Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this has to be a kind of torture

What a nightmare tht was. Had my second fill yesterday . went ome and ate a small helping of thai curry - not a single problem. This morning had two very moist scrambled eggs when all h-- broke loose. The pain was unbelievable and i was drooling huge amount and wretching and throwing up. Felt faint nast and sick for half and hour as the egg battled its way through. I ate small bits chewed well but still the nightmare happened. First time I have had this happen and i need to finde out what is going on. Tried again tonight( same curry as last night) and the same thing happened it was grim. Can you folks help me shed light on this Thanks:cursing:

This is what people refer to as pbing. It stands for productive burp, but it's really puking.

The drooling is what we call sliming. It's the body's way of trying to produce liquid to make the food go through the band. You need to take itty bitty bites and chew until it's liquid in your mouth. If you do this and it continues to happen, you need a slight unfill.

Thanks for your reply . I think a small unfill is a must as to be honest i am feeling even Fluid going through and it made me so sick it was not funny. I am 55years old and no push over when it comes to pain but it was horrid. I actually felt stressed out all day afterwards. Thanks for your help:blush:

did you do liqiuds for 24-48 after your fill. my doctor has all his patients go on liquids for a da or so afyer the 1st fill. you may be too tight because you are swollen from getting filled. not that you are ncessarily overfilled. try liqids and then ease back to regular foods. :lol:

Actually truth is I have no idea of what to expect after a band fill. I was banded in November and have lost 25kgs so far. I had my first fill in mid december with no problems and truthfully could eat with ease though i always chew well. What should it feel like after a fill that is the correct tightness.I am also surprised at how much i can eat. I have eaten very very well since the banding covering all food groups but no bread/pasta/minimal rice . Lots of fruit and veg and decent helpings of fish /meat.I have not had to nibble and have not been restricted to half a cup of food. Can you folks fill me in a bit about what i need to be doing. thanks

I always start the post op steps after a fill just for a shorter period of time. Liquids for 24 hours then slowly ease onto mushy food like runny scrambled eggs then start working in harder food. I think you need to give the band and your body time to adjust to being tighter. I always find that I feel really tight for a few days then it eases off. Hope you feel better soon.

okay, it's the weekend now so you can't get an unfill easily. Going on liquids for a couple of days is good advice.

I forgot about that. My dr. always has us go on liquids for 24 hours then mushy for 24 hours after a fill.

Scambled eggs and rice are 2 things that give most people trouble once they have restriction. If you want to

try to stick it out, do the liquids (Protein shakes and soup) for 1-2 days then the mushies for a couple of days.

You do sound swollen now if you're having trouble with liquids too.

Call your doctor for sure Monday if liquids are giving you trouble over the weekend.

I am on to Soups and baby Cereal for the next five days. o be honest i would be too scared to eat anything more as it was so unpleasant. I dont even know where i will find the courage to eat something solid for fear of the same thing happening again. The scrambled egg was way soft and runny and the rice was soft in curry. thank goodness i had only eaten the two eggs and a cou-ple of spoonfuls of the rice and currie.

It doesn't seem to matter how scrambled eggs are cooked but they seem to give everyone trouble. rice gets gummed up at the opening of the band where the food goes down into the stomach, causing a plug. It's just like a plug in a drain.

Stay on liquids, runny oatmeal, yogurt, things like that for a few days. See if the swelling is going down. If you still feel like you're having trouble even with those foods, it's time to call the dr.

I think thay because i was able to eat these things after my first fill I assumed it would stay that way. This is a major learnigncurve isnt it. I have no idea what its all meant to feel like. Dont know what is notmal and what is not .Tonight i am going to have some sweet potatoes mashed in chicken gravy and some mashed vegies --- very very slowly and chewed to death - i will see how that goes.:smile2:

What a relief - had my dinner tonight -sweet potato,chicken,sprouts and peas. about a cup ful when chopped up fine. I chewed till my cheeks hurt but it all went down with no further problems. So glad as i hat the fear of trying it all out. I guess its a learning process.:smile2: