Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the port like at goal weight.

OK, so when I'm at goal weight - at the very bottom of my healthy range and with wash board abs (OK, no reality checks here, a girl can dream cant she?) will the port "show" ? Its about half an inch thick right? When there's no fat there and perfectly toned skin, is their going to be a visible lump?

Lets ignore the fact that I've had 3 babies just for the moment and the likelihood of ever having a tummy like that is non existent.

We can hold out hope for that type of body!!

I would love to know the answer as well.

Not at goal but someone from the same doctor is at goal and they moved her port to a less noticeable place under local surgery

I too am not at goal weight, I weigh 180 lbs and since losing 44lbs, I definitley can feel it alot more than before, my dr told me the "skinnier" I get, the more noticable it will be.

I too am not at goal weight, I weigh 180 lbs and since losing 44lbs, I definitley can feel it alot more than before, my dr told me the "skinnier" I get, the more noticable it will be.

today i saw a friends belly that she did it before 1 1/2 year and she lost all her overweight! i just saw a little knob at the place of the port! really nothin important!

and as she said its only visable when she lays down..

Ihave 40 more pounds to lose, but i can feel the port more and the most when I lay down, like a "knob" on my side.

Well, I am 10 lbs from goal weight of 137 and since my port had to get stitched back into place (was flipped) it is hardly noticable. (My stomach is really flat except for a little puffiness on my lower abs) and after my surgery I couldn't find my port and well it lays perfectly flat and the only reason I know where its at because my port scar is there and I can feel for it. But don't be too concerned with it sticking out once at goal, it can always be repaired with some minor surgery if it is too noticable.

My surgeon's brother is a plastic surgeon. He's done several tummy tucks on my doctor's patients once they've reached their goal. My doctor said that there is a low profile port that they can put in before the Tummy Tuck so that it won't show up as much. They don't put the low profile one in initially because it's much harder to do fills with it.

I long for the day when I have such a problem.