Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

We're gonna have a wedding... we're gonna have a wedding!!!!!!! Congrats, Haydee. The ring is BEAUTIFUL!! Michelle.. I'm so proud of you for keeping the secret... what a woman!!!

Can't wait to bask in the shine of the ring in Alabama!! BTW Haydee, I have been known to sing Ave Maria on occasion.. *hint, hint*

Just back from 3 hours at the hospital. I have to go back Friday to do more so I can be gone for two weeks.

Off to the pool and some exercising and then soaking in some sun.

I can see it now... Judy singing... and Pam officiating!! :) That'll teach Juan to make you wait!!!!! :)

I can see the headlines now: "Violets Rock Houston Wedding of the Century!"

uh, yeah, the size of the diamond is directly linked to how long I had to wait to get it, ha ha ha.

Well, we've been talking for a few months now about how we are ready to take the next step. I had my old engagement ring but Juan said I deserved a new one since we had been through so much with the last one. So off we went to the jewelry store. I wanted a similar design like last time, yellow gold, three stones, but of course bigger stones. But he had other ideas. He said that since my fingers are so tiny that a single big stone would work better and platinum would look better with a single stone. Okayyyyy... I didn't argue, LOL. So he bought it but he said that he was going to surprise me with it at a later date, he didn't give it to me right then and there... So this man doesn't have a romantic bone in his body so I knew that he was just going to give it to me just randomly. And that's exactly what he did. We were at home, getting ready to go out to dinner and we are in our room changing and he just starts talking about how much he loves me and do I know how much he loves me, LOL. And I said, yes I know. And then he said that he wants me to love him and take care of him forever and he wants to do the same for me. And I said yes, I want that too and he just walked over and slipped the ring on my finger. I'm crying and kissing him and we just hold each other for awhile. This whole time I'm in my bra and panties and I was ironing his shirt. This is the time that he thought was right time to ask me, LOL. I don't know what goes through his head...

LOL sounds so much like my proposal. I helped him pick it out, he wanted a big diamond because my hands are big and he didn't want it to look goofy.. and he wanted a perfect diamond vs. the biggest in the end. I just wanted white gold. So he picked out the diamond.

We had it at the house, and he waited for the perfect opportunity; while I was watching Judge Judy. He just gave it to me, at least you got some pretty words :)

Oh yeah...Haydee and Juan's parent will love the lesbian liberal from California makin' it official! HAHA...I can hear them cusing in Spanish now. No, I'll be happy to be there, w/ the Violets! Uh, yeah...WE ARE INVITING OURSELVES!!! Michelle and I have known since their trip...and we already planned to attend w/ all the Violets!

CAN'T WAIT!

So wait, when & where is it??

I want to make plans to attend!!!!!

Ha ha ha, yes, it was very hard for michelle to keep the secret. I had asked Juan when we go the ring if I could already tell everyone but he said that would ruin the surprise. Well, when I saw Michelle and Pam I just couldn't help myself. I was bursting with joy and I just had to tell someone.

Oh and my parents are so cool but yeah, a church wedding done by a priest is something that is not negotiable!

So we are planning for May. My parents and his parents would like it sooner. Like tomorrow, LOL. No, they kept saying November. I've always dreamt that I would have an autumn wedding but I don't think I'll be able to pull this off in such a short time period. So right now it's up in the air. We wanted a little bit more time so that we could save up more money but everyone else is ready NOW. We are going to talk about it during our vacation and see if we are going to wait to May or cave in and have it in November.

And Judy, I would be honored if you sang at my wedding!

YEAH! I hope as many of ya'll that can come and share this will come. I feel like ya'll have been there to support us through all of our ups and downs. All the crying and the counseling and then finally the stronger love and respect that came out of all that.

OK...this is my last time posting from my classroom this year! It has been a great year, far better than w/ Manuel last year. I'll pop in later from home before the party.

Two of my dear friends, Jackie and Kristen (Jackie and Melissa Jackie) got RIF notices today (Reduction in Force) or pink slips today. We are going to Italy w/ Jackie and Melissa and I feel sooo bad for them. Hopefully, they will be able to save some of these positions. As it is now we are going to have a TON of students in our classrooms next year! Kristen is getting married in Nov. and is freakin' out. It is very hard to see my friends go through this.

OK...have a good afternoon.

Signing off for this school year!

xoxoxo

Ava Maria makes me cry!

Haydee as soon as you guys have something in stone let us know, I'd like to get it arranged as far in advance as possible! We were originally going to get married November of 07, with a big wedding, had everything booked and then last minute we changed it to 7/7/07 in Vegas with just a few people.

You should be good at this by now since that's what you do!

Any ideas about dresses yet? So exciting, wish I was there to look with you hehehehehe.

Edited by FairyFacade

me too, it always make me cry. And yes, i'm serious Judy. If you're seriously offering, i'm seriously accepting, LOL.

I will bring wedding magazines with me next week so we can look at dresses! I'm excited!!

me too, it always make me cry. And yes, i'm serious Judy. If you're seriously offering, i'm seriously accepting, LOL.

I will bring wedding magazines with me next week so we can look at dresses! I'm excited!!

Awesome! I'm honored and awfully excited!!!