Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mayo Banditos / Friday Weigh In !!!!

I finally entered two-terville this weekend!! Couldn't believe it when I got on the scale the past three mornings and my scale was under 300lbs for the first time since I bought that scale almost 2 yrs ago!! YEAH ME!! I was so excited... but I don't count it until the scale is under 300lbs 3 days in a row and this morning was day #3..... I was SOOOO excited... I can't remember the last time I saw under 300....

I finally entered two-terville this weekend!! Couldn't believe it when I got on the scale the past three mornings and my scale was under 300lbs for the first time since I bought that scale almost 2 yrs ago!! YEAH ME!! I was so excited... but I don't count it until the scale is under 300lbs 3 days in a row and this morning was day #3..... I was SOOOO excited... I can't remember the last time I saw under 300....

Congratulations! How exciting! :)

And congrats to everyone else for an awesome week!!! :D:thumbup::lol:

Didn't get a chance to get online before this!

10/23/09 228

10/30/09 226.5

A pound and a half gone. I am so looking forward to onederland. Congrats to everyone!

Port replacement went well. :thumbup: Weighed in today @ 223....

Last week 229

this week 227.8

lost -1.2

total 57.2

Edited by reneek

When I started my journey (11/01/08) I was at 325. Surgery Day (05/07/09) I was at 296. One day before my 6 month anniversary I am at 241. Down 84 total, 55 since the surgery. At my 6 month mark I really wanted to be at 60 pounds since the surgery, so I'm a little mad at myself, but also pretty happy with what I've done so far.

I have to say though, that the closer I get to my goals, the further away I seem to be. I look at myself in the mirror, and I think I'm more disgusted with myself now than I was in the past. How and why did I let myself get so big? What an idiot.

Ok...shake it off. Move on. Keep going forward...I know...I'm trying...

David

Happy Friday...

Last week 188.4

This week 187

-1.4 I was down more yesterday but I had crackers and I'm learning that any kind of carb sits much longer than when I stick to mostly Protein. But those crackers hit the spot cuz I rarely eat them.

Moving forward to a NEW week!! Hope all are doing well!!

When I started my journey (11/01/08) I was at 325. Surgery Day (05/07/09) I was at 296. One day before my 6 month anniversary I am at 241. Down 84 total, 55 since the surgery. At my 6 month mark I really wanted to be at 60 pounds since the surgery, so I'm a little mad at myself, but also pretty happy with what I've done so far.

I have to say though, that the closer I get to my goals, the further away I seem to be. I look at myself in the mirror, and I think I'm more disgusted with myself now than I was in the past. How and why did I let myself get so big? What an idiot.

Ok...shake it off. Move on. Keep going forward...I know...I'm trying...

David

David - Why are you being so hard on yourself???? YOU ARE DOING GREAT. :smile2: You are down 84 lbs. That's an achievement. So it takes you a little longer - BIG DEAL. This isn't a diet. It's a life changing journey that we will ride till the day we die.....( Very old I hope...lol.) :thumbup:

I really pushed the pre-surgery dieting and lost 50 lbs. Post banding I lost 64 lbs. I owe it to my Doc for allowing me to be aggressive on my fills.

DO NOT be discouraged........You are doing great and will continue to lose.

Congratulations on another great week, everyone! :frown:

My refill kicked in, and I am down 4 this week, for a total of 80. :lol:

David, please don't beat yourself up in any way! You have done phenomenally well! 84 lbs!!! That is fantabulous!!! :thumbup: How and why did any of us let ourselves get to the size we were? At this point, all that matters is that we took the right steps to get to where we are now. :smile: And look, you took them at a much earlier age than me. That is awesome! I wish I had done this 10 years ago. I wouldn't have gone through many of the things I went through... maybe I wouldn't have even gotten cancer. But ya know, I don't like to look back and think that way. We're all here together right now, supporting and learning from each other, and making wonderful lifestyle changes. And we're glad you're a part of our mayo Bandito team, because you are an inspiration! :smile2:

well, this eek I stayed the same. I have been working out like a mad woman. My goal was to be under 200 by thanksgiving and it seems that those 10 pounds wont budge. I am very good with what I eat and I am burning 700 to 1000 cals working out4 to 5 times a week. maybe my body is adjusting but I want to see the scale drop. I know patience! but I have never had much of that. I complain here because my hubby said if I keep so obsessed with it he will hide the scales again! I dont want that to happen. May be next week I will have a good drop in weight. congrats to all this week weather you lost or stayed the same. Keep up the great work!

My weight today is 213.4 lbs. I was 216 last Friday so that's 2.6 pounds. Crossing my fingers that this lasts!

Congratulations everyone, whether you lost or not, this has been another week of taking care of ourselves :).

Thank you, guys. I appreciate it. I know that I'm doing great (as most of us are, thankfully!), but sometimes I let those why's and what if's take control of me. You're right, Ann...I did start earlier than you...but I DO kick myself, because I was going to do it three years ago and didn't do it. I feel like I lost those three years. I'm just hoping the weight loss gives them back to me later! :-)

David

Just think of the folks who just can't grasp how to make a change. Those who really want to, but can't bring themselves to do it, or the ones who are desperate, and do not have any means to get anything done.

We are so fortunate to have had this done, and to have each other to share this life changing experience with.

With that said, 84 lbs lost! amazing.

I guess I am going to lose oz instead of lbs for awhile. I am thinking third fill.

Down only two tenths of a lb this week. 173.8, but it beats the heck out of 212.

Have a good week all.

Take care

Congratulations everyone, whether you lost or not, this has been another week of taking care of ourselves :redface:.

Amen, sister! This is exactly what we all should be focused on! :):thumbup:

Less of me, have you thought about whether you might need to increase your caloric intake for a while? Sometimes your body holds onto weight if you aren't taking in enough. You can track your cals. on a free program like Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate or fitday. If you're under 1000 cal, you probably need to increase.... especially with that much exercise! Don't worry, it will come off, though. :cursing:

A little late in posting. I was out of town this weekend. One lb. lost. 60# lost, total. 20 more to go!!