Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

do you ever get tired of people/co-workers telling you ...your thin enuff...stop losing...all the comments negative and positive....i didnt tell a lot of my co-workers i was having weight loss surgery...i work 4 a huge company and didnt feel the need to go around and tell some 500 employees that i was having weight loss surgery....it amazes me how many people at work want 2 discuss my weight with me....its like u didnt want to discuss my weight when i was over-weight...y now????????i swear sometimes i feel like a circus freak...then i love my co-workers that do not have a weight issue...that tell me how to tone up...what to eat...how to exercise...that i'm too thin...thats enuff...its like who asked you????? thanks for all the tips...but aaaa i think i have it under control....when i'm seeking advice i come on here to get it from people who r walking in my shoes...or i call my dr....as far as being to thin...i havent hit my goal...until then leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!!! lol....thanks for letting me have me bitching session....lol:cursing:

ok, you crack me up. I look forward to the day when I can tell others to leave me alone...awesome weight loss! I'm being banded on the 16th (7 days and counting)

I understand what you mean, but it comes with the territory. My focus is not to let now one blow my good thang. So when they come just sake it off. In the mean time enjoy your journey.

one time when I was dieting I had gotten down to about 159 which is the thinnest I ever remember being....people told me all the time that I was thin enough and I didn't need to loose more weight. I had the same feeling!

this why i did NOT tell any one about my surgery, only mother and VERY close friends know about it, even my brother didn't know about the band. and I'm so happy this way.

You know, it seems to be a phenomenon that occurs when people are just ABOUT to hit a normal BMI. Looking at your ticker, your BMI is 28. That looks normal to people. Its not fat like you used to be. Its probably a more "normal" BMI amongst the general population than something under 25 is.

Suddenly, you're a bit of a "threat"? It seems to make people slightly uncomfortable that someone who was invisible before is suddenly coming into her own. They feel a need to put the breaks on. But its about them, not you.

Of course, it is also true that people are just plain used to seeing you fat and it can be alarming to see you thin. They think you've gone too far. But they do adjust. I had a problem with this with my mum, she wouldnt stop going on about me getting anorexic - like anorexia is just about what weight you happen to be! Now she says I look normal to her, she's used to it.

I am not even close to the point that people would think I have gone too far, but people are always commenting on what or how much I am eating.

Like, you never said anything when I was eating an ice cream a day or desert with every meal...But, now that I eat vegis and don't snack everyone is in a fit to get me "healthy".

Give ME A BREAK! This is the healthiest I have ever been!

I am getting the same thing, when i go out they say you don't need to loose more weight. I work out everyday

lost about 95 pounds, am 5' 5 1/2' tall. a size 8 from a size 22. I wish to loose 13 more pounds and then I will maintain. ever notice the comments come from people how need to loose a few?

I think Jachut is right. They feel threatened by your weightloss. Ignore them. You didn't lose weight for them, so you sure as heck aren't going to stop losing for them. You do what you feel is best for you. You are doing great! I will be so glad when I can just get close to where you are. Your weight loss goals are yours and yours alone.

The only peron who tells me that I don't need to lose anymore weight is this guy who has taken interest in me. I think maybe he likes thick girls but I just tell me I'm not doing this for you I'm doing this for me. When I finally look in the mirror and like what I see I will stop until then everyone can kiss my toochie!!

I agree with Jacqui, I too have had this happen,I went from an 18 to a current 6/8. There are a few at work that make the comment how much more are you wanting to lose? I feel good now, 8 lbs from goal. I work out , walk , do yoga, wt training, something every day at least 1.5 x 6 days a week. I have earned it. They know you took it on yourself to do something and was successful. I think this does threaten some people. I started walking at lunch a year ago, now I have about 14 people that walk with me or in groups at lunchtime, anywhere from 30 minute hikes to a full hour, they sorta choose their pace group, everyday, and some even will walk in a rainy mist. Change, we all need a helping hand. For some people walking is when they feel like it. For me and most bandsters, walking is a have too, you become addicted in a good way. love my band

i havent gotten to the point where people have told me to stop losing, cuase im still over weight, but it annoys the crap out of me when people try to tell me how to eat or exercise. if i wanted their advice i would ask for it. seriously when did all these people go to medical school or become a nutritionist. i must have missed it. LoL

you are doing great, and they are probably just jealous!

do you ever get tired of people/co-workers telling you ...your thin enuff...stop losing...all the comments negative and positive....i didnt tell a lot of my co-workers i was having weight loss surgery...i work 4 a huge company and didnt feel the need to go around and tell some 500 employees that i was having weight loss surgery....it amazes me how many people at work want 2 discuss my weight with me....its like u didnt want to discuss my weight when i was over-weight...y now????????i swear sometimes i feel like a circus freak...then i love my co-workers that do not have a weight issue...that tell me how to tone up...what to eat...how to exercise...that i'm too thin...thats enuff...its like who asked you????? thanks for all the tips...but aaaa i think i have it under control....when i'm seeking advice i come on here to get it from people who r walking in my shoes...or i call my dr....as far as being to thin...i havent hit my goal...until then leave me alone!!!!!!!!!!!! lol....thanks for letting me have me bitching session....lol:cursing:

I'm right there with you. I wish I would not have told anyone at work that I had it done. People are so NOSY!! I only told about 4 people but you know how word travels fast.

Wow I thought I was the only one dealing with the "hate". I just got banded on the 8th of April and have been met with a great deal of resistance from a few friends. At first I took it personal, but now I realize it's their own insecurities. I even had someone tell me good luck but don't even think about weighing less than them...

Not everyone is a psycologist, but I do believe that our coworkers/friends are just trying to be supportive. If they care, they usually just want to tell you you are o.k. in their eyes. Some may be jealous, but for the most part it sounds like they just care. Also keep in mind that you have started disappearing before their eyes. If you haven't told them you were banded, why wouldn't some be concerened? I agree it's not everyone business, but let's give people the benefit of the doubt.