Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

33 hoping to be banded

Hello all it was suggested to me to join ya'll on this thread, I am 33 yrs old married 2 kids and I live in GA and I just started the procedure to be banded with Dr.Hobson in Atlanta. I look forward to sharing our journeys with each other and learning all I can from the one who are already banded..:thumbup:

Hi, Welcome. I have started my journey 13 months ago. I am now down 136lbs. So good luck and you will do awesome. :thumbup:

I too am a 33 year old (married 3 kids). My bmi was 35.0, so I just crept in to be eligible for banding. I was banded 3 days ago and am really happy with my decision. I am actually quite active, but have always had a problem with eating too much (not bad foods - my biggest weakness is carbs).

My sister is 5 years older than me and was banded 2 years ago. She had similar stats to me. She has been an inspiration as she looks fantastic now and is nearly at goal. She says it is still hard work, but there is no way she could have achieved the results she did without the band.

I am looking forward to shrinking over the coming year.:blink:

Hi welcome! I am 32 years old and I was banded 4 1/2 months ago and I'm down 53 lbs already. Hope your journey is a great one!

Hello Everyone: I am a 33 year old mother of one daughter. I have a terrific husband and four dogs that make my life crazy. I have contacted my insurance and they do not pay for anything related to weight loss or weight problems. I am going to be a self pay patient and it will take our life savings plus a loan, but I am determined to get on the right track. I went to my Seminar and I have my first appointment on Wednedsay of this week. I pray that this will help me. I am 5'8" tall and weigh 305. My BMI is 45!! I can not beleive I have let myself get to this point. I am really in need of support, so if anyone out there wants to make a good friend and give some support and get some in return, just let me know.

Hi Girls! How are you all?

I'm 32, and a stay-at-home Mum to my three kids - boys aged 6 and 5, and my 2 year old princess. I had my surgery in March, and have lost 18kg all up (about 40lb) - 7kg pre-surgery and 11kg since. The last couple of months have been really slow going for me - I have a leaky band, which has made it really difficult to find my "happy place", and although I often have trouble with my meals, I seem to have no trouble snacking on chips and chocolate! Ugh! But I'm still determined! This may take me a while, but I'll get there!

Wow Selswick you just put a mirror of my life. I am 33yrs old, married, one 14yr old daughter. 3 cats. Started January 1 at 304lbs, 5'8". Had the surgery on May 18, 2009. I now weigh 244lbs. I lost a lot during the preop and the weight loss after surgery hasn't been as great as I thought but I never regret it. I was on several meds, I've been taken off of almost all of them already. Went from a size 28 to currently an 18. Life is very good! It's a long learning process but so worth it!!

I have my surgery scheduled for October 23, 2009. I am so excited. I started at 308 and right now I am down to 286. This is the least I have weighed in a long while. I am really glad that you are doing so well post-op. I have really tried to change my lifestyle. I am still trying to find an exercise program that I like. There has been so many changes in my eating habits, that I have completely forgotten about exercise. I am starting today and I am determined to find something that I like to do and do it!! Keep in touch. You can send me a message to my personal e-mail if you like.:scared2:

I am 30 and hope to be banded in 2010 crossing my fingers. I have Antea Ins and would like to know from other people what I am to look forward too?:)

I think 33 is a great age to get banded :thumbup:

I am 30 and hope to be banded in 2010 crossing my fingers. I have Antea Ins and would like to know from other people what I am to look forward too?:unsure:

hi

i had aetna and it was a smoothe process, fast approval. just make sure you have all of your paperwork in order.

im 32 and have been banded a liitle over 4 months, married 2 kids and down 67 pounds...the most i have ever lost. looking forward to getting to know you all.

:)

How are you holding up these days ?:grouphug: