Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah, this process of getting used to how much is a learning experience. I had bisque today too at a restaurant. I ordered a bowl. I guess I figured it was liquid and would go right through, which I suppose it the deal with liquids. But since it's pretty thick, I think it filled the pouch and only SLOWLY moved through. I was very full for quite a while. I ate it at 1PM and now it's nearly 9PM and I STILL feel full.

I'm just going to have to start with a very small amount and realize that the fullness still has a bit of a delay. I can always have more later, but if I overeat, then that's not good.

I think 2-4 ounce sounds about right.

I move onto soft foods on Friday. My first fill is schedule for July 8th.

3/4 a cup is a lot - I don't think I could eat that much with out filling like )(*&^&%

I only eat about 1/4 - 1/3 cup at a meal. I feel full for quite a while. I will get my first fill on the 25th - tell me how it is - I am terrified of needles!

Munger you will get your fill before I get mine. I am also TERRIFIED of needles. My first fill was schedule for 6/16/09, but I am flying a few days later. I was rescheduled for 6/30/09.

What kinds of foods are you eating now? I was put on soft foods today. I had 1/4 cups of refried Beans around 10:45 this morning. I am still full. I must remember to measure everything from now on. I do not want to overeat again.

Munger you will get your fill before I get mine. I am also TERRIFIED of needles. My first fill was schedule for 6/16/09, but I am flying a few days later. I was rescheduled for 6/30/09.

What kinds of foods are you eating now? I was put on soft foods today. I had 1/4 cups of refried Beans around 10:45 this morning. I am still full. I must remember to measure everything from now on. I do not want to overeat again.

I was banded the same day as you and need to fly at the end of June as well. As a result, I am going to hold off on my fill as well. Right now, I don't have the need for a fill, but I sure that will change soon. Are you feeling back to normal yet? I know you had a rough go of it. I was banded on Thursday and went back to work on Monday . . . I still wasn't feeling great at all but I made it through. I was very sick over that weekend. Looking back, it was gas. The pain was horrible, but I feel great now. I started on pureed foods a day and a half early. I did the Clear Liquids and Protein liquids for just about two weeks but was dying to chew something. Last night I had two scrambled eggs. That was probably too much to eat, but I'm okay now and will measure my food today. Can't wait to eat normal foods again!

I was banded the same day as you and need to fly at the end of June as well. As a result, I am going to hold off on my fill as well. Right now, I don't have the need for a fill, but I sure that will change soon. Are you feeling back to normal yet? I know you had a rough go of it. I was banded on Thursday and went back to work on Monday . . . I still wasn't feeling great at all but I made it through. I was very sick over that weekend. Looking back, it was gas. The pain was horrible, but I feel great now. I started on pureed foods a day and a half early. I did the clear liquids and Protein liquids for just about two weeks but was dying to chew something. Last night I had two scrambled eggs. That was probably too much to eat, but I'm okay now and will measure my food today. Can't wait to eat normal foods again!

Hi Mara. I feel great. Thanks for asking. I called my doctor a day before I was suppose to start soft foods and asked If I could start a day early. I was given the ok. Last night I had pan cooked fish. I just knew I would go to my old ways and overeat, but surprisingly I did not. I took small bites and chewed, chewed, chewed. I am naturally a slow eater. By the time 20 minutes went by I was satisfied and only had 4-5 ozs of fish. This band is the "magic wand" I have been seeking for a long time. I am still not hungry. This will be really easy to do. So far, so good. My only concern is over getting the fills. I'm afraid of needles and I am afraid of food getting stuck. No one has posted that stuck food gives the choking sensation. I don't want to experience that. I pray that I only need 1 or 2 fills.

I haven't started exercising yet. I know once I start the weight will just fall off.

I'm glad you are feeling well. That gas pain is really scary.

Hi Mara. I feel great. Thanks for asking. I called my doctor a day before I was suppose to start soft foods and asked If I could start a day early. I was given the ok. Last night I had pan cooked fish. I just knew I would go to my old ways and overeat, but surprisingly I did not. I took small bites and chewed, chewed, chewed. I am naturally a slow eater. By the time 20 minutes went by I was satisfied and only had 4-5 ozs of fish. This band is the "magic wand" I have been seeking for a long time. I am still not hungry. This will be really easy to do. So far, so good. My only concern is over getting the fills. I'm afraid of needles and I am afraid of food getting stuck. No one has posted that stuck food gives the choking sensation. I don't want to experience that. I pray that I only need 1 or 2 fills.

I haven't started exercising yet. I know once I start the weight will just fall off.

I'm glad you are feeling well. That gas pain is really scary.

Since we were banded the same day and have the same BMI stats, I was curious how much you think you've lost so far . . .

I have lost 12lbs so far.

I am suppose to be on "real" food - but I still have shakes for Breakfast and lunch. I try to eat a very tiny regular meal at dinner. I bought a couple of very nice - very small plates that have sections in them. I do not have to measure I simply put a small portion of meat, veggies and sour cream or cottage cheese in the three sections = about 1/4 - 1/3 cup. I haven't finishe a full plate yet. I agree I do not want to over eat ever again!

Well last night I started the mushies stage and for dinner had some diced turkey and 'smashed' potato (no milk). I find that it goes down very well.

The swelling in my stomach from the Band being sutured onto it is starting to go down, so the opening is widening.

Soon there will be hardly any restriction until I get a first fill and I have to be VERY careful not to overeat and see how much I can 'pack away in there' w/o it coming back up...dread the thought!

As I type I am having a breakfast of peppered scrambled eggs with some diced turkey and it is delicious after broth and glucerna shakes and popsicles for 14 days.

I think this stage is going to be the toughest because of the lack of restriction (pre-first fill) and the temptation to eat everything .

I am counting my grams of Protein and aiming for 60 grams a day and also staying between 1000-1200 calories.

I got them at a flee market!

I do not have any problem eating small amounts of food - I simly am not hungry. My main concern is that I drink too much - I know liquids are suppose to go through quickly - but will it affect the size of the pouch if I drink regular drinks instead of sips?

Last night I made tuna cassarol - I fixed it like normal and then put a small scoop of tuna in one corner - then topped the whole thing off with cheese. I ate the corner and it was soooooo good! I love to cook. Tonight I am going to have a stuffed mushroom and about 3 bites of grilled to prerfection T-bone!

I am a horrible cook. Probably the main reason for my obesity...eating out and eating processed foods.

I definitely would have a ball if tasted your home cooking, munger! The sound of the casserole made me drool.

I imagine that my cooking will improve considerably while I count calories, grams of Protein and do all I can to make a meal tastey yet according to my Band's promptings.

I find that already I am eating to nurture my body and being more health conscious rather than getting full and happy as before Banding.

My way of thinking is changing. I used to be in OA 12 step and was not health conscious,but more aware of not overeating. I miss the group meetings, but I find that the online posts and exchange here with fellow Bandsters, especially May Bandsters, has been more beneficial than months of OA . I would love , however, to see a WL surgery branch of OA. But...that is for another forum, I guess. Just my ramblings.

My dr's office has recipes - I think it is some kind of exchange service - I am just trying to cook for my family (two teens and a hubby) so that they get every thing they need and I get every thing I need. I still seem to need the shakes to make sure I get enough protien. I guess in a way I am following the zone - and in the book it has a lot of good meals - high protien moderate carbs.