Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh God Ate Too Much Slime, Burping etc.

I ate too much last night, and I was starting to doubt I had a band, god it was so horrible. Chest pain and so much slime and burping. Wanted to vomit but couldn't. Cleared after a while but all my friends who dont know I am banded were like WHAT IS HAPPENING and thought I was just drunk and vomitting hahahah:laugh:

I have not had that happen yet - I was just banded 3 days ago. How long did it take for you to settle down & feel better? Hope you are feeling better.

Oh Lingling! I am so so sorry about that! I almost had an experience while we were on vacation. I had too much to drink on our last night and I was starving. That really dampers your control over how big your bites are, how well you chew etc. Well, my dear friends (and S.O.) very kindly pointed it out. I had an agreement with the S.O. that I wouldn't get any lectures about how or what I ate. So, when they all said something (bunch of nurses!), I heeded their advice and stopped. I'm not sure what would have happened if I had kept on eating. I guess that me and alcohol aren't too good a mix right now. I don't drink a lot any way. But, I have gotten stuff stuck (a little) and it hurts like a big dog. Really makes you not want to do it again...hope you are better now. I always have to learn the hard way on certain things.

Sorry that happened Ling. I had an awful experience with a Hot Dog bun. That getting things stuck isn't fun! Makes me a little sick just thinking about it.

I have to say I'm nervous about this coming weekend. We're going out of town with friends. I know that there will be drinking. I hope to avoid drinking & eating. That was always my downfall before.

This past weekend I drank way too much wine before dinner at a friends house. I ate a piece of pizza, a brownie, and a plate of fettuccine alfredo. Then I decided I wanted more, so I had another plate of alfredo and ANOTHER brownie. I was thinking to myself "how am I able to eat all of this??" I could not believe how much food I could eat because I've been restricting myself and staying between 1200-1400 calories a day. I haven't had a fill yet, but still, that was a lot of food!

I didn't get sick, but the next day my stomach was actually sore and it hurt. It scared me. Luckily everything feels back to normal, but ack. The wine must have numbed the pain.

Drinking + eating is scary. Hopefully the fill will fix it.

i've been experiencing what they call "first bite syndrome." it's awful. after one or two bites of anything i eat, it feels like something is stuck in me, and get goosepimples on my arms, my mouth starts to Water, and it feels like i'm getting stabbed in my back/left side of my body. i have to raise my hands over my head and breathe really deeply for a few minutes until it passes. my doctor told me that try drinking something warm right before you eat to help calm the stomach muscles before eating... weirdness.

i've slimed a total of three times since being banded, and i was seriously about to puke one of the three times but stopped it. puking is NOT fun...i feel bad for those who end up puking. a friend of mine who's banded throws up at least once a day. it's scary!!

Ok well, I had my first REAL PB and throw up last night. It hurt so darn bad!!!! I knew exactly what I did and why it happened. I was starving. The food tasted so good, I was taking too big a bite. It stuck, I tried to wash it down with Water and all of a sudden, I starting salivating like a dog! I don't think that was sliming because it was definately just saliva. I took off for the bathroom, threw up the water and then the offending too large bite. No nausea but instant relief when I got it up. The pain was horrific! I waited a little while and then started again (you can't keep me from food too long) and ate slowly and with small bites. I stopped before I even thought I might be full and got the rest to go...I guess my lesson was learned for the time being and I'm sure I will do it again...but MAN, what an experience! If I hadn't been warned about it, I would have thought I was having a heart attack! YIKES! God! Please help me not to do that again!!!!!!!

i have "first bite syndrome," so after the first two-three bites i take, it feels like i'm being stabbed in my side and upper back. i have to wait for it to pass, then i can continue eating with no problems.

lately, however, i've just lost the urge to eat at all. yesterday i had six pieces of sushi and that was because my aunt forced me to eat something. i don't even feel hungry ever. has anyone else been feeling this way? like they just don't even want to eat?

Hey jukebox, sorry it took so long to respond. I dont' understand first bite syndrome. I just know that some days I can eat what I want and then some days, I take two bites and I hurt so bad that I wonder if I'm having a heart attack. It happened again this morning (although it can happen at lunch or dinner too). I've tried paying attention to when I eat and how hungry I am to be sure I'm not eating too fast. I am guilty of that and of taking too big a bite, but it's so strange that it doesn't happen every time I eat. Some mornings, I can eat anything. Some evenings, I just give up and stop eating.

I can see how you wouldn't want to eat cause this is a strong deterrant. However, I seem to just be sliding into a depression and now I find myself stress eating...I don't want to weigh on Friday...:thumbup: I do feel hunger, but I have A LOT of head hunger that makes me feel insane...

My band is to tight that I've been puking 2 to 3 times a day...its horrible! nothing stays down except liquids and chips...and its embarrassing running to the bathroom all the time. esp. b/c people do not know I'm banded...going on Monday or Tuesday to get an "unfill" I can't believe how uncomfortable I feel these days, I am regretting the band right about now.

:biggrin: Morning Sounds like the band is working. I have found that if I really get stuck for me if I force a cough everything will come up. Then I feel better. It takes time and a lot of slime to learn what works for you. I know if I'm really hungry I try to stay liquid. I tend to take to big of bites and don't chew well enough when starving and tend to get stuck. I know it is painful and really scary but it will pass. Don't drink anything or you will hurt more. It doesn't help. The slim is so gross.

i have "first bite syndrome," so after the first two-three bites i take, it feels like i'm being stabbed in my side and upper back. i have to wait for it to pass, then i can continue eating with no problems.

lately, however, i've just lost the urge to eat at all. yesterday i had six pieces of sushi and that was because my aunt forced me to eat something. i don't even feel hungry ever. has anyone else been feeling this way? like they just don't even want to eat?

Hi Jukebox,

Could you explain what causes "first bite syndrome." Is it because your band is too tight?

Thanks.

I some times have had the first bite or in my case third bite. The doc says what I'm eating is to much bulk. More chewing and smaller bites. Yea I tried that. Not... I don't think it is because you are to tight. It would happen all the time. i can make it happen with meat, boiled eggs, bread. You have to learn and adjust. you want restriction. I can not I mean not eat raw apples. No mater what I will get stuck. Watermelon sometimes will also. It is a learning tool. Use it.

I have had a few episodes. Basically it is my own fault for either not chewing too much or eating too fast. I pray and hope that it doesn't happen too often.

I have recently experienced these horrible feelings and I know it was COMPLETELY my fault but WOW!! I read all of your post and thought I must be lucky but then I forgot about chewing and slowing down on my intake and bam!! Very painful but I think it is a good thing. It is an alarm to tell me to slow down and pay attention to the tool that I have.

Hope you all have a great week! Here's to chewing and eating slowly . . .

:(