Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am thinking I made the wrong decision...

Dee Dee,

you poor thing. Iam so sorry you are going through this. I too am having a tough time on the liquids and I keep telling myself that it is just for 5 more days. I want veggies so bad it is killing me. I actually did the chew and spit with some food just to get a feeling like I was eating and not just drinking...

But you really need to get more into you girl. Everyone is right when they say you will feel better if you are getting the nutrition you need.

I was unable to do the Protein Drinks they made me gag...yuck.

But I add Protein Powder to pudding and Soup and carnation instant b Fast.

It does make it better.

Just keep on going and you will be on mushies before you know it.

Feel Better

Amy

I cannot have cream of anything Soup, per dietician. I cannot have sf pudding. I can have carnation instant Breakfast but I don't like it. I am not the typical fat person because I am picky. I eat alot of what I like but I am picky about what I eat. I think that my dietician is not as experienced with Banded patients. They mainly deal with RNY patients. they have only banded about 50 people since April. I go in tommorrow to talk with her and my surgeon. Evryone is like man you lost some weight you look great but I don't feel great. I really think my main problem is that if I don't like the taste or it makes me gag I don't eat it and that's that. I did really well today I had 3 8oz Protein Drinks for a total of 45grams of Protein. My dietician said that I should only drink half at a sitting just 4 oz. I drank the entire thing . I am beginning to think that she is confusing my surgery with the RNY. I will find out 2morrow cause I have alot of questions.

I am beginning to think that she is confusing my surgery with the RNY.

I seriously think this might very well be the issue. Get it straightend out, girl. You know that no one here will encourage you to go against your doc's post-op diet. I'm suspicious enough about what you have been told that I'd come this close () to saying "screw it" and have some cream Soup, blended, and watered down with milk. You shouldn't feel this bad!! You need calories! You don't "dump" like some RNYers, and your digestive tract is entirely intact. You just have to eat liquids right now.

Please let us know what happens. ((((((((HUGS)))))))

Editing: OH! Check out this thread, it might be helpful if you print it out and take it with you.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3995

Sheesh, good luck with getting that straightened out. My dietician was quite relaxed in the early stages, stressing that now was the time for healing. I was allowed pretty much anything that could be vitamized and didn't have to worry about my Protein intake until on full solids.

It will get better though. How much longer til mushies?

Well I know just where your coming from, but now I am at the point that I wish I had those restrictions again the weight really falls off during this time. You can do it hang in there. In two weeks this will be a dream that you have forgotten. Enjoy the weight loss while you can because it will slow down.

Dee Dee,

Hang in there! I think what you said abt your dietitician confusing you with RNY may well be true...in my own experience, I never heard restriction of no cream etc, etc. As long as they are mushies (when you are at mushies state) or liquid (when you're at liquid state) you're good (regardless of ingredients). I was even told that I could have ice creams! And as long as you take it in slowly and small amounts. And you're so right about your body craving for things that it needs..I think you should just blend things your body wants to the right consistency. I resisted for so long that finally on my fifth and sixth week so two weeks before I got my first fill - I was eating solid food (chew well and slowly of course). I could not stop eating and I consumed whatever was in front of me...so pls listen to your body. I personally did not have great experience w the nutritionist I was assigned to also - so I just listened to my doctor the important things and modify things as long as they fall into the description of things that matter....

Good luck and keep us posted...

I am at the same stage you are I am starving. My surgery is monday. My gluclose levels is dropping so low. My dietitian had to add in Jello, low fat pudding, but it isn't helping that much. I have headaches all the time, feeling grumpy, and weak. Will this all be worth it.

Thanks you guys for your encouragement. I am feeling better now that I am on the mushies stage. I am still in ketosis and although my doc said nothing about chewing sugar free gum that is what I have to do for the as Jack says.."goatbreath" ..hahahahaha. Ketosis produces awful breath. I know it. NOw my excersise challenge is on. I have been given the okay to do aerobics and stuff. The port site still hurts every dang on morning but after I move around I am cool. I figure by X-mas I can at least resemble the " brick house" I want to be. LOL

My dietictian said I could have Tomato Soup and crackers in my liquid stage. Said the crackers would be carbs and would fend off the hunger more. I lived off of Tomato Soup and crackers my first week or 2. I also had a mexican soup with very thin noodles she said would be ok - think it was called Videl? Its all individualized - I healed very quickly and my appetite came back full force before my first fill I had gained 4lbs back even though I was eating 1/2 as much as pre-band - go figure - that's something I'm still having trouble with - I'm eating 1/2 as much but the weight is coming off sooooo slow - it's so discouraging - going to try to some yoga soon on top of walking.