Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first fill is scheduled for June 2nd. I've only been eating about 500-650 calories a day. I was supposed to be on liquids and mushies until May 25 per my pre-op paperwork. After my 1 week f/u they said I can eat anything as long as it's completely chewed up and soft. So, I've been on solids, but I'm scared really to eat too much and have been very careful. I have really enjoyed Subway's tuna salad! I haven't felt really full but maybe once. I can't wait for a fill to maybe let me eat more and actually feel full and know when to stop.

I had my first fill May 9th. 2 1/2 cc's...but I couldn't get Water down, felt like it was stuck in my throat, so they backed out a 1/2 cc, now down to 2.

I can't say that I have been full, but I ate only liquids and soft food that day. I am so paranoid about PBing and vomiting that I really haven't let myself get "full". But I get to a stage where I'm not hungry and not full. Maybe after a few more days I'll eat until I'm full and see how much.

Good luck to everyone and don't be anxious about your first fill, it's a piece of cake. :frown:

My first fill is scheduled for May 26th. I'm looking forward to it. I feel like my weight loss has stalled. I think because I was not getting enough Protein. Now I'm trying to eat nothing but Protein. I'm a little hungry sometimes but I don't feel like I'm starving anymore. Who would have ever thought mushies would be so wonderful. I'm doing pretty good with the Water.

Good luck to everyone on their fills:thumbup:

I go for my first fill on the 21st. I can definitely eat more now than I should so I'm having to be very careful and not let myself eat to much, though it's not anywhere close to what I used to be able to eat. I'm losing, VERY slowly, so looking forward to the restriction of the fill.

My first fill is May 28th. It's a little earlier than usual because my doctor is going on vacation and I would have to wait a long time to do it if I don't do it then. Anyway, I am so very excited! I can hardly wait. The other day, at my post op visit, there was a woman in the waiting room. She was smiling and just glowing. My doctors waiting room is sort of depressing and all the people that I see come in avoid making eye contact and such. Anyway, she was talking to anyone that walked in the door! Found out, it was her first fill. I wish I had been a little more outgoing, but I was a little nervous. She was adorable though I loved her enthusiasm. I'm vowing next time to talk to anyone and make eye contact. I have a right to be there just like everyone else! I wish everyone luck with their first fills. Be sure to let us all know how it goes! Plus, those of you who are saying that your weight is stalling out, OMG, Beefromcalie has lost 15 and CelticAngel has lost 25! That's fabulous! I wouldn't be too hard on yourselves just yet! Take care all!

I'm not upset at the slowness of the weight loss. I've dieted before and stalled for months lol I just really want to lose as much as I can before I go to Disney next month :smile2:

I had surgery April 2, 2009, and my first fill yesterday (5-13-09) The doctor only put in 1cc for the fill but I take numerous medications for kidney transplant, diabetes, seizures and a blood clotting disorder.

Is it normal to have the "full" feeling after the first time? and does your body adjust to the tightning, until the next time? It really was difficult to manage my meds and then to even think about eating.....:)

well, the fill went well. i can honestly say that the most painful part was first exposing my fat stomach (gross), second, the poking around with the fingers to find the port, and third the local numbing needle. after those three, i felt nothing. so, he stuck the fill-needle in the port, and sat me up (wonderfully comfortable mechanical chair) with the needle in me, put in 2cc of saline, and had me take some sips of Water. i didn't really feel what i think i was going to feel...then i took a final sip and felt the air come up and the burpies, and felt satisfied with the 2cc. i'm on liquids until saturday, then mushies for a few days, then normal foods. i'll be returning for my second fill in exactly two weeks. all in all, pretty painless and i'm excited to find my "sweet spot."

Had my third fill yesterday and finally have restriction, I am so happy. Yay ya yyayay

That is great to hear that you finally have restriction. I go in Tuesday for my 2nd fill and hoping for restriction then. I am not doing the best but not doing my worse either. The restriction should help.

Going for my 3rd fill this thursday.

had my 2nd fill of 2cc last tuesday.

and had my first fill 2 weeks before that. so i have a total of 4cc at this point.

Im not losing weight. and there is no restriction, or feeling full. i can still eat 2 plates of food. i dont have to chew very well or take small bites...

I am hoping this next fill will do the trick.

I go for my first fill June 9th. I start solid food next week and i am really nervous about eating food. I know you have to chew everything and eat slow. I haven't had solid food in 6 wks.

Holy Cow! I'm so jealous of some of you on your third fill already...with restriction...YAY! I don't get my first fill until June 2 and have 0 in my 10cc band now. I can eat anything and don't have to chew any differently than normal...Bandster Hell...oh well, I knew it would come. I should have asked how much he puts in at the first fill...knowing my conservative doc it will probably be less than 3cc which is only enough to fill the port and the tubing...so nothing again in the band. Does your restriction feel just like it did after surgery?