Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hows everyone doing?

I don't have a ticker yet...I need to get on the ball. But I was banded on the 28th and I was just checking in to see how all you were doing. I haven't needed a fill yet. The doctor said I could cancel my april appointment if I still felt like I didn't need a fill. That is in two weeks and I am still feeling pretty good. As of today I am down 31 pounds! Only 11 pounds away from 199. I am just so excited. I was worried this wouldn't work and everyone would know I had the lap band and I was failing at it but so far so good!

I too was worried about if this would fail me too. But it isn't so far. I feel real good, just like I did before. I am getting my third full in two weeks also. I have lost about 40 lbs now. No where near my first goal of being in onederland like you but one day I will get there, I hope. I have not updated my ticker as of yet but will soon.

I've been doing OK...yet lately I have started eating alot more, and being more hungry. I have a 2nd fill appointment scheduled for this monday, and am looking forward to seeing if I have the same amount in as they put in (no leak?) I keep getting scared that I will either spring a leak or stretch my pouch! Or maybe I just lost some excess fat around my stomach.

I have noticed that even though I don't loose on the scale, my body keeps shrinking...which is a good thing.

Ive also been seeing a therapist to help with work out my "head hunger" issues. Which is difficult but helping.

I still have a long road ahead of me, but I'm chugging (sp?) along.

1st fill: 9 march 09 - 5ml (out of a 11 ml band)

2nd fill: 6 april 09 - ??

We must of been around the same weight at banding! I'm now only 10 pounds from onederland! I go in for my second fill on the 28th. Hoping to be under 200 by then. Gotta keep exercising!

Seems like we all are about 30 some lbs down and close to onderland! I am 10 lbs away and loving it. I plateau there for a bit but upped my Protein and started to lose again. Glad to hear everyone is well!

Hey Everyone!!! I am down about 33 pounds now but I have come to a standstill. I go for my first fill the week after Easter. I have to wait until after 10 am in the morning to try to eat. If I eat before then I get sick. I am just taking my time I did not gain this overnight so I guess we want lose overnight.

It sure has been quiet on here lately. I am at 38 lbs lost and am so very happy that I did this! I LOVE getting full before my plate is clean. I LOVE never being burdened with hunger and I just LOVE loosing this fat!

After my second fill things started working like they said they would. Before then I could eat way too much way too often. Now it's impossible for me to eat more than 1 cup of food at a time. I get most of my Protein from drinks.

I am wearing a size 16 pants now! WOOHOO! I was wearing size 20 when this started. I am the same size up top though. Which is a good thing, cause I don't really want to loose any boob volume.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and stay away from the chocolate!

So glad to find this thread!

Many of us are really at similar points and weights! I am thrilled with how things are going - there were a few weeks there that I was getting discouraged, but after my second fill and once I really got going to the gym things started happening!

I am now running 3 miles on the treadmill everymorning at an 11 minute mile pace and am feeling GREAT!

My clothing is the real test and wow, I am throwing things away weekly!

I go for another fill this Friday and think it will be the charm!

I am hoping to hit 'onederland' by 4/20. I have 8 pounds to go!

Doing great. I have really increase my workout time, not really intensity, but time.

I am doing well on the food, but still have to work daily to keep the Water intake up.

People have started to notice and say things....they don't my secret.

I got my band on 1/13, and I'm down from 261 to 219. Feeling GREAT about that! I've had only one fill (and two appointments since where we decided I didn't need any more yet). I walk on the treadmill 3 or 4 times a week for 30 minutes. Haven't had much trouble with head hunger yet. I'm still just so excited about it all that I'm in the groove. I think the head hunger will haunt me when the weight loss slows down.

Well this makes me feel even better that we are all around thirty pounds gone or so. Makes me think I am doing something right if you all are at the same spot as me. I am nine pounds away from onederland and i hope to be there by the end of the month!

Wow. It's great that you're having such a great experience. I continue to gain/lose the same two pounds, which has become extremely frustrating. I got the band on Jan. 27 and go for my second fill in two weeks. I hope that will kick my weight loss into overdrive.

Even without continuing weight loss, I'm so much happier now. I don't feel completely betrayed by food or appetite. I can tie a coat belt and see waist definition again, and I have enough energy to get through a whole day.

Hi everyone Glad to hear everyone is doing so well!

I just got my second fill today and man did I need it!!

I lost seven pounds in the three weeks since my last fill, but the last week or so I feel like I have been eating everything in sight! Now i have 1.7cc's in a 10cc band and I feel pretty tight right now! Scheduled another fill for 2-3 weeks out, so we will see how it goes!

Hey Everyone,

It sounds like im right around the same loss as everyone else. Ive lost 36lbs. Ive had 2 fills so far and have 4cc's in my 10cc band. My first fill gave me restriction for about a week and this one has been much better. After my second fill (2 weeks ago) I was eating about 2-3 oz which was great. Im up to about a cup of food now so I will be happy to get my 3rd fill in 2 weeks.

Glad I found this thread. I've hit a plateau for a month now. But everyone here seems to have found a good place after fill number 2.

That is scheduled 4/27, and I hope I get better restriction. I can eat way too much now.

Does anyone feel their port tug a bit when they bounce? i.e. go down the stairs fast or jog. It just feels weird. I've been sticking with the elliptical more since there is no bounce.