Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fanny Moves to Phase Two

Congratulations Fanny! It is good to hear that your pain is minimal. It must be very exciting to have a flat tummy and new boobs. I am very, very jealous.:eek:

Fanny, Congratulations . . . it sounds like you are doing wonderful. I can't wait to see a couple of pictures once you are feeling up to it. :0)

Well I'm home now and settling in to bed. My honey is running around organising things for me and I have all the mod cons within reach. He's being a bit odd though, and I don't know if it is just that I am being overly sensitive and emotional because of the operation or if he is covering up his fears and concerns by being gruff. It's starting to upset me a little though :rolleyes2:

Some examples:

He asked if my phone was within reach and I said "no, it's still in my handbag". So he found my handbag and put it at the foot of the bed. When I asked if he could please move it up to where I could reach it, I get the eyeroll look and the distinct impression that I'm being "demanding".

It's his step-father's 80th birthday today and the family is having lunch out at a restaurant, so he needed to get me home from the hospital and settled in time to go to the lunch. I'm all settled in, there's plenty of time so he's not running late, when he came to me to ask "So have you thought about what you want to do for lunch while I'm out?" Well no I haven't... I have only just gotten home, I don't know what's available and I'm now all nicely settled in bed and I would have thought that YOU would have thought about this for me at some stage during the past week! I know I would have had it planned and organised had the roles been reversed. (I only said the "No, I haven't" bit out loud.) So he made me some cheese and crackers and a cup of coffee, which was lovely and he didn't seem to mind making them, but seemed resentful that I hadn't gotten it sorted out before.

It's weird... he is flipping from being sweet and lovely and looking after me, to really giving the impression that I'm an inconvenience. Do you think this is just me being silly?

Edited by Fanny Adams

Hi fanny, glad you're home at last. Sounds like hubby is not used to being needed in such a basic care way. Of course he loves you and probably reacts first to not being able to "get it tight without being told" with bravado. Give him patience. The best thing I can suggest is to try to train him on the job. Tell him what to expect in the next few weeks, give him a list of food you would need, warn him YOU will be emotional because of the anesthesia and general trauma to your body. That way he is more comfortable and in control and not likely feeling terrified and inept as he might, but would never admit. We look a fright right now. Praps he is feeling nervous, anyway lots of praise for his patience and thoughtfulness.

Just my take on it, hope it helps some. Praising my caretaker (ie mom) has helped me a lot and she is a professionnal nurse. She was very impatient with me years ago while I was down from back surgery. So far I keep my complaining to a minimum and work hard at being a willing patient...changing my own drains, keeping my med schedule, getting in and outbid bed. Even planning showers I say what I need and how it will go. She seems happier following clear instructions rather than having to think for me. Mebbe that is similar to your husbands reaction to food planning. Give him a list :rolleyes2:

I've uploaded some pictures to a Private Album, so I think you need to be on my Contact list to view them. PM me if you want to look. I warn you though, they're not pretty!! My back is a real mess - the surgeon believes in pulling the dressings so tight that they tear the skin and create a whole bunch of abrasions :rolleyes2:. Apparently this holds the scar itself so flat that it doesn't pucker up and go lumpy and he says it is a small price to pay for the long term benefit. I'm prepared to pay the price but the nurses at the hospital were shocked and took a bunch of photos - it looks pretty nasty back there with Patches of skin ripped off and oozing :w00t:. Oh well, they are surface wounds and they'll heal cleanly and if they mean the scars will look better long term, I can put up with it...

Don't focus on those - check out the before and after of my boobs! They were so revolting before - drooping down almost to my belly button UGH! And they're all perky and full now :w00t: YAY! I love my boobs!

WTG Fanny!! It will turn out great for you. I'm so scared to go down that road, but it's necessary - I know that.

Hope you heal up fast!

Fanny, I just looked at your pics. Everything looks amazing! Did you just have a breast lift or did you get implants too? I am trying to decide on what I want done to my breasts. Yours looks so good. The blisters don't look very comfortable, but those should heal soon. Hopefully everything is still numb so you don't have to feel those. Your belly and bum look great. Your surgeon did a wonderful job. Also, did you have anything done to your thighs? They don't seem to have any sagging skin. I wish my thighs looked like that! Congrats.

Hi mrgrta, I had implants with the boob lift and I'm so glad I made that choice. I was originally a DD-E cup before I got fat and ballooned up to a G-H cup. When I lost the weight, I was back to an E cup but (as you can see from the before pics), it was an "E Long" LOL! I had to roll them up to tuck them into the bra! If I had just gone with the lift, I would have been down to a small C and I haven't been that size since I was 12, so I just couldn't fit that in with my self-identity. The implants have filled me back to an E cup - I may even still fit all my fancy new bras, it's just that they don't flop down to my waist when I take the bra off :thumbup:

I'm thrilled with the results for my thighs, bum and mons too. That's all part of the torso lift - there's been no work specifically on them but everything has been pulled up tight. I think the results are wonderful. At the moment, my waist is still really swollen, so I don't have a good sense yet of what shape I'll be (hoping that I'll have a bit more curve in the waistline than I do right now) but overall, I'm stoked in everything my doc has done - he's a genius!

So it's been a week today since the op and I'm going into the doctor's office to have the dressing changed and get fitted for my compression garment (doing it the old-fashioned way here :willy_nilly:).

What advice can you experienced ladies offer me? What can I expect over the next week? I've been swelling up more and more every day and currently feel like a balloon about to pop. How long will that go on? It should peak soon, shouldn't it? How long before I can stand up straight? My back is killing me with this hunched over position.

Edited by Fanny Adams

Hi Fanny:

I found that I swelled more with more activity. If I took it easy I didn't have a problem. I wore compression garments around the clock for at least the first month. I was more comfortable with them on than with them off when I could take them off for a while.

Good luck with your appointment.

Sue

Hi Fanny,

Sorry about the sweeling, but it happens, Do you still have drains in? I wore my compression garments 24, 7 for about 3 months!! Long time, yes but I wanted to keep everything nice and snug. I actually felt better with the garments on.

Becasue I had an Anchor cut done along with my extended Tummy Tuck, I was hunched over a good 3 weeks. Arrgghhh my back was killing me. Again tho, ALL the pain is worth the HOT body you are going have!! WOHOOOOOOOO

Hi Shalee,

They took 3 of the 4 drains out on the day after the op, with the 4th one coming out the next day. I have an incision that runs 360 degrees around my torso and another that runs up the centre of my belly from pubes to breast bone. The boobs were done with an anchor cut (around the nipples, vertical line down and half circle underneath each boob) that runs a little extra into the armpit to minimise the armpit boobs.

I've had the dressing changed and am generally very pleased with everything but have now noticed that my boobs are quite uneven :thumbup:. One nipple is a good inch higher than the other. I don't know if this is due to uneven swelling and it will all settle down eventually, or if this is just how it's going to be. I've added some boob pics today for those of you who have access.

Has anyone else had this issue with their boob jobs? Was it temporary or permanent?

Fanny:

What did the doctor say about the difference in your boobs? I'm guessing that they are still very swollen. After the swelling goes down if they are still uneven I would think that the surgeon should fix it no charge. Most plastic surgeons are very proud of their work. I'm sure he/she wants a great result.

I hope it's just a swelling thing. Either way, they still look better than mine :thumbup:.

Take care.

Sue