Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hooray...the 50 pound milestone!

Had a weigh-in at my surgeon's office today. I found out that I'm down to 324. That means I'm officially down 48 pounds. Since I was wearing heavy winter clothes, I'm considering that close enough to be celebrating my 50 pound milestone. :cool: I was NEVER able to lose 50 pounds dieting on my own, so this is a major breakthrough for me. :D Now I definitely believe the band will work for me.

The band has been a true God-send for me. I feel like I decided on weight loss surgery at exactly the right time...right around the time when the Lap-Band was being perfected here in the US.

I hate to think that if I had gotten fed up with my weight just a couple years sooner I might have had to live my whole life with a gastric bypass instead. For that matter, I'm lucky that I happened to find a doctor who is very pro-band, and didn't discourage me just because I am not the "ideal" band candidate.

Most docs would say that someone like me (a "super morbidly obese" person who also has a sweet tooth) should just get the gastric bypass. I KNEW that I didn't want something as drastic and irreversible as the gastric bypass, so I HAD to give the band a chance. I'm sure glad that I did!

I hope to lose a lot more weight - and I fully expect to lose more! - but even if I just stay at my current weight loss, this band would be well worth it.

During the early months I was discouraged because it seemed like everyone else was losing weight faster than I was. But now things are going so well.

If all continues to go well, a few months from now I will be saying goodbye to the 300s forever. :D HOORAY FOR THE BAND!

CONGRATULATIONS :cool: That was fifty pounds in about five months right, since you got the band in May? You are making incredible progress! Reading your post actually re-enforced my confidence in having chosen the band. Sometimes I get down about how slowly I'm losing weight, and I think to myself..."I should have done something more drastic, I'm not losing fast enough!" But you're right, the band is well worth it, because it promotes slow but steady weight loss. We truly are the lucky ones - us bandsters - that we just happened to stumble upon something that offers us a second chance (or sixty seventh chance!) at weight loss, and to know that we WILL succeed this time! Keep us up-dated on your progress Quakergirl. YOu're doing awesome :D

~Amber~

I'm so glad to hear that you hit your first milestone. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, and I hope that for the first time in a long time I'll be under 300 lbs! I'm not even six weeks out of surgery yet, but I feel great and I'm still losing weight so I'm happy! I'm one of the lucky ones that has weight loss pre fill.

Lets all join Quakergirl in a happy dance!!!

Wish u continued luck hope to join you soon in th -50 club!

Hey Quakergirl,

Congratulations on your success! Fifty pounds is phenomenal and is half way to the Century Club!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Babs in TX

334/274/180

6/23/03

Please add my congratulations to everyone else's! This is a fantastic loss and you're well on your way now!

I can't wait until I join you!

Cheers,

Sarah:cool: