Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some advice from banders that have been around the block a few times. I am 9 months out and have reached what I believe to be my sweet spot a couple of months back. When everything is good I eat just the right amount and can tell when I should stop. These days are great. But then about every three days or so I experience stuck food. I know I am causing it by maybe eating somthing that gets suck easily like bread or by not chewing my food well enough so I don't really need to know what to do to stop it from happening. I guess I just want to know if I am alone? Are most of you experiencing food getting stuck at least once a week on average?

Edited by ChristineXtreme
Updated my info.

Hello All

I just got adjusted to 7.5 cc today and I will let u know what makes me stick

my band holds 14 cc..

I don't eat much bread because it doesn't always agree with me. At home I do a lot of fat free croutons on salads, because they disintegrate and don't get chewy. I was at a restaurant with friends and ordered mozarella sticks and a salad and the cheese got stuck so I excused myself and went into the bathroom and tried to quietly spit up the slime. I was gone long enough that they inquired if I was okay and I just told them the cheese didn't agree with me. If I eat too fast (old habits die hard) or don't chew something that is dense (like shrimp or ham steak) they will get stuck, but I don't do this on a regular basis. Once in a while I will get stuck. I have maybe 3ccs from two fills. My first fill was 3ccs but I had to get an unfill the next day because it was too tight. He took out about 2ccs. My second fill was probably at least 3 months later. I am at goal and can eat more than a cup of food, but I have enough restriction that I am reminded I have a band, and that seems to be working for me.

Thanks for posting this, I was searching for a thread about how often people with good restriction slime/get stuck.

For me it is about 3 or 4 times a month to varying degrees. It seems just when I start pondering getting another fill I get stuck!

Maybe I start getting too lazy with eating, not chewing or too big of bites. I don't know, but when it happens, I say I won't get another fill, then a week or two goes by and I think maybe..................

Denise