Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Eric Pinnar

I wanted to share a recent fantastic experience with Dr. Eric Pinnar and his staff, as well as great ongoing care.

FYI they are in Reston Advanced Weight Loss Solutions :: Home

I had some severe belly button area pain a couple weeks ago and thought it might be my Port. Went to the emergency room. The staff there contacted Eric. He and his AMAZING PA Phil dropped everything they were doing (it was a Saturday and they were involved in family events) and came to the hospital.

Eric realized it was my appendix and removed the offending organ (unfortunately the damn thing didn't weight 40 pounds!)

Then he dropped everything Sunday Night to help me out with getting an early discharge. He is amazing. And I don't have insurance and he has been remarkable in putting my mind at ease about that, and that we will work it out.

Here is what I also love about their practice... They spare NO expense in offering the best technology in the practice. They have an exray machine there to do barium swallows immediately when indicated which is so important and they CHARGE ME NOTHING FOR IT. Nor is there ever a charge for a fill. Also, I had a band slip, the early barium swallow caught it, and they were able to correct it by unfilling, very successfully contrary to what often happens where it is caught long after.

Also, they have two FANTASTIC PA's, Phil and Kellie, so I can get an appointment almost any day I need to come in.

They also have this cool body picture scanner (looks like a tanning booth), that scans your body silhouette periodically and actually see the progress you are making - this is GREAT especially when we get discouraged.

This equipment cost a fortune. Eric is also organizing a bicycling group for us, has a clothing exchange program and all kinds of other stuff. I get that he cares deeply, feeling incredibly supported and never like a pest.

I am also a patient of Dr. Eric Pinnar, and Lisa isn't exaggerating. They are amazing there. I haven't had any issues since surgery that Dr. Pinnar has had to take care of, but for me it's all about the aftercare and they are truly awesome. I also love Phil the PA and really haven't met a person there that wasn't great.

I highly recommend them for anyone considering the band!!

This is very interesting information! Today I opened a EOB from my insurance company from Dr. Eric Pinnars office where they filed a claim for $1,950 for my last fill!!! I haven't received a bill from them...yet, but I am super concerned and a bit sick to my stomach (excuse the pun) that I am going to actually receive a bill for this. My insurance paid for part of it and says I am on the hook for $600 of it. I was a self-pay patient as well so I am not sure how my insurance company became involved? About a week after I had my fill I saw Dr. Pinnar about a pain in my stomach which it turned out that my gall bladder needs to be removed. He then billed me $600 for a consulation. It was my first fill and I was under the impression that fills were free? It's Saturday morning and you better believe that I am going to call first thing Monday morning. Between the fill and gall bladder consulation/ultrasound I was billed more than $3,500.

food Expert, putting the pending/possible billing issues aside, how would you rate Dr. Pinnar and the clinic for the surgery? I live in Leesburg, VA and my primary doctor referred me to him. I have yet to visit/schedule an appointment but did sign up and attend a webinar last fall. It seemed to be impressive. Just looking for other opinions. TIA :wink2:

Hi Aquarius,

I'm a patient of Dr. Eric Pinnar's, and I can tell you unquestionably that he and his staff are incredibly supportive and caring. In fact, most of the people working there are band patients themselves, so it's easy to address any questions, fears, complications with someone who's actually been through it already. I've found that to be one of the really helpful things at that clinic.

As for food Critic's insurance concerns, I'm also a self-pay patient and when you commit to that payment plan, you commit to a set charge for services (if you don't have insurance coverage). I know that they do try to get insurance to pay whatever they can get, particularly for xray/fluoroscopy services when they do a barium swallow to check your band. Do they then turn around and bill me the rest? No, they don't. Dr. Pinnar's is one of the few bariatric practices that has the ability to do xray right in their office, and if you ever have problems with your band, this is an extremely useful thing!

Before I found Dr. Pinnar, I almost went with another surgeon in a different practice. I'm so glad I didn't pursue that one -- there was just nothing warm or personable about the place and the people involved. I know others who did have their surgery there, and they complain that their clinic treats them like a number, just some patient they collect money from, and that there's no personal relationship or support. That is SO the opposite of Dr. Pinnar's practice -- ongoing aftercare is what's so important with a band, and wouldn't you want a team of people behind you who support you and cheer you on each step of the way? :)

Not such a shining story now, since Eric Pinnar abandoned his patients and ran off to Florida...

I wanted to share a recent fantastic experience with Dr. Eric Pinnar and his staff, as well as great ongoing care.

I had some severe belly button area pain a couple weeks ago and thought it might be my Port. Went to the emergency room. The staff there contacted Eric. He and his AMAZING PA Phil dropped everything they were doing (it was a Saturday and they were involved in family events) and came to the hospital.

Eric realized it was my appendix and removed the offending organ (unfortunately the damn thing didn't weight 40 pounds!)

Then he dropped everything Sunday Night to help me out with getting an early discharge. He is amazing. And I don't have insurance and he has been remarkable in putting my mind at ease about that, and that we will work it out.

Here is what I also love about their practice... They spare NO expense in offering the best technology in the practice. They have an exray machine there to do barium swallows immediately when indicated which is so important and they CHARGE ME NOTHING FOR IT. Nor is there ever a charge for a fill. Also, I had a band slip, the early barium swallow caught it, and they were able to correct it by unfilling, very successfully contrary to what often happens where it is caught long after.

Also, they have two FANTASTIC PA's, Phil and Kellie, so I can get an appointment almost any day I need to come in.

They also have this cool body picture scanner (looks like a tanning booth), that scans your body silhouette periodically and actually see the progress you are making - this is GREAT especially when we get discouraged.

This equipment cost a fortune. Eric is also organizing a bicycling group for us, has a clothing exchange program and all kinds of other stuff. I get that he cares deeply, feeling incredibly supported and never like a pest.

All this would have been great if Eric Pinnar provided follow-up care (that we paid for, btw) for his patients when he ran off to Florida.

I used to think they were amazing, also. Except, Eric Pinnar is a jerk for taking our money for "full lifetime follow-up care", then he moved to Florida, and did not SECURE that lifetime care. FRAUD.

I am also a patient of Dr. Eric Pinnar, and Lisa isn't exaggerating. They are amazing there. I haven't had any issues since surgery that Dr. Pinnar has had to take care of, but for me it's all about the aftercare and they are truly awesome. I also love Phil the PA and really haven't met a person there that wasn't great.

In case you don't know, Eric Pinnar abandoned his patients in Virginia, and moved to Florida. We paid for LIFETIME FOLLOW-UP CARE. Nope. He didn't bother to secure that for his patients. Why isn't this guy sued?

Hi Aquarius,

I'm a patient of Dr. Eric Pinnar's, and I can tell you unquestionably that he and his staff are incredibly supportive and caring. In fact, most of the people working there are band patients themselves, so it's easy to address any questions, fears, complications with someone who's actually been through it already. I've found that to be one of the really helpful things at that clinic.

As for food Critic's insurance concerns, I'm also a self-pay patient and when you commit to that payment plan, you commit to a set charge for services (if you don't have insurance coverage). I know that they do try to get insurance to pay whatever they can get, particularly for xray/fluoroscopy services when they do a barium swallow to check your band. Do they then turn around and bill me the rest? No, they don't. Dr. Pinnar's is one of the few bariatric practices that has the ability to do xray right in their office, and if you ever have problems with your band, this is an extremely useful thing!

Before I found Dr. Pinnar, I almost went with another surgeon in a different practice. I'm so glad I didn't pursue that one -- there was just nothing warm or personable about the place and the people involved. I know others who did have their surgery there, and they complain that their clinic treats them like a number, just some patient they collect money from, and that there's no personal relationship or support. That is SO the opposite of Dr. Pinnar's practice -- ongoing aftercare is what's so important with a band, and wouldn't you want a team of people behind you who support you and cheer you on each step of the way? :)

We all owe it to readers to update this stuff. Eric Pinnar is a FRAUD. He took patient's money with the contracted agreement that he would provide lifetime follow-up care. He did not do this. Instead, he moved to Florida, and left patients without any doctor to see them. We all had to scramble to try to find someone else to care for our follow up. And, since our contract was with Pinnar, we will again pay for that service.

Hopefully, readers will take note about Eric Pinnar. Although he has a very nice manner, do not be fooled. He could care less. Eric Pinnar has taken so many patient's money with the promise of follow-up care. He did not provide that follow-up care when he moved to Florida. This is beyond LOW as a caring physician and surgeon who knows his work requires follow-up care.