Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight loss & plateaus

Hello August All-Stars,

It's been awhile since I've posted and I thought I'd check to see how everyone is doing. WOW I can't believe it's been almost 8 months now living with the band!! My weight loss has plateaued for the last two months and I wanted to see how everyone else is doing with their weight loss??? I've been doing lots of cardio/weight training and the scale is not moving, yet my clothes are fitting better, weird? I'm down 57 and am very happy, but wondering if this is an average place to be at this point? Anyone having a love/hate relationship with their scale? Have you hit a plateau and know how to help me kick it back into gear? Thanks!

I was on a plateau earlier this year and then again in March. I contributed to me not tracking my Protein and calories. I apparently thought I could do it in my head. Not the case, I need to write down everything I put in my mouth. Are you tracking your food? I suggest it.

I also work out 4-5 days a week cardio and weights.

Hopefully the scales will start moving down for you.

I use livestrong also (used to the be the stand alone daily plate). It is convenient that I am surround by computers all day long:cool2:

I tracked my calories before and right after banding and that is when the weight came off steadily. Stop tracking and the weight stalled. So, back to tracking for me.

I even exported my food journal to Excel and printed it to take to my last fill appt. He really liked the site (and that he could keep an eye on me!)

Thanks for all the advice! I guess the whole "tracking food dairy in the head" thing, just doesn't work for me

:sad: I was writing it all down but then stopped awhile ago. I must start again and really keep track of what's going into my mouth. I do keep active with cardio/weight training 5-6 times a week so perhaps I'm having a few "extras" that I shouldn't. I think writing it down definately make me more accountable before it goes into my mouth :thumbup: The good thing is that I'm maintaining at the same number and not gaining, but each week it can be a little frustrating to see that same number on the scale. Back to it....I'm determined to kick it back into gear!

I hear ya! I am in a love hate relationship with my band right now. If I get on the scale and it says 193 one more time I think I will throw it out the window!

Argh! I have been tracking my foods, making sure I am drinking enough Water and exercising like crazy. The past two weeks have been hard. I injured my back and was not able to exercise. Starting back up again this week and really feeling pretty good!

I have been in the same rut for about 2 months now, it just doesn't seem to want to come off. It is very frustrating. I am glad that I am not going up, that is a plus, because any other time in my life, that is exactly what would happen. I just want the scale to go down!!!

I still feel confident that it will move again, my body might just need to adjust and take a break - I don't know. I have already lost 75 pounds, so I can't complain much!

Just needed to vent!

I too have been on a plateau--since Jan. I am not gaining just bouncing between about 4 lbs. I got upset and quit logging food and haven't been to the gym for a couple of weeks. Now I am back to logging and hitting the gym at least a couple of times a week...no loss yet but am down one more pant size. That's good. I also have move my scale to the kitchen...now I see it everytime I go to snack on something or think that I will have just a little taste of something "bad".

I too have been on a plateau--since Jan. I am not gaining just bouncing between about 4 lbs. I got upset and quit logging food and haven't been to the gym for a couple of weeks. Now I am back to logging and hitting the gym at least a couple of times a week...no loss yet but am down one more pant size. That's good. I also have move my scale to the kitchen...now I see it everytime I go to snack on something or think that I will have just a little taste of something "bad".

I love the scale in the kitchen idea! I just might move mine tonight when I get home!

I have been at a plateau since January too! I have been bouncing back and forth 4-5lbs. It is getting depressing.....Trying not to give up but I am fed up....

CLAUDINE1975 hit the nail right on the head! Anytime you question your progress the first place to look is your food intake and exercise export.

Brad

I feel like a lost cause at the moment. all my motivation has gone gone gone.........

The band is like any weight loss attempt. You'll only get out of it what you put into it. If you throw your hands in the air and give up - well - that's all you're going to get....

You have to always find new ways to stay focused. One thing's for certain - motivation breeds progress and progress breeds motivation.

Good luck!

Brad

I have had Fluid taken in and out for the past two months. My scale has bounced back and forth. My doctor explained yesterday that my body needs to readjust and figure out what is going and to realize once you have hit that 80-90lb loss it is readjusting the weight will continue to come off, just most likely at a slower pace for awhile. Remember it is tool and you control how the tool works and sometimes it is just a slower than others ... be patient and remember this is a new lifestyle.

I have been having this issue to its hard to gage what you are doing wrong im walking a mile a day doing yard work house work and when i eat the portions are right and i usually throw up half of that if im not careful I have lost 77 pds and lately its like pulling teeth you can sure tell im not in my 20's anymore if I did everythingj im doing now back then I wouldj lose 5 pds a week frustrating I know I dont need a fill im tight enough. they wont give me one right now either