Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stuck on everything....

Well almost. Lately all I have had is cottage cheese with canned peaches. Soup, not chunky stuff. Refried Beans thinned out with milk. Mashed potatoes...... Hmm, that's about it. It's getting old fast! Does anyone have any ideas of some foods to try that I won't puke up??? :huh2:

I was banded on June 17, 2008. I have 8cc in a 14cc band. Thought I had a leak, b/c between my last 2 fills I was down 3.5 cc's. But they tested it & couldn't find one.

Well almost. Lately all I have had is cottage cheese with canned peaches. Soup, not chunky stuff. Refried Beans thinned out with milk. Mashed potatoes...... Hmm, that's about it. It's getting old fast! Does anyone have any ideas of some foods to try that I won't puke up??? :huh2:

I was banded on June 17, 2008. I have 8cc in a 14cc band. Thought I had a leak, b/c between my last 2 fills I was down 3.5 cc's. But they tested it & couldn't find one.

Shome,

Do you think you need a slight unfill? did you just get filled? If not shouldn't you be able to get more different kind's of foods down?? I'm only 4 months out so maybe I dont know what I'm talking about..........but you sound really tight.

If you can't eat anything but what you listed, of course you are TOO tight and need an unfill. Call your surgeon and discuss it tomorrow! The point of the band is to eat healthy (aka good variety) and what you've described is not healthy.

I would except my Dr. says I shouldn't be able to eat any more than a 1/4 cup at a time. If I have less restriction I can eat way more than that.

I guess I am between a rock & a hard spot.

OMG, I am so sorry. You definitely sound like you are too tight. I agree with restless, you really need to call an get an unfill. It doesn't have to be much. You may need less than 1cc taken out, but until you get a little less restriction you probably won't be able to eat healthy. You don't have to live like this. Once you can eat better you will probably begin to lose weight and feel a lot better about being banded.

I agree with others. You need an unfill. The idea is to get to the point where you can eat real food comfortably, stay satisfied and lose weight. Sometimes it takes some tweaking with fills to get you to that point but you should never be sick or unable to take in proper nutrition.

1. You should be able to tolerate solid foods. It is more natural, it will fill you up better and keep you full longer.
  2. You should NOT be getting sick on solids.
  3. My docotor didn't tell me that I have to eat "X" amount of food. Only to eat when hungry and stop when satisfied. I followed that guideline and based on that we guaged my hunger and weight loss and fills were done accordingly. I don't measure but I know that I have been eating more than 1/4 cup per meal since being on solids. My band and pouch are checked regularly and they are fine and my weight loss has been steady.