Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried about post op recovery

So I've read everyone that is on the same day as me or near the things they eat, and my dietician basically just gave me a sheet of what to eat - At the moment I'm on day 12 (banded on the 12th may) and so far I've had Soups (thinned out) but I'm worried because not alot of people seem to be doing that? I know it's totally stupid to think this but oh well, paranoia sucks lol. Last night I had pumpkin Soup that my mum made with some bacon in it, she used a bar mix to blend it up but there were still bits that I could chew, so just worried about that, but the amount worries me more, I had about a cup and a half and then I had pain under my left rib cage. I'm scheduled to call my dietician on tuesday but could I have done any damage because of the swelling and eatings that much? I'm scheduled to go on mushies on wednesday and I'm worried that because it says eat 1/2 cup of mashed/pureed food that I'm going to eat more and damage something.

Please help

Did you chew everything that was able to be chewed really well? The pain may have been because you overate. I would try calling them soonier and make sure everything is ok. I am sure that it is, but hey, better safe than sorry. I am dying for some cream of potatoe Soup.< /p>

I had to do full liquids for close to 4 weeks. I got progressed a little sooner though because my blood sugar went insane. I've had the pain under the rib cage as well even 4 months out if I overeat. My mom and aunt who had gastric bypass have the same thing. I think it's fairly common from what I've read and experienced for pain to happen around that area if you do overeat a little bit. Talk to your surgeon, see what they say, but I wouldn't get too worried about it at this point. Good luck!

Watch how quickly you're eating too. With the thicker Soups, they stay in the pouch longer than the thinned cream soups. If you eat 1 1/2 cups of thick Soup too quickly, then this could be the cause of the pain because the soup hasn't been able to quickly go through the stoma. I suppose it is going to take some time for us newbies to learn what our new stomachs can and can not hold at one time. Feel better!

Thankyou all so much, yes I tried to chew up the bacon bits as much as possible, and after I eat I realise sometimes I still eat a little too quickly so I really need to concentrate on that, today I think I'm just going to stick to Water, apple juice, tea, custard just to be safe. I'm ringing the dietician tomorrow because I start mushies on wednesday and hopefully it will all go well - Also it's good to know that other people that have the different surgeries go through the same kind of thing.