Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Yeah, got some free time (did I just jinx myself??) and updated my pics hehehe.

For those of you without facebook... May 27th we had a storm and the most complete & beautiful rainbow (2 actual) I've ever seen in my life, it was so breath taking.. the shadows in our yard made it even better, the field had the sun so it was glowing gold and then a dark cloud cast a shadow over everything else.

Anyway, I took some pics (which don't do it justice):

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

Edited by FairyFacade

Well the truck is considerably higher than when he got here. I fixed dinner for them, there are only 3--one of the guys chose to stay home, get drunk, scare his wife with his ramblings, and is now sobering up in detox! He has been a serious alcoholic for a long time, and he goes on benders frequently. But when he does this trying to get to and from the reservation, while smashed, it makes me mad-------I have loved ones on the road, he needs to not be! Hope they lock him up for awhile this time.

Dinner is meanwhile getting cold, because when they thought they were done and I set it out, they forgot some plate on the front of the truck......grrrrr thats ok, they get cold enchiladas, and Beans and rice and corn bread! LOL

Well I am gonna eat mine while it is warm. BBL!!

Oh, (filling up the new thread with a bunch of junk already) one more thing...

I had to call 911 today because a crazy old woman who shouldn't have a license. I'm driving down a 4-lane highway which THANK GOD was pretty quiet. There's a grass median in the middle. So I'm driving one way, and there's this little old lady driving the same way; on the other side of the median!! I start laying on my horn trying to get her attention, she goes a good half mile in oblivion- coming up on a red light that has plenty of cars about to come head-on into her. She never did hear me honking, but luckily that light was red because she got to it right when oncoming traffic started moving, so they all laid on their horn and stopped. She just stopped in the middle of the road and sat there- that was the last I saw, I was turning off. OY.

Good morning, Violets..

Nice to see we're still online this morning. I'm dressed and headed out the door for my busy day. Bob is going to video tape the Gospel Sunday service for us. Hope he can keep the camera steady!

Everyone have a great day. I'll check in when I can.

Laura the pics are wonderful but my fav is the first one! Absolutely beautiful! Maybe framing material? If carsons room is Noahs ark he should have a rainbow in there? :)

Violets-I am all packed and ready to go but I wanted to stop in and say bye and I hope you all have a great couple of days! See ya'll Tuesday :)

Respect the pouch! :tongue_smilie:

Good morning gals

i guess it was good i was busy... looks like there was some technical difficulty

Terry - Happy Birthday

Laura - how beautiful... I got to see the end of a rainbow last summer right in front of me, and i couldn't get it on my cell and no camera, but it was breathtaking. How often do you really get to see the end of a rainbow? I get double rainbows from my house all the time, we just had one, and i was in the living room and saw the sun starting to come out and told my mom and kids to go look at the rainbow, they looked at me like i was nuts because i didn't move, but there it was.

I have been cleaning like a crazy person, Shampoo carpets, dusting fans, windows... how nice it is in here, and today i'm going to take down a wall so i can put in some insulation and get the living room finished around the new door.

I'm having my aunts memorial service at my house on July 11th and my dd is having a summer party on Aug 8, i just want my house done... or down stairs will be done anyway. 1 wall and the bathroom left, and that wont be too horrible either.

hope you are all having a good weekend, i'm off like a prom dress

Good Sunday Morn, Vi's~~

I woke up @ the regular 6:15, rolled over, and the next thing I know I open my eyes and the clock reads 9:47am! Whew! Guess I needed that! The kids were so sweet to let me sleep in.

But now I'm up & have to get moving. I have to pop over to the grocery store & purchase the ingredients for the ice cream sandwich cake... I need to bring 2 to the soccer party this eve... this cake is EVIL, I tell you... yet so nummy in its evilness!

Happy Birthday, Terry!

Pam: You've vacuumed twice in a month now?? Be careful, it could turn into a habit! Nah, I think it's just when you invite folks (even wee little folks like your nephew) over, you feel compelled to tidy... so the lesson for S is that you should invite someone every week! lol!!

Laura: Beautiful rainbow pics & I also enjoy the updated you & C pics! Can't wait to see you guys (& everyone) in a couple weeks!

Have fun, Tracy!

I thought of you this a.m., Judy... the Sunday Morning show did a piece about choruses... there's an increase in the number of folks in them, as well as all the benefits of being in one, etc... interesting stuff, if you could get a transcript (did you see that, Pam? or was it Disney Channel time by then?).

Kat: You have more patience than I w/that guy-car-in-the-driveway stuff! Wow!

Janie: Did you get anything fun while shopping w/your mom?

Suzie: Your backyard sounds so relaxing! Pool AND shade... + ballgames on the radio, burgers on the grill, margi's in the blender... ahhhhh!

Jen: More renovation? Wow!

Haydee: Have a great time in Cabo!! Have a mango margi for me by the pool!! (You bought one of those orange bathingsuits that gal had on in PS, right?? You will ROCK IT, girl!!)

Make it a great day, Vi's!

Michelle

not really more .... just finishing where the window came out and the door went in, and the bathroom where the dryer came out when I officially got my laundry room, which, btw, is not finished either, but i can close that door, that is going to be finished in the fall. My next big project is going to be when my mother finds a perm residence someplace... maybe next spring... she doesn't know where she wants to plant herself... I'm going to take the room she has here and ds's room and make it 1 big bedroom, poor ds has the smallest room in the house...

I am pb'n all over the place so eating comfort food which i'm sure you all know that is very bad... i'm going to do liquids for a week to try to get this undercontrol.

So nice to log in and find everybody.

I took a muscle relaxer before going to bed but woke up all achy anyway. I think it's the weather here. Cool and wet.

I cooked some bacon and fixed 1 egg for me. I've put a pork roast in the oven and I will shred it when it's done cooking. We will use it for sandwiches for the next few days. I have a really busy, I mean really busy schedule this week. And so the meat will come in handy.

Tracy, Have a safe trip.

Michelle, I love our backyard. It's not real fancy or anything, just homey. We spend a lot of time out there. I think our neighbors are tired of seeing us already.

Everyone have a great day.

Rick is gone......off riding his new chopper! Scary stuff the first ride! Hoping all the brake lines and bolts, and welds and all hold like intended!! He called and all is well. Bike looks amazing going down the road!

Other than thinking about going to a movie, I didn't have any issues with the guys being here working on the truck. I enjoy them, the ones that were here are ones I like, and enjoy having around.

It was the same way when we had kids at home, they all gathered here, seldom did we just have our own kids, there were always extras!!! Now there are no kids, but the guys all gather here---Rick has the popular house!!! LOL

Only 2 stayed later--the kid with the truck, and another single guy---so I fixed dinner, fed them, and they sat around the table takking til almost midnight! I read, listened, watched a movie---all at the same time.

Now.....if he stays gone on the bike too long, I will be unhappy!!! He is off all week, he can go solo riding. I do not want to be home alone all day---and I know he knows that, so he better come home sooner rather than later!!! LOL He will, he is a smart man!

Guess I will go put clothes on and maybe some make up so I can be ready to go when he gets back. Not sure what I want to do yet-----but something!

See y'all later!

Housework is done and roast is cooking. As soon as it is done I will be baking a banana nut bread. I'm trying real hard not to take a nap.

Sleepy, I'm getting sleepy, sleeeeepppppppppyyyyyyy..........

I slept in today; as much as I could, waking up to entertain Carson as needed. He was bored so I tried reading him a Dr. Suess book. We got half-way through before he got annoyed, but for the first half he was grinning and coo'ing, it was adorable!!! I don't remember reading them as a kid except for Green eggs & Ham, so the stories are all new to me lol. I was reading red fish blue fish thing.. very bizarre.

Hola Chicas~

We slept in until 5:50am...I need to work on this. We did lounge in bed until 8:30, dozing and watching the Sunday Morning show. I thought of Judy too when I watched about the chours. I want to do that, but am too busy now.

Then we went out back to hang out w/ Klausy, clean his poop, he hit my right need w/ his big hard head, and I have a red egg! Hurt like hell...and will hurt all week. Then when I was pulling weeds, he came and knocked my so hard on the head I cried. My right jaw hurt that is how hard he hit me. I have a weird feeling and am very sleepy...damn, it still hurts. We hung out w/ him for an 1.5 hours, but I am still woozey. He abused me!

Came in and showered, and went online. I need to work on edits, but may need a quick nap...I am soooo sleepy I think from crying.

Going to do nothing today...work on edits, watch TV, make a chicken and rice dish. Chillax!

Have a great day!

xooxox

I have a cousin in Canada, I see once every 5 years or more.. She is coming down (I THOUGHT next weekend) for our family cookout on her way to somewhere else.

Anyway on Facebook she said 27th :tongue_smilie:

I will probably have to break away on that Sunday during our trip and come up and see her, she wants to see Carson too. I won't spend all day, but I can't not go.