Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

I'm starting the 5 day pouch test tomorrow. I am at 3.5cc now, and today I had a frisco burger from Hardee's. It wasn't even good. I'm just sabotaging myself because I know I can.

I should add, I started myplate back again today and after seeing the gross amount of calories in the burger, I adjusted the rest of my day. 140c yogurt, 200c of crab & 2 handfuls of red grapes.

Laura, I really liked the 5 day pouch test. Loved the Soups and it put my mind back in the game each time I did it. Hope it does the trick for you.

Beautiful day here today. I got some pool time and did my first packing for the trip. Now I can take things out and put things back for the next 7 days.

I'm going to work another hospital shift tomorrow and then head to Kris's for the day. I have a singing gig in the evening and then we're headed for a 4 hour drive to a hotel so we can be at a church meeting all day Saturday.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Hey Gang,

Home from SD! Had a great day and it was beautiful at the beach! Went to a late lunch w/ friend and her 3 kids and her mom. They are in Vegas, but are on vacation. They left dad at home...he is trying to finish his disseration and has been a complete ass! Sarita and I met in the dorms 100 years ago. Anywho...it was great! And she is so funny w/ her kids. She has 3 under 6yrs old...and you can tell she is on number 3! Amazing difference from #1!

POKING HOLES IN NIPPLES??? WTF? Kidding!

Good luck on the pouch test Laura. And I LOVE Nurse Jackie...too funny! Plus Weeds and Army Wives!

Tracy...yes, getting ready for BB...I'll be in Italy for the first 5 days, so when I get home, I'll need a quick update, k?

xooxox

Morning Girls.

Survived the mowing (very Hot). Survived the pool (SPF 70). Survived the night out witht the girls and loved the play. Now I'm up to cover a shift for a girl whose daughter is getting married this weekend.

Pam, I haven't been to SD since about 1970. Bet I wouldn't even recognize it. I had a Aunt and Uncle that lived in Poway and we used to go visit them every now and than.

They are calling for storms later today. I hope they hold off till evening so i can get some pool time in again.

Everyone have a geat day.

Hi Girls,

Thank you for your opinions advice & suggestions...

I went to the apt, left my house @ 6.30am and returned at 10.30pm...:blink:

Anyway, I got .5 in, taking small steps to restriction because PB and 'stuckness' really freak me out and send me into the arms of ice cream and chocolate anyway!! The anxiety I feel when I actually can't eat at all freaks me out. Hell, eating less in general freaks me out. I get the sweats everytime I think of "having to be so controlled everyday"

Please please GOD grant me the courage to change the things I do to myself that cause me such hurt & unhappiness.

JUDY....Thank you in particular for pointing out something I hadn't thought of. A support group, in real life, in person. Finding one will be very difficult because us Irish banders are completely ashamed and mortified to 'come out of the bandit closet'

I once tried to initiate a forum on gastric banding on a message board here and my threads were continually locked!! Obviously the cyber society don't want me or my kind socializing on their precious boards!

I wonder about Overeaters Anon? I know there's a monthly group near me...anyone any experience with that? Would that be a good idea for me to join?

I'm going to seek out other banders / recovering OE's, I think it would be good for me to have the focus & support.

Thanks again all xoxoxo:thumbup::sad::thumbup:

Edited by lunasa
nnobkj

Good morning, Violets..

I'm up early so I can get my hospital shift in and then go get some Grady time. Looks dreary out again. Guess it's supposed to rain this afternoon. No pool time, but I'll get some when we go to Mackinaw on Sunday for our anniversary.

Lunasa.. there was no support group near me so I started one. I put an ad in the paper inviting anyone who had had or was interested in having lap band surgery to come to the meeting and lo and behold I got lots of calls and we've been meeting for over a year now. We average 10 people per meeting and we discuss success, failure, recipes, exercise, whatever helps us. I have some say that they NEED the support group, so I'm really glad I started it. We meet once a month for an hour.

I'm off to get dressed and get started on my day. Everyone have a good one. Be good to yourselves. BBL

Good morning ladies~This is prob gonna be a long post so lets see who really reads it...you will be tested at the conclusion, lol :lol:

Wow, it is Friday and seems like Tues or Wed.?! I guess that is what happens in the summertime when there is no school...lose all track of time.

Pamela-weren't you out of the country last year when BB came on? You are a traveling fool! lol Glad you had a good time with your friend yesterday.

Judy-have a fantastic time this weekend. Happy Anniversary :sad:

Laura-best of luck with the pouch test! I agree that being able to eat one of those burgers is NOT good! I only have 1.5 and I could have never done it! Hope the pouch test gives you your restriction back. I think that plus the fill should do the trick! :wink2:

Michelle-I am so glad about your friend coming through her divorce and being OK. When you originally told the story it broke my heart for her. I am so glad she is better for it.

Terry-where are you? Aren't you supposed to be back by now?

Suzie-hope ou get the pool time in that you want!

Heather????? (i hope the baby is OK)

Kat-I have never been to the grand Canyon. Have fun and think of us!

Jenn-how are you? How is Kev?

I know Haydee is having a BALL!!! :tt1:

Jane-whats up sista? I like how you said yesterday that you wanted to lose weight before the trip but you didnt but you are still Jane. Well, that is the Jane I know and love. Love the way you said that! :wub: Wish I were gonna be there.

Lunasa-I pray that this fill is just what you need to get your heart & mind back into the 'game'.

To the violets going on the Alabama trip. Oh, I wish I was gonna be there. Kiss Carson for ME! I am going that weekend to see a friend of mine that I haven't seen in a couple of years. She and her husband live in LA (of course, where else, lol) and dh will not be going and macy will be at moms so at least I will have a couple of me days. She has a pool and we will lounge there and have a couple of cocktails and talk about old times. She was my running buddy back in the good old days...i am really excited. It wont be Alabama but it will be fun. At least I will not be sitting at home remembering you all are having fun without me. :tt2:

For some reason this morning I have thought about a cigarette TWICE so far. :blink: Whats that about? I guess that will always be in the back of my head. I can think, just not act.

I have a half more pound to lose for my -5 for June. :D I think I am gonna make it! Dare I say maybe more? I will try try try.

Have a great day everyone. Respect the pouch! RESPECT IT! :blink:

Tracy, wish you were going too. I thought you had a school reunion?

I see Terry down at the bottom, so I guess she is back!! I hope you had a great relaxing time!! The picture that Laura posted reminded me of Gruene.

Well off to work, fun fun.

Good Morning, Friends!

We got back last night -- totally exhausted from our week! I'll post more about it later, but I do have some wonderful news -- and proof that miracles to happen. Evan is doing very, very well and making tremendous progress AND Hannah is coming home to live with us -- permanently! So much stuff happened at 'family week' I can't even begin to tell you -- it was a difficult but extremely healthy process.

All is well.

Thank you, God!!!

So glad to read that, Terry! Thrilled for you!!

I was SO sick in the night! I awoke about 1am and my stomach HURT, I was having gurgling reflux, and I felt nauseus (sp?). I was up and down several times, then thought that maybe "sleeping" (ha ha) in the chair would help, so I got all situated there... I didn't sleep, really, just kind of dozed while continuously telling myself "It's ok." and "You'll be ok." and "Don't throw up." stuff like that. Made for a LONG night. I never did throw up, but did have other digestive issues (sorry trying to not be tmi). This a.m. I still feel "off". Honestly, I was internally freaking out that all my bad food choices & overeating had harmed my band or my stomach... & I still don't know for sure that it hasn't... but at least I'm functional (so far). I think the incident scared me straight... at least so far today it has. Yikes.

I had to get up & going this a.m. even tho all I wanted to do was crawl back into bed... had an eye doc app't & got to get new frames! I've had these since '05! I told the guy that if they came in by Weds (very doubtful) that I'd bake him pumpkin bread! I'd love to have them for Ala. It's always so hard to choose glasses... they're such a major part of what I look like... I was choosing between the same pair, but one was brownish & one was red... one blended in and one was a bit sassy... one was what everyone probably expects me to get and one would've been a bit out of character... which one do you think I got?

Ok... I've got to try to get a little work done, & then I think the kids and I are actually going to go to the pool for the first time this year!

Morning girls~

I KNOW the Palm Springs Michelle got the sassy ones. Now the question is...which Michelle was at the eye doc. Can't wait to see 'em! Hope you feel better.

Terry...welcome home and congrats on the good news. Now more shopping trips w/ dd are in your future! Can't wait to see you in 3 days...did you get my card/$??

We are off. Guess what...remember I did 7 min Wed (then another 4 later) on the eliptical??? Well...today I did like 16 min (w/ many stops to drink...and not die) but I DID 1 MILE!!! Hell yeah! Me, a mile...that is like I jogged a mile! Are you freakin' kidding me??? I am so proud of myself! Susanne did 3 miles in 34 min w/o a worry...I looked liked a fat rat who was on verge of heart attack...but I don't give a shit...I did it!!! I rock!

Today:

Seamstress, Susanne doc appt., safety deposit box (getting passports), City Hall for Klausy's licence, pic up pix, grade some papers, and dinner w/ Rob and Charles! I swear it has been a busy week...but we've enjoyed spending time together. She leaves for Phoenix on Monday...and I think I am going somewhere on Thursday???? I get home from Bama on Monday night..and we leave for Italy on Thursday morning...so we have a ton of shit to get ready for our big trip this weekend!

Have a great day!

xoxooxoxxo

WAY TO GO PAMELA!!! You DO rock!! One day I will try that machine. I just got back from the gym and did 3.5 miles on the treadmill....and the sweat machines were working OT!!

Terry-glad that things went so well. I am so happy for you!

Jane-we did have a class reunion scheduled that weekend, but they changed it to the first weekend in August for some reason. Who knows....

YAY PAM!!! Eliptical is a bitch too, I can do like 3 minutes before dying. It hurts my legs so bad.

Way to go!

Thanks for the props ladies...still feel great!

I just got the best best bestest news. MY DISSERTATION IS DONE W/ THE EDITOR! The graduate lady just mailed me all my paper work. I need to pay the $65. to the publisher company for copyrights, $450 to reg. office for my dissertation fee, $1500 to my editor (already paid her $550). Then I am done! Broke...but done! I can't believe it! There have been so many "I am dones" and I appreciate you all going through it with me! There will be one more...when the degree is hanging on my wall. In many ways, I kinda don't believe it. Weird I know...like I am waiting for an "oh shit...you need to do xxx" and that it is not going to really happen. That is part of the self doubt crap that lives in all of us...like I don't deserve to be healthy/thin/etc. Blahblahblah!

Anyway...I am in shock for now! I am off to grade some papers and chillax before we go out to dinner!

xooxoxox