Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sooo sad and angry

Hi hi,

I was assaulted at work 4 weeks ago and today I found out my band is not working. I had my fingers crossed that it was all the swelling in my tummy but the baium swallow wouldnt even go through and I have nothing in my band at all. It took 10 mins before they could get the xray of the Fluid going through and it just trickled...I see my surgeon tomorrow. everyone keeps telling me that everything is ok and having another op will be fine coz im 47kg lighter than the last time BUT i cant get my head around having more surgery and i am so angry with work because they did not protect me enough!!!!!!

Im back in here coz i need to be around people who really understand....im devastated atm

Hi Ky,

thats terrible, I can't even imagine how violated you'd feel to be assulted, but for it to happen at work is shocking! I hope your work place is providing you with some sort of counselling?

It looks like from your ticker thing, that you've almost lost half of your excess weight, that is so amazing, how long has it been since you were banded? It would be shit to have to have another surgery, are the replacing the band or repositioning it? At least your recovery time will be quicker:-) And demand that your workplace be very generous with sick leave time for you to recover from this surgery that would not have been necessary if you weren't assulted . . . will 'workplace cover' or what ever it is cover it?

hope everything goes well for you:-)

cheers,

kt

hI hI

Thank you both for the support. I will find out this morning what will happen in regards to my band as I see the surgeon in 3 hours im so nervous.

I was banded on the 5th of feb 2008. I was assaulted on the 16th of feb so its been just 12 months. I never expected to have to have another op so soon!!!

I am on work cover as I have a broken wrist as well fromthe assault. I have 3 months of work at the moment and they are not being very helpful at all!! but thankfully this is all covered by work cover

Ill b back this afternoon with my news thanks again xoxox

I'm so sorry you have had such a bad experience but you've come to the right place for help I love this website. I was only banded 5 weeks ago so the pain and horror is still so fresh but I would do it all again 100 times over it has sooooo transformed my life, emotionally, physically, psychologically, in every way. I can totally understand the pain and anger you have regarding the assault but you have to keep that seperate from whats happened with the band and how you feel about it. I dont know about you, but I couldnt live without the band now. I so hope everything works out well for you and you never have to visit these dark times again. Best of luck, please keep us up to date won't you?

Well my surgery for removal and another band placed is set for wed at 1pm. The band has slipped terribly and I am angry and trying to get my head around the fact i need this surgery done in the first place

its gunna b a long weeekend coming to terms with everything

thanks again for the support

I cannot imagine what you are going through I would be so angry and upset about this too but unfortunately this is whats happened and now you have to have a positive outlook and good feelings about your surgery on Wednesday. When a band slips things can go REALLY wrong really quickly as you probably already know so you're kind of lucky in a way things could have been much worse (!?) I know its small comfort but maybe its something to be grateful for - I'm sorry, I would just like to bring you some comfort or something to help you but I just sound like I'm lecturing you and totally invalidating the pain you must be going through. All I can really say is, I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday and I'll be sending all my best wishes that everything goes smoothly for you and you'll have a speedy recovery and be back up and at em bigger and brighter than ever!

hI hI

Thank you both for the support. I will find out this morning what will happen in regards to my band as I see the surgeon in 3 hours im so nervous.

I was banded on the 5th of feb 2008. I was assaulted on the 16th of feb so its been just 12 months. I never expected to have to have another op so soon!!!

I am on work cover as I have a broken wrist as well fromthe assault. I have 3 months of work at the moment and they are not being very helpful at all!! but thankfully this is all covered by work cover

Ill b back this afternoon with my news thanks again xoxox

How are you making out ? I hope everythings ok :smile:

hi...

there is always a positive, you just need to find it (easier said than done i know!!). Perhaps look at it this way.....maybe the band slipped because of all the 'fat' you have lost from around your stomach. That has got to be great news for you health!!!

Chin up and remember it is all for the best (well... not the assaulty - that sucks big time!). I dont know if you are familiar with Monty Python (british comedy group), this is a song from the their best movie ever "Life of Brian". It's a personal motto of mine as well. You will probably think I am mad, but here goes....

ALways look on the bright side of Life

Some things in life are bad,

They can really make you mad,

Other things just make you swear and curse,

When you're chewing life's gristle,

Don't grumble,

Give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best.

And...

Always look on the bright side of life.

[whistle]

Always look on the light side of life.

[whistle]

If life seems jolly rotten,

There's something you've forgotten,

And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

When you're feeling in the dumps,

Don't be silly chumps.

Just purse your lips and whistle.

That's the thing.

And...

[whistle]

Always look on the right side of life,

[whistle]

For life is quite absurd

And death's the final word.

You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Forget about your sin.

Give the audience a grin.

Enjoy it. It's your last chance, anyhow.

So,...

Always look on the bright side of death,

[whistle]

Just before you draw your terminal breath.

[whistle]

Life's a piece of shit,

When you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true.

You'll see it's all a show.

Keep 'em laughing as you go.

Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And...

Always look on the right side of life.

[whistle]

Well my surgery for removal and another band placed is set for wed at 1pm. The band has slipped terribly and I am angry and trying to get my head around the fact i need this surgery done in the first place

its gunna b a long weeekend coming to terms with everything

thanks again for the support

I'm so glad that you have your surgery scheduled so soon. That must be such a relief!? I'm glad they'll be able to re-band you after your assault. The idea of losing your band on top of the assault must have terrified you.

Can you share a little about what happened or what you do that would be a possibility of an assault for you? I don't want to pry but I am curious. It also sounded from your OP that work didn't provide enough safety to keep it from happening. Are they standing behind you? They'd better!!!!!

I feel so awful for you and I am praying that your surgery goes REALLY well and that you are able to FULLY heal from this ordeal.

Hang in there and know that you are among friends. I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday. As soon as you are up to it and able, let us know how you are doing. I'll be wondering.

Take good care.

Perhaps look at it this way.....maybe the band slipped because of all the 'fat' you have lost from around your stomach.

I'm sorry. I know you're trying to help but the only reason her band slipped and so badly is b/c she got the shit beat out of her at work! The assault caused broken bones and severe bruising, swelling and pain.

I realize that you're trying to help. We all are. But that just sort of struck me wrong. I'm SURE you didn't mean it come across like that. The written word is SO hard with out the advantage of tone of voice (and lots of hand movements on MY part! LOL!). I just wanted to point it out and maybe you could re-read it and see if I'm just taking it wrong. I took it like you're sort of blowing off the horror of what she's going through. I'm almost POSITIVE I'm wrong. But just needed to say something. Dialog with me. Let me know.

Hey everyone

thank you so much for all the support and the laugh!!!!

my bright side is that it bought me back here to this wonderful place....

I am a mental health disability respite Team leader. I had a client snap 2 times the first I only got kicked 2 times in the stomach, the next week after having three days off I was assured that strategies and protection would be put in place for me BOY was I wrong.

Within 20 mins of starting work I was attacked for 45mins by a lady who was like an animal...I don't wish to be cruel but I cant explain it any other way. I was kicked 8 times between my breast bone and pelvic bone leaving bruises and big as youe hand held wide open, I had bruises on my arms and I have a broken wrist in 3 places and tendon, ligament and nerve damage.

Now I have my slipped band.

Emotionally this has been hell coming to terms with an assault, not working, being hurt so bad and a work place that did nothing to protect me.

I am getting counselling and as the physical things heal I know the mental scars will

Im on Facebook

buddingbutterfly@hotmail.com is the address feel free too add me and u can see the bruises and some of my weight loss piccys

Thank you so much for all the support I know I am going to need it from you all

You all have given me such inspiration!!!!!!!!!

luv lotsly

xoxoxoxoxox

Hi,

Not blowing anything off. Just didnt know the two were related and the assault was that severe. Just trying to get a laugh, as 'laughter' is the best medicine..... or so they say.

Apologies if my post was taken the wrong way!

Megsy

Very sad to hear your sad news but like everyone has said so far hang in there....think about how much you have lost so far and having surgury again will be worth it as you can achieve it and you will continue to achieve loosing weight..hang in there...we are here to support you..as for work, take things further and make sure they look after you....