Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Verizon Cell In Mexico

I wanted to pass this information on for those going to Mexico for surgery and using Verizon cell phones. You can change your plan to an international Mexico plan and it covers all roaming and long distance while in Mexico. It adds about $15.00 per month to your bill but you can have it changed effective the day you arrive in Mexico and change it back to your regular plan the day you return therefor only paying about an extra $2.50 to $3.00. This would be about 3 minutes on the international .99 cent per ment plan that they also offer.

I wanted to pass this information on for those going to Mexico for surgery and using Verizon cell phones. You can change your plan to an international Mexico plan and it covers all roaming and long distance while in Mexico. It adds about $15.00 per month to your bill but you can have it changed effective the day you arrive in Mexico and change it back to your regular plan the day you return therefor only paying about an extra $2.50 to $3.00. This would be about 3 minutes on the international .99 cent per ment plan that they also offer.

I have Verizon and when I called about a plan, they said they had nothing available -- this was in December -- is it something new they've come out with or did I just get someone who didn't have a clue? They also didn't mention roaming charges to me (which I should have thought about, but didn't) so I had a rather nice size bill and it was just from texting - which was ten cents to receive and 25 cents to send ... I'll definitely be checking into the plan -- thanks for the head's up.

I have Verizon and when I called about a plan, they said they had nothing available -- this was in December -- is it something new they've come out with or did I just get someone who didn't have a clue? They also didn't mention roaming charges to me (which I should have thought about, but didn't) so I had a rather nice size bill and it was just from texting - which was ten cents to receive and 25 cents to send ... I'll definitely be checking into the plan -- thanks for the head's up.

I believe you spoke to someone who didn't have a clue as the person I spoke to kept telling me the same thing. I had already looked it up on the net so she asked a supervisor on lo and behold they do have an international plan for Mexico. I will pm you with my cell number as the rep told me if she had a cell number to reference it would make it easier to research the plan.

The only plan they offered me was $60+ for the month (for my Blackberry though- this was supposed to include email) but it didn't work for 3 out of the 5 days I was there- I called when I got back home and they did give me a partial refund.

I will be testing mine as soon as I get there. If it doesn't work I have my laptop to contact them and make sure they get it right. I am a communications junkie and MUST have contact with the outside world....lol

Jagator thanks so much!!! I have Verizon and was wondering about that! I will be calling them later today.

Okay...so I just got off the phone with Verizon and if you live on the west coast they actually have a promotion where if you add the mexico calling plan for one month, they actually will give you a $15 credit and set it to automatically cancel the plan after that month. Therefore you end up getting it for free for that month! Plus you get the extra minutes and free calling while in Mexico! Jagator I love you right now! Hope others can take advantage of this also!

Okay...so I just got off the phone with Verizon and if you live on the west coast they actually have a promotion where if you add the Mexico calling plan for one month, they actually will give you a $15 credit and set it to automatically cancel the plan after that month. Therefore you end up getting it for free for that month! Plus you get the extra minutes and free calling while in Mexico! Jagator I love you right now! Hope others can take advantage of this also!

Ahhhhh...I love you too right now...lol. Glad to be of service.

My sister just called and got her's switched also for the trip, it took her calling back 3 times to finally find someone who knew what she was talking about. So if any of you are calling about it and they tell you that is not how it works just keep calling back! I believe it is called the Nationwide+Mexico Family Share Plan. At least that's what the Verizon lady called it. Best of luck to all looking for it!