Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Good morning violets~

Happy Anniversary Judy

Ahhh, Sunday. Same old same old...dh is sleeping and works nights again tonight but the good news is that it is his last one. It is kinda hard and a PITA to tiptoe around the house all day with a 5 (almost 6) year old. Dss and dsd are coming over tomorrow and staying until Wednesday or Thursday.

No gym for me today because the kids center is closed on Sunday. :( I have gotten to where I really enjoy going and to miss today is gonna suck. *sigh* Oh well, I still have a little grocery shopping to do so at least I will get out of the house. It is so hot and humid it is unbearable to do anything outside unless it is way early morning or way late in the evening.

Have a great day everyone! Respect the pouch! :biggrin:

Good Sunday Morning.

Kat, I'm very sorry about your loss. May her memories bring a smile to your heart.

Not much on my agenda today. I'm taking my sis to the grocery store. Than it's home to stay cool and comfortable. Hot weather all week long.

Have a great day.

Wishing a very Happy Father's day to all the Dads out there and to all the Dads we hold dear in our Hearts.

Uh, Suzie.... what is the meaning of your quote? LOL

Tracy, that's so cool that you're going to miss (emotionally) going to the gym today! That is such a good sign!! You're hooked! Yea!!!! Why don't you and DD get on the floor and do some good stretching together?

Jane - thanks for the birthday card! That was really cute!

DD and I spent a few hours at Ikea yesterday then went to dinner with friends to Celebrate my birthday. It was a very nice day! Today I need to get my son's car detailed and get it ready to sell. I have to get it listed and pics up before I leave for Alabama. It's gonna be a crazy week...AGAIN!

Guess I better get busy.

Edited by TerriDoodle

Did ya'll know that we have over 26,100 posts in our Shrinking Violets threads?! That's a lot of posts!

Well we have things underway for our cook out, most of the prep work is done, and Rick has cleaned the patio and yard, and grill----even tho it is Fathers Day, he too takes pride in it all being nice for everyone to gather.

Tonight I have to do something very foreign to me. In the Navajo culture, the spirit remains in the body for 5 days. They used to build a raised alter, and leave the body in the open closer than normal to the heavens and let the body remain there for 5 days while the soul rested, awaiting entry into heaven. Not exact, but I cannot remember which leader is supposed to transport......they told us---they being Marvins grandparents. So now they have the waiting time, and during that time, we are supposed to say our goodbyes etc. to her. So they literally booked me a time to be at the mortuary with Marvin to say goodbye. It is tonight. I have sat in mortuaries and cried, and even said goodbye, but this is the first that is ritualistic. Has me a little unsure, and I am afraid tongue tied.

The last time Marvin and I talked back and forth was at my BIL's moms funeral a week and a half ago, and she was sad, and getting sick then, and the last thing I said to her was "It'll get better baby, don't forget we love you" as Rick and I hugged the kids as we were leaving.

She was a bit shy at first but overall very outgoing, so I know she is busy winning everyone over in heaven. Manda and I had this talk last night. She said she feels stupid for even saying or asking, but that she has always been comforted by knowing your soul is at peace in heaven, and all your ills and ailments were gone. She was concerned that Marvin would not be Marvin, if she was releived of her retardation. I really hate that word---we also discussed that! But y'all know what I mean, it is not derogatory, just descriptive. In the end we decided God does not make mistakes, so Marvin is just how he intended her, and we will see her again as we know and love her. Sad conversation with my kids, but I am comforted knowing where they are in their beliefs. Even though we have my SIL telling us repeatedly how immature and inaccurate our beliefs and feelings of life/death/heaven etc. are. It is fine by me, I prefer immaturity then!!!

I have the Beans a bakin', and the corn bread salad a chillin' and ribs are ready for the grill. The rest the kids are doing!

Hope you all have a good day. Pamela my heart is with you today, I know it is a hard one for you. For all of you that no longer have Dads around to Celebrate with---(((hugs))) wish I could make today easier for you.

See you all tonight after my "time"

Yay I'm so excited, we're so close.

Haydee what is the name of that store I went nuts in in Houston? I am a shopaholic and I swear to you I have been fantasizing about that store. It was so cheap and so cute, and I am so mad we don't have a store like that. But I was going to try to find the closest one, I may take a road trip if it's not too far, but I can't remember the name.

I am so desperate, I thought about sending you there with a camera phone.. hehehehehe.

Oh and starting Day 3 of liquid diet :)) It's getting easy, please oh please be helping my pouch!!

I just had to change the channel when a red lobster commercial came on, and another forum I'm at, a hot topic is 'toasted ravioli' so I kept having to avert my eyes from the newsfeed lol.

I lost 2lbs yesterday hah.

Edited by FairyFacade

Laura, that is great!!

I was really trying hard to lose weight for the trip, but unless I lose a bunch in the next couple of days..... I am really not sure what else to do. I have been watching what I eat, exercising (which I could do more), and just trying to have the right attitude. Sometimes it just won't stick!!

I went to church today and boy was it cold in there!!! We got a new air conditioner and boy was it working!! I am not a cold person, so I felt sorry for them!!

Came home and laid down, kiss of death!! Now I have to hurry like all get out to get shopping and stuff!!

Have a great Sunday!!!!!

just wanted to say hi to everyone

first i've been out of bed in 2 days

have a good n ight

Even though it's been a little while since I have lost my Dad, it's days like today that bring it all back. Pam, I was thinking of you today and wishing that you had a very nice day even though it must have been a tough one for you. I know people say it gets better with time but for me I don't see it. It still hurts as much now as it did back then.

We swam most of the day. Neighbors came over, Nephew and the kids came over. Now I'm getting laundry done and getting prpared for tomorrow.

Yesterday morning a cousin of mine's husband passed away. He was 48 and had been battleing brain cancer for a short time. The visitation is tomorrow night and I'm sure it's going to be a big one. He was Police Officer. They have two small boys. Sure is going to be tough for all of them.

BIL is out in back smoking ribs for our dinner. Here it is almost 7pm and he's no where done. Looks like I'll have to eat mine tomorrow. They know I don't eat after 7pm. That way I don't have to take so many rolaids during the night. Crimany. Oh well.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Happy Anniversary Judy and Bob.

Emotional night. Cannot even describe the oddities of the cultural differences. They upset me, I know they have their beliefs, but some of them seriously angered me, one of her uncles saying in broken english, that she died because she embarrassed the tribe. I wanted to choke him, but he was an old, stupid man. They wanted me to say my goodbyes while the family was there watching me and instructing me in certain things to say, and I could not touch her. Was a sucky thing to be honest. I brought some pics of Marvin we had taken through the years, and her Navajo family would not look at them, or allow the board of photos that my niece prepared be present, because looking at her in that manner might keep her from being allowed to move on, and trap her spirit here on earth.

I know they have their beliefs, but it was just sad.

The rest of the day was great. All the kids were here, and Manda's friend was here with his twins Jacob and Isaiah. The ones Kinsey always referred to as the 2 boys with one face. The 2 of them and Connor played hard. Kinsey spent most of the day with her Dad, only getting here after most had left. And she was so sunburned, Manda was furious. Her little face is beet red.

Food was good, company was good, lots of laughing, and playing, and talking. It was a nice get together.

Then my MIL tells me, it just breaks her heart to see me be able to eat like I do and her DD cannot. I was unsure how to take it, gave her the benefit of the doubt that she just wishes my SIL could eat as well. She says that she is still not eating. Which is not surprising, there has been no attention being paid to her, first her MIL passed away and now Marvin---so no one is focusing on her, and that upsets her.

Abbey and the son out law, were here, with Corvin, and he is such a sweetie, he is laughing all the time. He thinks I am hilarious, he would start in with the belly laughs, and have us all laughing with him! Such a cutie! He is not as big as y'alls boys!! He is 5 months old, and is almost 14 pounds, and is 25 inches tall. He is in 6 month sizes, has 2 teeth. He still is nursed mostly, although he is being introduced to Cereal now, he sorta likes it, but gets frustrated and is ready to nurse soon after trying to eat!!

He is like a Water faucet with his drooling! He soaks everything! More teeth on the way I guess!

We bought him this stuffed toy at the Grand Canyon---you know we HAD to buy gifts for the babies!! Anyway it squeaks, and everytime we would squeak it he would squeal loudly and just laugh like crazy. It was hilarious.

Realized after they left we forgot to give Connor and Kinsey theirs....duh.

I am ready for bed, but I ate waaaay too many ribs today, and it is just slow digesting! I did ok, with avoiding the side things, the chips etc, kept to the Protein, because they were SOOOO good! Now I am miserable tho, and ready to go to bed.

Will see y'all tomorrow. Was going to be off, because we were not going to be back, so going to go ahead and take the day anyway----YAY!!!

Morning.

Up and getting ready for work.

Wish it was the weekend again. We had so much fun yesterday. I wish all weekends could be like that for everybody.

Laura, I'm proud of you for doing the 5 day diet. Hang in there, you're almost done.

Everyone have a great day.

Good Monday Morn, Vi's~~

More passages of time: DS is off to work for his first time @ the HS soccer camp that he attended each summer growing up (the HS players hold a camp for the younger kids for a week each summer; I think it's great that they share their passion & give back to the kids!). He biked there! He's such an athlete.

Today for me it's work & clean like crazy... gotta get the house & fam-damily ready for the weekend, y'know! :(

Make it a good one!