Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 27th, anyone?

Oh, I'm sorry to hear you're all feeling poorly! The pp is right -- time will heal. I had a horror story of pain after my surgery and I didn't post right away either, but I lived through it. If you can, take as much time off from work as possible. I took 10 days, and I wished I had another week to take. I was so wiped out that first week back. Rest as much as possible, get as many fluids in you as possible b/c you're at risk for dehydration right now, and do not hesitate to call your doctor!

We're here for you! We wish you all the best!!! :party:

Hey everyone. I was banded on May 27th. So far, I have had a good experience. My Dr. required me spend 1 night in the Hospital. Pre-op the Dr. Had me on a two week HMR shake diet. Since surgery I've done well on my liquid diet. Starting to get a little tired of the cream Soups. I had a fat free yogurt. It's staying down, so I think I'm doing good. Didn't have alot of pain, except where my port is. I finally got to sleep on my side night before last. So I'm a happy camper right now.

kbritt,

glad to hear you're doing well! congrats on your successful recovery! :confused:

Congratulations, kbritt, on your successful surgery and a smooth recovery! :confused: Here's to more good days ahead! :)

so I have a question for my fellow May 27th peps. What are y'all eating now?

Hi,

I was on a clear liquid diet after my May 27th surgery until today. I am now on mushies and boy does it taste good. Going real slow. Had 1/4 cup of tuna for lunch with some low fat mayo, and did well. I had one scrambled egg with 1/2 cup of yougart and for a snack had a cup of homemade Tomato Soup. So far, so good.

What is everyone else eating?

Once again, I just have to take the hard road. Had to go back in hosp. for 2 days. I dehydrated from either Cdif or IBS. They don't know which because they started treating me with antibiotics right away.

Since I am allergic to everything they tried an antibiotic family they thought would be ok. Guess what now I'm one big rash.

However, the good news is I got to start soft food early.

The better news is that I am down 11 lbs as of today.

I do so appreciate everyones input.

Keep the end result in sight.

Hi kbritt - I was banded on the 27th too. My DR ordered only Water and ice chips the day of surgery. Then Day 2-14 are full liquids - sugar free popsicles, Jello, broth, strained Soups, Protein Drinks, etc. I see my DR on Monday and I'm hoping he moves me to the 2-4 week diet which will be the mushies. After 4 weeks it's back to full solids. I haven't had any problems with recovery, eating, drinking so feel very blessed that this went so well. I'm so sorry for all those that had a rougher time. The only negative experience I've had so far was about 5 nights of not being able to sleep on my left side. But it feels much better now!

Rebecca - I'm so sorry that you are having such a rough road. Hang in there and congrats on the 11 pounds down!

Thanks for the replies. I'm still on liquids. 4 more days, then I get to go to mushies. (Looking forward to that!) I am so sorry to all of you who have had a tough time. I also could not sleep on my side for about 5 days, and I'm not really a back sleeper. But now, doing good! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is progressing well. I think I am finally back on track. Just a little tired. Had to move 88 yr old Dad to his new place this weekend. I am getting stronger everyday.

I started feeling better as soon as I was able to eat real food (mushies of course).

All of the side effects are subsiding and I feel almost human. haha.

Hang in there everyone. I do so appreciate talking to everyone.

I had my first post-op checkup today. I'm 12 days post-op and got the OK to start the mushies. It was so nice to chew again! I have the realize band and without any fills have no restricition so I'm going to have to be very careful over the next 3 weeks until my first fill. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Hey all my fellow May 27th banders. How is everyone doing? this past week, my weight loss has been slower. I've started mushie's YAY! also started walking again.