Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fanny Moves to Phase Two

ROFL!! As always, Jachut, you make perfect sense and I love the way you tell it like it is! Thanks mate. I'm going to keep aiming for my eventual goal of 65 (after the op) and see how happy I feel then.

Fanny, I just went back and read your whole thread and am so happy for you. You are going to be so happy when you are done. I am 4 wks behind you for boobs and arms, then in March my TT and maybe breast augmentation. I will see how the girls look for an older woman. They have been having play dates with yours in th Antartic!!!!! If they were any further south they would be tickling my belly button. Wt loss really deflated them!!! Anyway, I am excited for you and glad you updated your thread.

Mimi

Thanks Mimi. I just re-read the thread myself and it's fun to see how the excitement has been building. I also realised that I had forgotten to say that I discussed my boobs further with the doc and he has agreed to put in the implants now. It feels like all the weight that I've lost since our first consult have come off my boobs and the E cups are really baggy now (down to a DD at least, more likely a D). That means that after he does his cutting and dicing, I'd have been left at a C at most and I DON'T like that idea. I figured if I had to go through all the pain and all the cost (especially down time at work, as I'm a contractor and if I don't work, I don't get paid), it would be silly to do that and know in advance that I won't be happy with the results. So he's putting them in and we're aiming to have me back up to a DD to E, only with the girls up where they belong, instead of flapping in the breeze like empty socks when I take my bra off.

Fanny, I am hoping my PS gives me more advice when I see him on 12/22. That is when he will see within a week or so what he is actually going to be working on. The last time I saw him I was about 23 pounds heavier and when all those pounds left they left me with deflated socks, too. I am glad your PS is going to do you all at once, for health and economic reasons. I wish I could make up my mind on the implants....I don't mind being an A+ or a B but I don't want flat boobs and there doesn't seem to be a way to predict it ahead of time. One day I think yes get implants, next day not. I am glad you will get what you want......and SOON!!!!!!

Mimi

Good luck Fanny!

Yah Fanny, it's al;most time to cross over to the flatlands!! hehehe Your ging to be amazed at your body with everything cut and removed. and the girls back in the correct country!! :-) I had a small lift and implants at the same time, so glad I did it all at once....

How exciting this is for you. :-)

Will you be staying in the hospital a few days?

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'll be in hospital for 7 days - apparently with all the extra work, it's going to be a pretty severe trauma and recovery will take a while. Oh well - "we must suffer to be beautiful" as my mother (and Hans Christian Andersen) would say...

Fanny:

We'll all be thinking of you. Best wishes to you for your upcoming surgery and recovery. Remember, there's a reason why they say to rest, rest, and rest. You'll heal better and recovery quicker.

I love my band and my new flat tummy!

Sue

Fanny,

I'm having the same argument about my weight with the lb dr - Dr Bowater. He thought that at a BMI of 23, I was too skinny. But my band is loose now and I can eat just about anything, and I'm struggling to not gain, but he won't fill me anymore because I'm still technically within a normal BMI range (which he thinks is too low).

But in the meantime, I've gained 2 kgs in 2 months. Not good.

So I have made another appt with him for this arvo, and I'm going to crack it with him if he doesn't give me a fill. Hell, I've got a band, let me use it FFS.

As for your surgery, you're going to love the new bod, hun, I know you will! I still can't believe that I can see my hip bones, my ribs, my feet! And with implants, you're going to be smokin'! I wish I'd gotten some, but my DH reckons he's happy with my boobs still, so I guess I can't complain.

Not long now!

LOL! Yes, it was Dr Bowater that made the comment about the BMI range, not Stephen Watson. I've had a couple of run-ins with him already over various things - don't like him! I'm kind of pissed off that Watson has handed over the "mundane" task of fills and general visits to other doctors in his practice. I saw a woman there once, who was pretty good, but each time I get Bowater, I come out really angry at him.

I'm just going to ignore him and go with what Dr Allbrook (plastic surgeon, for our other readers) has said and he agrees that I'm a little off goal still but will reach it after the surgery settles in.

I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps, Lellow, and lose the last little bit after surgery and hope that the skin doesn't loosen up too much with it. You mentioned once that doing it that way actually helped make it more comfortable for you - cross fingers that happens for me too.

Fanny! I'm scheduled Monday too for a lower body lift, breast lift, and arm lift. An added bonus is my surgical team's also doing a "flank plasty" that will connect my arm lift to my breast lift and REMOVE the bra rolls. For good. Flappy side boobs, back rolls, bye bye!! I am so freaking excited for BOTH of us. Are you going to post pics?

On my way to the hospital. Will check in with you guys in a couple of days...

Good luck to you too, Kate!

Edited by Fanny Adams