Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month band anniversary=(

Hi Everyone,

I was banded on April 30 and today is my one month band anniversary. At one point I had lost about 12lbs and then gained back four. After my first fill on May 20th (5.2cc in 10cc), I lost the 4 and am back to good ol 194/194.5=(. I am only 5ft so being this heavy at my height not only looks horrible on me, it feels horrible. I have been yo yoing with 194 for a little less than 3 weeks and am disappointed in myself. I totally recognize a 10lb loss in one month is good, but being stuck at 194ish for so long sucks.

I have always been fairly active and worked our a couple times a week. So exercise isn't my problem- food is! I do eat less and am making some better choices- but not always. I feel like I paid 15,000.00 and hoped I would have more willpower this time. I wonder if I had better willpower and could commit to writing down everything I eat/counting calories if I would have lost more by now. I wonder if I am going to be that sad girl that failed at WLS. So, I am posting on here hoping to find some support and motivation to not be that person. Thanks in advance for any replies!

weight.png

First, you are not going to fail at this. You have already committed considerable resources and thought and you will succeed.

Second, know that you are not alone. I have been hovering at 191-193 for three weeks. I had my second fill on Tuesday and think it will help. We have to hang in there and trust the band and our bodies.

And 1980, ten pounds in a month is great. Just think if you lost one pound a week what you will look like in a years time. I have sixty pounds to lose to hit my goal. Slow and steady wins the race. (I know, I know...I want it to be faster too!)

Most of all..DON'T WORRY...We CAN DO THIS!

I take a lot of comfort knowing that even if I hit some bumps in the road and gain a few pounds, it would be really physically difficult to gain back all the weight that I have lost and will lose. I won't let myself be that person again and I know that I don't have to be anymore.

You're in bandster hell and it really does feel like hell. I'm in it too, but there's hope ahead. I read a blog that said it's like having a brand new swimming pool with no Water in it. It's just kind of a bummer to look at because you cant' enjoy it yet. You'll be able to fill it up and enjoy it soon.

Thank you Txdj and California 29, your support and positive words helped! I have now signed up for the daily plate and have been logging in everything I eat and keeping track of my workouts. It made me feel much more in control and then reading that others have also stalled for 2-3 weeks helps. scale is still not moving but at least I know I am not alone! Thanks again!

Sweet heart you just need to get to your "sweet spot" where you are not even thinking bout food - that will happen for you just keep going back for your fills. I have had 4 now and am finally feeling "alright" However I have been making bad choices - subconsciously thinking to myself, sweet, banded now, dont have to worry. However what happens is the band resets the chemistry which is keeping us fat, and helps us with portions - but the rest is us.

Hang in there, we're all in the same boat.

Oh, and don't drink with meals - thats what I have been doing and it is baaaaaad!

1980, i can totally feel your pain. i was a self pay and just knew i had blown this major investment b/c my love of food was so much stronger. i had my surgery on april 22nd and am scheduled for my first fill on friday. i am hoping he doesn't fill me, i am eating very little...had zero restriction in the beginning, then i started a Water aerobics class and boom! major restriction, i have lost nearly 30 pounds since then so i hope he leaves me alone for now. keep the faith...rely on this community, you will move beyond that plateau for sure

kate

weight.png

Thank you lingling and Bella5425, your kind words are appreciated. I am going in for my second fill on Wed and hoping that will get me closer to this elusive sweet spot. Crossing my fingers=) Hope you all are doing well.