Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band CookBook

Hello everyone!

It's been almost 2 years since my banding (08|14|07) and I am happy to say I am very pleased with my progress! I'm down about 65lbs=) and counting! I am sure I don't have to say this, but living with the Lapband has been quite a journey. I am sure all of us have our stories-right? I could go on and on but I want to get right to the point-feel free to contact me once you have read the post!

I have begun to collect recipes for all stages of the lapband journey so that I may write and publish a cool,witty,cookbook. My goal is to write a book that we as "bandsters" can enjoy without giving up flavor or more importantly, leaving out the other members of the family or "non-bandsters" lol With that said- I know I have become extremely clever when it comes to recipes and food ideas that work with my lapband without skimping on flavor, or making me sick- So I can only imagine what you guys have come up with! Well I want to find out- WHAT ARE YOU GUYS COOKING!? How creative have you become to eat well and respect the lapband,AND keyword feed the entire family?? Please get back to me with your recipes MAINDISHES,Entrees,Desserts,appetizers,Soups whatever you guys have created that you want to share send it to me!! After all,who says eating healthy has to taste bad or be boring? I invite you guys to share your recipes,tips,and overall input to get the book done! I have been blessed with the creativity of an artist and the wit of a very well seasoned "home-cook" for the last 15 years, I have cooked,catered,and hosted my share of dinner parties-ALL of which has allowed me to come up with some great dishes that I have refined or reinvented since I had my surgery-I am always learning,experimenting,and trying new ideas! Food|cooking should be fun so to those that have given up on great taste and food enjoyment-NO THANKS lol! Lets eat! I would also welcome the advice of anyone out there who can help me get a publisher once the book is done, I am quite serious and want to help as many of us as possible,please help me with this project any and ALL advice is welcomed! I will respond to anyone who is serious and willing to help get the book done, thanks guys looking forward to hearing from you!

Kevin Walker

kevgbmbklyn@aol.com-email me direct:cool2:

This sounds like a great idea. I love cooking and am/was afraid I would lose some of that desire to cook...I don't have any lapband recipes yet because I am a newbie, but I would definitely be interested.

I cook everything I used to cook for my family and either don't eat it or do not eat as much -

www.Davita.com recipes -- recipes there lap band patients can use - with all the information about the recipes

I think creating one is such as a great idea - so innovative...I actually bought a "200 shakes" recipe book compiled by a bandster on Ebay - so not only will it help people - maybe you can make a few bucks too!

Thanks for the Davita link, I just bookmarked it!

hi Leseid what was the name of the 200 protien shake book? I am very interested in that. Thank you