Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

did you request your info card from Lap Band?

I sure did because it allows you to order smaller sized portions at restaurants. There is a clause on it that states this person cannot eat large quanitites of food and please allow them to order smaller portions. It works great at restaurants!

I can now order off the kid's menu at restaurants. At Chilis they have a great grilled chicken on the kid's menu and it's 1/2 the price of regular portion and it's still a really big piece!

But it's a really good card to have anyways becuase if you are ever in an emergency situation it tells the emergency folks that you have this device. It has your name, the size of the band, surgery date, dr's name & #

Just thought I would share in case everyone didnt know about the patient ID card from Lap Band :(

I ordered mine and had a chance to use it the first time at pizza Hut. I don't have a lot of restriction yet so can still eat pizza but knew I wouldn't eat enough to warrant the full buffett. So I asked if they honored it and the waitress took it to her manager and he said I could eat for the price of a child. I didn't ask how much that was but figured about $3.50 as opposed to $7.50 regular adult. When we got ready to pay, mine was free! I questioned them and they said on Tuesday's kid's eat free. I said thanks and offered to pay the childs price anyway and the check-out girl said no it would be free. Yes!! My husband was happy and said he was sending me every Tuesday to Pizza Hut!!! HA!!! Only problem is that since surgery I don't really want pizza and next week I'll have my first fill and probably can't eat it anyway.

PS: I only ate 2 small pieces and about 1/4 cup salad. Not much restriction but enough to be able to tell a difference.....

Where can you get this from? My dr's office doesn't do it that I know of. I'm scheduled to be banded on June 25th. Thanks in advance.

I have a little business card thing that my doc gave me for restaurants. I guess I've just been too chicken to use it though... I'm scared someone will tell me no!

My Dr's office gave me a temporary card with a number and I logged on to LapBand.com and ordered the card. I think the registration number links you to the information that the Dr registers with LapBand the Company. When I put in the registration number all the info pulled up and I ordered it through the website. You can also fill all that out on a postcard and order it through the mail.....Definately worth it...Also if you carry it it can inform medical personell of the LapBand in case of emergency....

Dr office gave me mine when discharged from hospital says please allow this person to eat off childrens menu, they have had abdominal surgery and can only eat small amounts, on back it has a small pic of a band xray and also MD;s name and phone#

I was given mine at discharge as well. It could come in useful . However at the moment the only person that knows about my surgery is my husband so I would have to decide if i wanted the others in the group I was with to know before deciding whether to use it or not!

I got mine at my pre-op check up just before surgery. The nurse gave me a surgical information kit that is yellow. In it contained two books. One was A New Beginning and the other one Living Healthily Ever After. The card was in the back of one of the books. It was a post card to mail in to Allergan or sign up online.

I hope this helps.

I have mine but have not used it because since my fills we have not gone out....

Glad to hear it works for most! :(

If you don't have your temporary patient ID card with the 7-digit code, ask your surgeon for a LAP-BAND® System Surgery Kit. This packet from Allergan is filled with resources you will need during your post-surgery LAP-BAND® System Journey and includes the temporary ID card.

or

Call 1-800-LAP-BAND, option 6, for assistance. You will be asked to answer a series of questions relating to your procedure, your surgeon, and your band.

or

go to there web site Lapband.com - LAP-BAND

To receive your permanent patient ID card, enter the 7-digit number found on the lower right hand corner on the back of your temporary ID card. The temporary ID card is included in your LAP-BAND® System Surgery Kit provided by your surgeon’s office.

I got mine at my nutrition class a few days before surgery.

I went to the International House of pancakes, and used it there. It turned out that my waitress's mom had had gastric bypass, but she didn't know anything about the lap band.

Debbie

how do i get one,i havent recieved one as yet and i was banded 28th of jan 09

We don't have them in australia. Only people in the states can get them which sucks.

On one of my 'last meals' pre-surgery I told my waitress (who knew me well) about my upcoming surgery. And she asked, "Are you gonna be one of the those people that has a Dr.'s note to order from the kid's menu?" and I replied, "Yeah I guess" and she then told me that the restaurant doesn't honor them.

And when you think about it, I understand. It's not the restaurants fault that I had surgery. Why should they take a cut in income because of my lifestyle change?

I can always take home the left overs.

But on the other side, I was informed by a fellow bander that it is discrimination.

So, be prepared to be declined. I got mine when I was discharged and haven't needed it yet.. Still on liquids. But I know I'll try it, but if they turn me down, I won't be upset about it. But I'll definitely remember the restaurants that did honor it!!!

This is an awesome tip! I'm travelling to the US in July and wasn't really looking forward to having to be all fussy and pedantic about portion sizes when eating out. (Mind you, I'm travelling with a 12 year old boy so I was planning to order an adult meal and swap him for his kid's meal, anyway!) Can we maybe start a master list of restaurants that accept the card?

Sarah R, I'm in Australia too and I still got one of the LapBand ID cards and a tracking number. My surgeon said I must carry it with me at all times in case of emergency- you should ask your doctor for one.