Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rewarding yourself along the way...

We went to Disney World in Feb. and had an amazing time. I was aware of my size and spent a few moments in each line wondering if I would fit or if I would not be comfortable or if my babies (7 & 4) would be able to sit with me. It didnt really flavor the vacation all that much because I've been spending so many years of my life doing that. It's sorta like the cursory glance arond the room upon entry to see if you are indeed the biggest one there. Anyway I started thinking about losing weight and got so excited that the next time we go to Disney I'd be smaller. I got so excited about it that I talked to my husband and we decided to go back after Thanksgiving. I typically host a dinner w/30 or so people in attendance and didnt know if I would feel up to cooking this year, so we decided to travel and visit somebody on Thanksgiving and then we'll head down to Orlando.

I am SOOOO excited. I booked our hotel and I feel like I have a goal to work towards.

What are you doing to reward yourself along the way?

When I hit 50lbs gone I am going to get a massage. I think that might repeat every 50 lbs. I have only had one in my life and I really enjoyed it.

Great idea...I'm going to have to give this rewards thing some thought. I've only (geez, it's all relative isn't it) got max. 100# so every 50 won't be enough rewards...guess I need to think of some mini-goals!

April Bunnies threads have helped me so much...now I really need to put some thought into minigoals so I do not get discouraged if things are not moving as fast as I would like. Thanks for the suggestion.

Facials, mani's, pedi's are all wonderful not too expensive rewards. One of my rewards was buying every color of nail polish for my toes that appealed to my sense of adventure. My fingernails are always pale pink, so I go wild with my toenails!!! One reward was taking all of my spring and summer capris (7 pr) to the laundry for pressing, because I HATE doing it, LOL!!! I am rewarding myself every 5-10 pounds. I am worth it!!!

Mimi

Mimi

the 50lb rewards are my big splurge $ wise rewards. I will also give myself rewards every 10lbs but not something as pricey as the massage. My ideas are:

manicures

pedicures

a book i've been eyeing

cd's

I am also ordering a magazine that I enjoy reading and every month when it comes I will remember why I ordered it...to get healthier so it will help to keep me focused.

It might sound dorky and petty but every little thing helps me and keeps it new and fresh. :0)

Thin, Those are great ideas...I love books. Wish I could splurge on a Mickey visit, but I saw him twice last year (WDW, DLRP)...I love Mickey. I need to think of something big to look forward to far off...

I plan on getting some family pictures taken. You know, like really nice ones that I can have blown up and framed. I will also be buying out half of Victoria's Secret because the larger size bras are so ugly and plain looking- can't wait for cuter ones. Oh yeah, and I'd love to take swing dancing lessons--- looks like so much fun!

I'm also planning a massage after 25 lbs lost. I plan on a mini shopping spree after 50 and a bikini wax at 75.

I'm also planning a massage after 25 lbs lost. I plan on a mini shopping spree after 50 and a bikini wax at 75.

that doesnt sound like a reward that sounds like torture! lol

Definitely a family picture. I am missing from several holiday photos- or if I am in them I sure don't look like I wanted my picture taken. I also always wanted to have blonde, blonde long hair so as soon as I lose my weight I am going to get a good cut and dye job- maybe even extensions!!! I was raised to not put to much thought into how you look because that was vain but I want to put that in the past and give a crap about what I look like!!!!!

Definitely a family picture. I am missing from several holiday photos- or if I am in them I sure don't look like I wanted my picture taken. I also always wanted to have blonde, blonde long hair so as soon as I lose my weight I am going to get a good cut and dye job- maybe even extensions!!! I was raised to not put to much thought into how you look because that was vain but I want to put that in the past and give a crap about what I look like!!!!!

ME TOO!! I think that is partially to blame for my weight gain. People who exercised or took the time to care for themselves were selfish and vain and i totaly took that and ran with it. I do for others and didnt take time for myself. It is still a struggle to not feel selfish for the time it takes for me to exercise In fact I haven't gone all week because I dont want to take away from 'family' time. Thanks for the reminder!