Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hairy! Question

I feel as if my hair is thinning....no surprise, I guess. But, I don't seem to find more hair in my brush nor is it comes out in shower, etc. It just feels thinner and has less body. Besides eating more Protein (which I am doing now since I just started mushies), is there a Vitamin or anything I can take to help this problem?

Wow. That is scary. I am not banded yet, but I am right there with ya with wanting to know how I can keep this at bay. Anybody got some tips?

Hey guys -

At the top this screen and the blue bar in white writing it says "Search". Click on it and type in 'hair loss'. (or anything else you want to research)

I have read about trace minerals and some other things that help prevent this - but I can't recall it all right now.

Try the search feature and read on.

:]

I've not noticed any thinning whatsoever. I'm filled, but for instance today I had half a bagel with cream cheese, thin sliced meat lettuce and onion. Is that a lot for the band?

If I chew good, I can eat like that no problem - how is it for everyone else?

Hey margo,

I had the major hair prob. Can get Biotin at Walmart. It seemed to really help - or it just run its course and I was done going bald, either way it is not so scary anymore.

j.s.

I agree that we should search before continuing to ask the same question over and over again but the fact is that I am SCARED of my hair loss and nobody can give me an answer as to why it's happening!!!!!!! It is not a Protein issue. So, what is it??? This can't be right. WHat have other doctors said about it????

I need al lthe help I can get and don't want to have thin hair.

When the problem is happening to you....it's scary and you want to talk about it.

Somebody just give me the answer and I'll shut up about it.

Christine

j.s.

Thanks so much....I just couldn't remember what the name of the vitamin/mineral was!

I "think" my hair is thinning, but I could just need to try a new Shampoo or I could just be paranoid about it thinning. Next time I get my haircut I am going to ask my hairdresser if she thinks it's thinning...

Sorry Christine,

I wasn't trying to tell you not to ask - but sometimes the search function can give you more immediate gratification than waiting for someone to see your thread and answer.

I wish I had more info for you - but I don't.

I have read multiple theories - including trauma from surgery, fat cells breaking down release stored hormones - throwing everything out of kilter - and the ever present Protein.

That's all I know... except that for the most part, people seem to say that it is temporary and it slows and stops eventually.

((((Hugs))))