Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lumps and Bumps...Am I normal?!?

Hey ladies. I have to ask a question that I have been to afraid to actually ask someone in person.

Since losing some weight I have been really noticing things about my body.

I have a TON of small bumps in my breasts. Some are hard and small, some are big and round. Is this normal? When I feel them, they usually hurt afterward.

Next, I also have bumps on my stomach. Like above my pelvic bone, below my belly button. There is one that is big (maybe quarter width) and some small ones.

I have even felt bumps on my ribs.

So, does this sound normal? Old fat cells? I just don't know!

hey there i wanna be skinny. i would suggest you go see a doctor. i am a nurse and in school i was never told anything about bumps that can appear after you loose weight. again i am NOT a doctor so don't take my word for it. it might be nothing it might be something. But i do urge you to please please see your doctor.

yes please have doctor check. But don't worry too much, I thought I had lumps too till my husband pointed out to me that the lumps were identical on both sides and they turned out to be bones which I hadn't felt in decades.

Yea, thats kinda what I was thinking too. I asked my hubby about them one night (and I didnt show him all of them) and he seemed concerned. At first he was like I have those, then he was like, oh maybe not...LOL

I will make an appointment soon. I really dislike my Dr. He never tells me how things go...After my last pap I didnt get a phone call or anything (I also had a sonogram to test for PCOS). I thought I should at least get an ok everything is fine phone call (or doesnt that never happen with docs?).

I am going to ask my best friend to feel some of them. Do you think that is ok to ask of a friend? I don't think she would be wierded out if I asked her to "touch my boob" LOL...if she knew I was serious.

You're not just feeling the glandular material in the centre of your breast are you? Look up a diagram of the breast, the glands and milk ducts spread like a bunch of grapes and each breast has hard masses at its core if you squeeze to feel it. Those "lumps" are normal. What is not normal is lumps under the skin nearer the surface.

I have lumps and bumps all over me too. I've seen both my regular doc and my gyno about them. I've been told the breast bumps I have are fibroids and not to worry, unless they grow or change. The other bumps my doc wasn't worried about, he just said it was from losing so much weight and they should reabsorb in a while.

Just sharing my story, you should still see your doc if you are concerned.

Iwannabeskinny - I agree with the others - don't wait to see your doctor - If its nothing (probably isn'T) then no harm done. If it is something then the doc can be start treatment quickly. As for asking your girlfriend, it might be comforting, but unless she is a doctor, it is beside the point. My doctor has said that he will call if anything is abnormal (and he is really great) but I have learned that although test results that the office receives back are generally seen by the doctor, some results inadvertently don't come back - for what ever reason.If they have a lot of patients, it is easy to not notice when results don't come in. When they do a test, I ask them when they are likely to receive the results. I wait a day or two after that, and then if I haven't heard, I ALWAYS call the office, ask if results are in and if all is OK. This way I am not worrying that I don't hear from them or that they have forgotten. Works well for me and my family and they do not object either.

As a nurse, I would tell you to seek medical advice. And if you don't like your doctor - by all means find one you do!! Trusting your doc is SO important....

weight.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches