Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been silent for the past few months because of personal family issues including my DH being out of work for six months. We skirted the cliff edge of disaster, and I didn't lose much weight with a carb-addicted sweet tooth that walks on two legs like my DH hanging around every day, bored out of his mind. Needless to say, we were both so stressed that I had to find new solutions for coping with stress or gain weight.

I chose quilting and other sewing projects, and got a part-time job as a teacher in JoAnn fabrics shops. Those two things saved me. While I didn't lose much each month, I still lost weight. I'm now halfway to my goal, and almost half the woman I used to be. There's still another 70 lbs to go, but I'm already wearing the "goal clothes" I thought would never see daylight.

Then, my 24-year-old daughter came to live with us. With my own clothes falling off my body, my daughter handed me some of hers. They fit. In fact, even my daughter agrees they look better on me. (giggle) She's still pouting that her 50-year-old mother looks better in her clothes than she does.

Now the big day approaches. I'm fighting as long as I can out of sheer terror, but the time has come. I must go shopping for new clothes. In a regular department store, not Lane Bryant.

Hey Voice,

I am sooo happy for you I really needed to hear some good news and yours is absolutely the best news I've heard in three days! Keep your head up things going to get better and better one day at a time.

Ann

Hey, Perfect! Yeah, things might be looking up. I had a lot to lose and definitely some roadblocks, but I refuse to give up the fight. Even if I continue to lose a mere 5 lbs a month, by next summer I'll still be very close to my goal weight. Here's hoping!

Hi everyone,

I just had to share on this thread, cause I'm so excited! I went shopping yesterday for clothes for the first time since surgery. ( I have gone through all my old, "smaller than now" clothes, that were in bags deep in my closet.)

Well, I had some extra money, my daughter was visiting, it was the perfect storm for shopping! I HAD SO MUCH FUN! Losing weight has made my life fun again. I grabbed 3 size jeans for the dressing room. size 16 too big, size 14- too big! Ladies I got into a size 12 jeans, without any struggle and they look great!!! I can't remember the last time I wore size 12. It was before HS, I know that for sure!

And the shirts--- I am big breasted so I have always bought 2X. Again I took 3 sizes in with me. All the shirts I bought were size large!!! I cannot even contain my happiness! I was jumping around for joy and just loving life yesterday! I did a fashion show for my hubby, and he REALLY enjoyed it!

This lap band is THE best thing I have ever done for myself! I cannot wait to get into size 10. Won't that be just the bomb? Anyways, I just had to share with y'all. I will have a wonderful day at work today, in my new clothes! I hope you all have a good day too!