Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is God real?

BTW, Allah and Yahweh are not the same Gods. Yehweh had a son named Jesus, Allah had no sons.

Their personalities and traits are two very different beings. They could not possibly be the same.

Edited by pattygreen

BTW, Allah and Yahweh are not the same Gods. Yehweh had a son named Jesus, Allah had no sons.

Their personalities and traits are two very different beings. They could not possibly be the same.

That is entirely dependant on what you believe. Moslems believe in Jesus. They believe he was "one" of God's (Allah’s) prophets, they do not however believe was the son of God. Christians believe in Jesus as well, however they believe he was more than a prophet - they believe he was God's son.

Most religious scholars (even coming from different perspectives) understand that the Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all referring to the same god in their scripture.

http://www.therapturesite.com/allah.htm

This link will help you to understand that they are not the same God. It's a long read, but towards the end it explains it well.

This is too funny.:drool::lol::laugh:

Now you are trying to use the same argument skeptics use about Christianity against the Moslems. A lot of folks (me included) think Judaism and Christianity were derived from earlier Egyptian and pagan belief systems. I see no reason to doubt that Islam has a similar foundation to the other two, especially since they (Moslems) do acknowledge that they share the same God as the other two. The thing that is hilarious in this is the hypocrisy of it all. “Their God is not my God because he is based on myths and Idol Worship and mine is real”.

Edited by KartMan

if you read from the 2 books, Islams and christians, you can see for yourself that the characteristics and personalities of both Allah and Jehovah are extremely different. Allah does not allow a personal relationship with his creation nor does he love. He is a schemeing kind of god with his people and unjust. Jehovah on the other hand is very loving and merciful and gracious. Total opposites in character. They are not one and the same. Satan comes as an angel of light to kill, steal, and destroy man. He is a liar.

After our lives are over on this earth, we shall see. If I am right and Jesus is the Savior of mankind, I will live forever with all other believers in him in Heaven. If the atheist is right then we both have lost nothing. We die, and our bodies rot in the ground and our lives are over and done. We don't exist anymore. If I'm wrong, It's ok. If I'm right it's even better. If the atheist is right, it's ok, But, if he's wrong..........

I'm assuming here that you are an atheist. Am I right? If not, what is your belief?

God places a soul within the new creation in the womb at the moment of conception. The physical body grows and matures and learns about life and his creator over many years of his lifetime. Once he ponders his eternal soul, death, and his destiny, a person will make a decision concerning whether he believes in The Father and wants a relationship with him or not. This can happen at any age. When the person recognizes that he is a sinner and in need of a savior, and he repents, God sends his Holy Spirit to live within the believer. The believers body then becomes God's temple. (his dwelling) Thus why believers say "the kingdom of God is within them" or "Jesus lives in my heart" It is at that moment of recognition that a person is "born again". God puts his spirit into the believer. (We are all born physically, and then when we come to believe in God, we are born spiritually, thus why it's called being born again). Unless you have experienced what it is to be 'born again', you will never be able to understand spiritual things. Before I was reborn spiritually, I was not able to comprehend the things of God. I questioned his exsistance and had many doubts. After I chose to acknowledge that God is real and that I was a sinner and asked God to show me the truth and forgive me for all of the wrongs in my life, and he came into my life personally, It was like a light turned on in my head and I was able to understand spiritual things. God taught me many things and shared his thoughts and love with me. Now I know. Now I see. Christians that have been born again have a special bond one with another, even closer than their own family members, because they know the truth and understand God's plan and will for all mankind. They understand that in each persons own time, the 'light may turn on' at any moment for that person, and then they, too, will know what it's like to be born spiritually.

I believe in God. Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and Savior!

Romans 8:38-39

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Is God real?

Nope and to tell the truth I am so sick of the god in everything these days. The bible thumpers are very irritating to those of us who can see the plain scientific truth.

Nope and to tell the truth I am so sick of the god in everything these days. The bible thumpers are very irritating to those of us who can see the plain scientific truth.

There is NO scientific proof that contradicts God's word in the bible.

Yes, I'd have to agree.

How would you like it if I said that I'm so sick of athiests trying to interject that there is no God into everything these days? Those Atheists are very irritating to those of us who can understand that if their is a painting, there MUST be an artist, therefore, there is a creator. Since in the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth, and then mankind, we were here first! lol

Uh...sorry, I guess....

Someone commented the lapband got me there and the Sleeve will keep me there..what may I ask is the sleeve..guess I missed something along the way..thanks Donna Mammysm@aol.com