Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oregondaisy's turn for sleeve surgery

What in the heck happened? I had Tomato Soup for lunch today. It was this Soup I had left over from band surgery that I bought from my dr. so it had 20 grams of Protein in it. It was good. I think I will go there and buy some more. It's not particularly thick. It's pretty much the same consistency of what I have been drinking on clears.

But! It was only 1 cup. 8oz. I was so full I could not drink Water until almost 4:00. I felt like I had eaten turkey dinner and gone back for seconds.

Why is this? I have been drinking 8 oz clears for 10 days now and never felt full like this. Maybe I am finally starting to feel like I have a sleeve.

What in the heck happened? I had Tomato Soup for lunch today. It was this Soup I had left over from band surgery that I bought from my dr. so it had 20 grams of Protein in it. It was good. I think I will go there and buy some more. It's not particularly thick. It's pretty much the same consistency of what I have been drinking on clears.

But! It was only 1 cup. 8oz. I was so full I could not drink Water until almost 4:00. I felt like I had eaten turkey dinner and gone back for seconds.

Why is this? I have been drinking 8 oz clears for 10 days now and never felt full like this. Maybe I am finally starting to feel like I have a sleeve.

If this gives me so much hope that I will get restriction with the sleeve. . .

I wish you much more success.

I don't know why it happens, but I've experienced it.

For the lactose stuff, I had trouble with the shakes and with regular milk but not milk in things or things made from milk (like cheese and yogurt). If you aren't having trouble with your Protein shakes, you are lucky!

I have been drinking muscle milk which is a RTD. It says no lactoce on the container.

Before that, I was mixing unflavored whey prtein into crystal lite. I have also been drinking that soy slender that Elizabeth told us about . it's good.

Everyone has told me diarrhea is normal but it sure is getting old.

I've also been told that once I moved to mushies it wouldn't be as bad but it's no better. It's gotten to where I am afraid to eat because I know it's going to run right through me.

Can any of the more experienced sleeved people tell me how much more of this I can expect? I am eating eggs tuna and chicken salad, and fish all with the same results.

Is there anything else I can do besides take Immodium every evening after I am tired of going to the restroom all day long?

Should I just take it when I get up in the morning?

I've also been told that once I moved to mushies it wouldn't be as bad but it's no better. It's gotten to where I am afraid to eat because I know it's going to run right through me.

Can any of the more experienced sleeved people tell me how much more of this I can expect? I am eating eggs tuna and chicken salad, and fish all with the same results.

Is there anything else I can do besides take Immodium every evening after I am tired of going to the restroom all day long?

I never once experienced it so I can't help you out. I'm sure others will have some suggestions.

This is going to sound very straange so ask your doctor before trying. My son had chronic diarrhea when he was a tot. The doctor had me give him Metamucil 4 times a day. I know this is a laxative but as it was explained to me - It is a bulk forming laxative and will bulk up the diarrhea. It basically creates the same consistency for all BMs.

I am going to call the doctors office tomorrow. I know today is a holiday.

It's not a holiday in Mexico. Call Nina.

I called the office and they said they would have dr.campos call me back. I don't think he will though. I called before and they said the same thing and he never called.

Well I am happy to report that I was wrong this time. Dr. Campos did call me back. He told me to take immodium before meals and that things would return to normal when I am on solids, not mushy.

He said the reason for this is because the stomach is so much smaller, the food is entering the intestines much faster than normal and that is what is causing it to run right through.

Well I am happy to report that I was wrong this time. Dr. Campos did call me back. He told me to take immodium before meals and that things would return to normal when I am on solids, not mushy.

He said the reason for this is because the stomach is so much smaller, the food is entering the intestines much faster than normal and that is what is causing it to run right through.

I'm glad you got a resolution to your problem. That was one issue I did not have to deal with during the liquid or soft phases of the post-op diet.

I'm glad to hear he thinks this will subside soon. And also glad he called you back for your own peace of mind.

So glad he called you back, little miss worry-wart ... and glad to know there is a reason for the problem and a solution with an end in sight. Plus, now if I have the same issue, I'll know what to do about it.

Hopefully you'll begin to feel better soon and so will your bum.

Does anyone know if the dilated esophagus I got from having my band just goes away on it's own? I have been wondering about that.

Dr. Aceves said banded people ended up using our esophagus for a stomach. What stops us being able to do that now that we have the sleeve?