Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

stalling already?

im about 5.5 weeks post op and Ive already started to stall.... Im sitting around a 2-3lb gain or loss on any given day. Today Im up 2 lbs whereas yesterday I swear I was down 2..... Im staying within calories and staying active. Im starting to get that frustration thing back. Is this a normal for this time frame? I hate being the worrier or whiner.... I just cant seem to get past the 22-24lb range. I know its not going to drop off or melt away like with gastric, but I did expect to lose at least a couple of pounds each week..... is this what they mean by bandster hell?? I always thought it was just being super hungry until you get your first fill.... Im not hungry or anything like that so I guess thats nice... but this lack of weight loss is making me unhappy

Oh Yes...this is part of Bandster Hell.

You have to remember, your body is still healing, they say that until you get your first fill you shouldn't be focused on weightloss. And lucky for us ladies our weight can fluctuate as much as 8lbs from day to day.

My best advice to you would be to put the scales in the closet for a few days and just focus on wise food choices and moving your butt.

If you are following the rules and making positive changes in your life the scales will follow.....don't beat yourself up right now. And sadly some of us just lose slower then others.

You keep doing what you are doing and you will see results, I have no doubt about it!! Happy Shrinking!!!

~Monica

Monica thank you so much for your words of encouragement.... I know in my head that youre right... its just hard dealing with the emotional aspect to it... I guess its not just my body and the physical part thats healing.... its also the mental and emotional side to me as well that needs to heal and adjust....

Trust me I know EXACTLY how you are feeling. I was stepping on the scale at least once EVERY DAY and then getting more and more discouraged when it was going nowhere.

I had my first fill May 1, and I decided not to get ont he scale again until my birthday with just happens to be tomorrow. I'm hoping that the scales will get me at least a little present.

And believe me I know how hard it is not to jump on that scale....every time I walk into the bathroom I want to step on it, but I'm down to one more day and I figure I've come this far and can hold out for 1 more day.

I swear I think sometimes our own minds are our biggest enemy in the war on our weight. You are doing a fabulous job just keep doing what you are doing and you ARE GOING TO SEE RESULTS!!!

Always keep in mind that - especially as women - you will retain Water and some days you may be up a few pounds and then down. That's why you should never way every day. At most once a week - once every two weeks is even better. The best thing to do is measure yourself and watch the inches instead of the scale. Even if the scale isn't moving you could still be losing inches.

i decided long ago to only weigh in when i visit my doctor. i mean, i'm someone who would weigh herself like twice a friggin day. it's not healthy! women especially have fluctuating weight on a daily basis--Water retention, menstral bloating, clothing/accessories, etc. another thing i try to keep in mind is that it took me 26 years to get as big as i did. i can't take 26 years of careless eating and lack of exercise off of my body quickly. it's going to take time. and at the rate i've set for myself...31 pounds in 31 days...aka a pound a day...is not bad considering most people lose about a pound or two a week. :))

WE WILL DO THIS!! Slowly but surely...WE WILL DO THIS!!