Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your food weakness?...

Reading this thread is not helping my pre band weight loss attempts :laugh . Thankfully I don't even know what some of those things are!

Oh and Zoe, where I live in Australia (it can vary) we call your crisps and french fries both chips. As Parvathi said, we sometimes say 'hot' chips meaning fries. BUT THEY ARE ALL YUMMY :)

Yeah I actually think half the pleasure in some of those naughty foods is cramming them in fast. I find if I tell myself to slow down, I often cant even be bothered eating them. chips are meant to be eaten by the handful, lol.

ICE CREAM!! I've only had it a few times. Unfortunately the band does nothing to restrict it AND even worse, a Baskin Robbins is opening about 1/4 mile from my house! My all-time favorite flavor is from there, and I won't even mention it. The other stuff I love is really hard to eat (cake, pastries, etc.)

Karen said the BAD WORD. ICE CREAM. I need it. I want it. Must have it. LOL!!!!

Definitely, my biggest food weakness is ice cream. Confession: before banding, I ate probably 2 cups every night! And I'd throw in a Sonic Blast (ice cream blended with M&Ms) about 3-4 times a week, if possible! The other weakness was bowls--huge bowls--of Cereal. Now, if I eat cereal at all, it's about 10 Frosted mini-wheats in a little tiny bowl I used to serve Condiments like pickles or something in! What a difference! I have eaten ice cream since the band, but it's like a 1/2 cup...and I'm satisfied! What a concept! Cindy

Beef Sausages!!!!! I love them spicy, mild or whatever. I love em boiled, fried , baked yum, yum. I also love Hotwings!!!! Cheesecake, Cheesecake, and more cheesecake!! Plain no toppings. Yum YUm last but not least I absolutely adore my mama's collard greens(yep I am down south yall) . This may sound healthy collards are a vegetable, but my mama puts all parts of the pig in them yyyyyummmyyyyyy. I am talking Hamhocks, pigtails(maybe I am grossing some of you out but this is my favorite dish). I also love chitterlings(chittlins'). I love everything unhealthy ....yep that's about it. LOL

....erm ....not to put a downer on things but .....um, isn't this a bit like alcoholics discussing their favourite cocktails?? hmmm?

Loupyloo: I've been to some open AA meetings; and that's exactly what they sometimes do. When they tell their stories, they describe what they drank & took. I guess we're no different.

Sorry, Penni, but ice cream is my fave. Maybe I can burn down the baskin robins they're building?

oh how I miss Chinese food...........I have tried it once since being banded, and couldn't even get two bites of a chicken finger down.

Mine is chocolate ...Any type of chocolate...yummmm.

Also Jess, I can still eat chips as in potato chips, but I cant eat hot chips...weird!! But good, because chips and gravy were a down fall for me too.

I never was an ice cream freak UNTIL I got the band, go figure.

Since being banded I eat about 1/3 of what I use to eat.