Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there! I have been "lurking" for a few days. GREAT SITE for support and encouragement! Also seems like a great place to educate yourself on "THE BAND". I am still in the decision stage. Actually I have decided that I definately want to do this but am waiting on my "ANTI-CHARGE" hubby to come around and say we can borrow some money for this. Our insurance will not pay and "if we can't pay cash we don't need it!"

I guess I would be considered a "lightweight" since I have about 75 pounds to lose. I am 5'1" and weigh about 192. I am 42 years old with three children and a husband. (He really is great...he just likes to pay cash). Last fall I began having knee problems and ended up having arthroscopic surgery on my right knee over the summer. I was told that I am looking forward to knee replacement down the road...did I mention I am only 42? YIKES!

I also have hbp and diabetes runs in the family so we MUST get this weight off!

I'll be praying over this and hope this won't take long to get to the point where I will have support for this procedure at home! PRAYER can make great things happen!

MANY BLESSINGS!

Cheri

I'm in Houston and noticed your post on another thread. I too have been on the "fence" about whether or not to spend the money for this procedure. But, in the end I've decided this is the tool for me.

I understand your husband being apprehensive about the loan, but this is something very important for your future health and I hope together you can agree to go forward with this procedure.

Of course I'm still pre-band (sched for 10/10/05) but, you will read over & over on this board about how MUCH better you will feel... I'm guessing high blood pressure may be a thing of your past, and it can't hurt your knees to not bear the extra 75 lbs.

I wish you all the best!

When there is a will there is a way, my husband is like yours he belives in cash...I sold my convertible mustang to have my surgery since my insurance would not cover me.. Now 16 months later 95 lbs light from a size 22 to a 10 I kind of wish I had my convertible to tool around town in :D but honestly I'm glad I did it, the band has been the best thing I have ever done. My goal was to be fit at 40 not fat at 40, Im 39 mother of 3, business owner and almost in the normal BMI range instead of the morbidly obese range. Keep the faith & have hope :(

Welcome! I think this is the best place for support whether you are pre or post band. It was nice to meet you! Good luck!...........Jess

If you are 5"1 and you are 192 your body mass index is 36. If you have health problems,diabetic, high bloodpressure,high hdl these are called co morbities.They may be able to get you approved.I am battling with my insurance company now.

My BMI is 36 also and I am diabetic.

Call your insurace company and ask them if they cover it.The code is 43659.

They may ask for a code for the procedure.

Hope this helps.

ladysplenda

I'll be glad when Insurance Companies just realize that this isn't some silly cosmetic or "snake oil" treatment! I suspected that mine would prefer that I just ignored my hbp and other "co-morbidities". It took almost a year, and we still had to pay almost $5,000 out of pocket. We weren't in a position to do so for several more months of praying and saving. I am so glad that I was finally able to have the surgery, and won't regret money spent on a longer, healthier life. I have some kids and even a grandbaby needing me around. I'm worth the money!!;)

Keep praying for that door to open...

Donna