Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adelaide Bandsters???

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say hello, just joined today. I'm having the lap band done 3-8-09, only 4 wks away! Am excited and nervous. So I really appreciate being able to read about other peoples experiences. I'm having the op done by Dr Lillian Kow at Flinders Private. I'm 158cms and 95kgs!!! I live in the Adelaide Hills also, am at Mt Barker. Anyhow, thanks for sharing your experiences, its invaluable. Thanks from, Sue

Hi Sue and welcome. How exciting! I remember the anticipation of waiting.

Good luck with it all!

Hi sue and welcome! I am in Meadows. I go to Contours at Mt Barker, it is great! Might bump in to you one day at Coles!!!

Suzie

I'm having the op done by Dr Lillian Kow at Flinders Private. I'm 158cms and 95kgs!!! I live in the Adelaide Hills also, am at Mt Barker. Anyhow, thanks for sharing your experiences, its invaluable. Thanks from, Sue

She was my surgeon - she was so great, youre in great hands!

Have you started a count down? I starting counting down like 4 months before the surgery hehe

Hi Leah, Suzie and Jess

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I'm kinda counting down now Jess, 3wks 1day to go! Am really glad its not long now. I was going to see Dr Kow last Sept but didn't have the $ to go thru with it all then so cancelled my appt. Then I had to wait to May this yr to get in again and to start the ball rolling. So I'm really ready to get on with it now.

Are the 4 wks on fluids hard to take/manage after being used to eating heaps of whatever/whenever you want? Or does the restriction help to make you not that phased? Do you struggle with feeling deprived/hungry after the surgery?

Sorry if they're dumb questions, just a bit of a newbie. Hey Suzie might see u round Mt B. I work at the library do u go there?

Thanks for now

Sue

The first week on fluids is awesome because there is definitely restriction, i lost 4kg that week. The second week for me was hit and miss, some days felt hungry others not. I didnt lose any weight that week. Week 3 i was ready to eat solids however couldnt and this made me snappy haha. Week 4 i started to introduce mushies. In that 4 week cycle i lost 4.9kg in total. Which is good i reckon :frown:

Hey everyone, it has been a while since i posted, i went to another appointment, so all good and not long now...... two months! I cant wait!!!

I have to lose about 8 kg first so I am going to start going to the gym this week again!

Tarob -Wow, really only 2 months to go, thats going to fly! 8kg, thats doable 500grams a week! Small steps tho, dont worry if you dont lose it all in one go, its the lifestyle changes that will make it all worthwhile!

Ive got my first appointment next week - hopefully ill get a fill. I resigned from my job so im thinking they wont let me have time off so what to do, ill think of something.

The past few days ive been moving house, and im still moving - havent unpacked, just small bits, cant wait til its all moved then i can unpack and decorate my house. I cant believe i bought a house - its so awesome. I dont have the internet at home so i prob wont be back for a week or two.

good luck to those getting banded!

Sue, we constantly have late books! Will keep an eye out for you! Good luck with your journey, It seems hard to begin, but it is all worth it!

Hi everyone:smile2:

7 days to go till the op! Am feeling pretty excited. I was feeling reasonably confident about it all until... I spoke to my brother about it the other night. He is a doctor and did 5yrs of anaesthetics, on top of 5yrs of paediatrics. When he did anaesthetics he said he put lots of people under for lap band surg and saw lots of disasters. I told him my biggest concern is that I've seen 3 people have the surg, lose weight then regain it all! That put me off for a while. Interestingly, my bro said i that shd be the least of my concerncs. He thinks the worst thing that cd happen is that I'll feel miserable because i can't eat normally, and what I want to/am used to. At the ended of the day tho i keep saying that I'm me, an individual, and that it might just go fine!

Hope you're all doing ok..?

Cheers from Sue

You need to make sure you keep up with the shrink, it helps with the adjustment to less food... It's a hard one though!

Will be in Mt Barker tomorrow Sue, want me to pop in and say hi at the library??

Hi Suzie

Not sure if u mean today Mon or tomorrow Tues? I wd luv to have met you but I'm actually working in the city tomorrow. Mayb we cd swap ph numbers and catch up somehow b4 or after my op. Whenever it suits u. Is there a private messaging thing on this website? How do you all put those weight loss marker things on yr msgs?? And yr wt loss stats?? Take care everyone.

Sue

Was there today and told you don't work Mondays! You go through User CP up the top and edit signature. If you want to add a ticker go to Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy... and select your ticker and copy the code into your signature! phew! will try to PM you!

hey guys im back, ive moved house and finally have the internet connected!

I went and saw my clinic today and gotmy first fill, i learned that i have a 11ml band and i now have 4ml in it and i should start to have some restriction which will be great! i have to do mushies for 2 days and then i can continue with solids.

im starting to get my groove back, ive resigned from my current job and i have accepted a position closer to home which is walking distance, so there is my 30 mins of exercise a day, i have also joined a gym which is a 5 min walk so i will go to that 3 times a week.

My new job starts on Monday so bring on August! i have my next appointment on Oct 2, so i hope to lose 10kg by then.