Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories!

Love the falling down shorts story!! Thanks for sharing, made me chuckle.

This thread is so inspiring, i have surgery on 06/01/09 and i can't wait to hav an NSV moment! Thanks

I think this qualifies. We've been massively ignoring the weed eating when mowing hte lawn I cna push the mower all over the yard and that's been getting easier but today while my otherhalf was mowing the yard I grabbed the weedeater and got it started, hasn't been used this year and maybe last year. Anyway I was able to do our entire fence and all around the house last time I pickedup the thing i could barley hold it for more than a few minutes.

That counts for sure JT! Speaking of weeding I'm still sore and feel like I did 2,000 squats after picking all the weeds out of my garden. But like you I wasn't able to do near this much last year. It's progress!

First NSV this weekend...FINALLY (35 pounds and no one had noticed!). My next door neighbor whom I haven't seen this winter noticed as we were out working in the yard (called me skinny...not!). Details if you want them from my blog HERE.

I am down from a 16 Levis to a 14 and I dont even have to do the crazy-jeans-dance to get them on!I have a lot of sizes to go through before I will have to leave my own closet to shop!!

I have a few, but I'll just share this one. I put my bras on the first prongs instead of the last ones! AND... I no longer have side boobage trying to pop out of the bras. Soon I'll have to get smaller bras.

I've been kind of disappointed at my results he las few weeks one week no weight lost the next 1 pound then none then 1.....I'm not blaming the band it's all on me. I've been eating less than I used to but probably more than I should but my meals just are sticking with me then in the evening I've munched a little bit making my funk worse.

Well this week I got 3 compliments on my weight loss 2 were from people in my building on another floor that had been on vacation. But today was someone that I worked for many years ago arond 1997 we occcasionally saw each other over the years and both come to Louisville 3 years ago when our comany was bought. She and I hadn't workedin the same building since we moved down here. A couple months ago my group started rotating a person every Thursday to the building she works at beasue we support people over there.

Sorry about all the background here is the point. I saw her just a few weeks ago but today when I went to her desk to visit a bit we were chatting along she suddenly stopped loked at my stomach and face got a look on her face and commented "Your losing weight!!!!"

So I guess I should take those as reminders that I'm doing fine it's a process and next year when I go see my EX in LA I will look diferent...lol

Oh also had issues with a user and one of my apps today and I resisted twice stopping at Wendy's fr a Frosty (junior of course)

My old scale lied and maked me discouraged. We just didn't get along and so I put him in a yard sale and was happy with the dollar I got for him. I'm sure he is spitting out more lies to his new owner ... but as least he isn't pissing me off anymore! :)

Edited by jvinciguerra1

i just took my belt and put in another hole w/a knife in the kitchen. it was pretty funny but my belt was too big so i went ahead and measured the space between holes and added another the right spacing away, i can now fasten it and the leftover is long enough to tuck under the belt loop ON THE OTHER SIDE!

Last week while doing laundry, I re-discovered some clothes in the back of my closet that haven't (or never did) fit for a long time. So, I took them out to see how close they were to fitting now.

One of them was a beautiful 2-piece suit that I bought on sale in August 2007. I didn't try it on in the store, because it was "my size" - 22W...lol. Well, I got it home and it didn't fit. I never tried it again, cuz I knew it wouldn't fit...I had gained weight over the next year and a half and moved onto 24W.

Well, last week the 22W fit me and I wore it to work the next day. I had a ton of compliments, and my boss told me that I'd better get a little bit of use from it, as she thought it looked a little bit too big for me now. :biggrin: So, I guess I am officially comfortable in 22's now. On to the 20's!!!

excellent !

I bought new bras today. I had the salesgirl measure me and I was a 44DD! Yay. So much better then the 46DDD that I used to squish my boobs into because it was the biggest size I could find. If I go down 4 more inches on the band I'll be able to shop at Victoria's Secret.

I also comfortably wore a pair of jeans today that I haven't been able to wear since I started vet school. I couldn't even pull them up a few months ago. They're 24s, down from the 28s I was wearing. Although I did get some other pants in 24s a few weeks ago so that's not so much of a surprise. Next stop--22s.

Congrats to you, I had my son bring me a couple baskets of clothes I sent to the basement a few years back and found that I could wear most of them now! That is such a good feeling!

NSV to report, yay!! I went to exchange dress pants that I bought months ago they were way too big when I tried them on this weekend. I was already excited about them being so baggy. Imagine how THRILLED I was when I found that I needed two sizes smaller!! I was so happy.