Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bunny Bandsters - April '09, MASTER THREAD #1

Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I think the "hicups" with the EKG's must be pretty common...I, too, had to have a stress test because the EKG came out funny. I sort of knew it would since the girl who attached it had a heck of a time getting the machine to work and didn't seem to know what she was doing. :) Oh well, as they say, better safe than sorry!

Glad to hear your cardio was okay and now you are just waiting for the day.:smile2:

And the list continues to grow...

Congratulations to all the banded bandsters and best of luck to all of those being banded over the next few days.

Anyone missing or any wrong dates?

Wed April 1 = mulderfamily4, Sissyh1006, hhjazzyoo1, lls, kaner, knewme, nataliedg8, Mommad, FDBAGPIPER, spirnat31, Swisskaese, Danielle07

Thu April 2 = smilan, lingling, healthyme2, kerrischafer1, Poodia

Fri April 3 = super_chilli, tish76, vegas girl, watermelon_1, cajunmomma, TxMomof4

Sat April 4 = doodlebug11, GoddessNar

Mon April 6 = swishbc, StephOnee, shakia90, Mona40, Crimson Tide, scottyjay, silverstar79, JohnB3465

Tue April 7 = hopeful41411, mobetter, Trulyleaves, daner1110, kmg365, lindasqd51, marlina, Healthydiva50, tcbgirl, susanthomas-pate, opalfire9

Wed April 8 = ldeere2005, tstanart, Singer B, BTHIN09, rdoty, HelloSkinny, GitsMardi, MIMA1980

Thu April 9 = txsandy, NYlady, murphy5, gamassagegirl, hopeful60, nurseinem, JWL08, cowboyswife, CelticAngel, LivinWithFaith/KY, BethT1027

Fri April 10 = pdburch, JayTee562, jerseygirl518, sdeale0928

Sun April 12 = HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

Mon April 13 = lachdanon, Elayne, babydoll1, 2Legit2Quit, tawandabee, hairnv, memzie

Tue April 14 = Suzdavis, victoria_057, poconomom, carbgrl, tiffalicious81, valjay, trishb13, moonbeam, auntbrat

Wed April 15 = hannahj914, sylver28, MrsMitch, jukebox81782, mec267's wife, kimba74, (sissy's office mate - are you on here yet??)

Thu April 16 = Jenfs5, scoobydoo, rannah12, vayiayia, Allformyson, Abbie-pie, BeefromCalie, contemplating, Sweet68, Stephanie1972, WishUponABand

Fri April 17 = lapbandgirl2009, lulululu, MissChristina, terelbel, Carrie_W, Ingrien

Mon April 20 = sandi1011, Auddie, Carolnpx

Tue April 21 = ThinWithin, bellatrickz, Mand

Wed April 22 = early, KikstersRT, Babygirl_68, April09Bandster, birdbrainzz, mec267, Lisacacb5, , Band_Groupie, dminson, Jackiepurs31, trobison, Bobbie72, funnychik, ladyjp

Thu April 23 = PharmaGirl, Gavroche2004

Fri April 24 = loulou09, hrtgoeson, KMCD, jodimyers, Luckynjun, SHSUSioux

Mon April 27 = boomski, shellynnrn, Shrinkerbell, smiletracy, asaylor2009, VADarlene

Tue April 28 = rcher, MSan914, chiffani

Wed April 29 = travelgrl

April hopefuls = Kellster, WannaBe1/2TheWoman, daqui26, mandilou, mscarly

Edited by PharmaGirl

Hi everyone

Sorry I am so late checking in. I had my surgery yesterday. I ended up very nervous and I think I had a wee panic attack sitting in the lobby waiting and waiting. I was then taken into a wee room with a big fluffy electric heating blanket while they went through the medical questions - it was most comforting. I have veneers on my top teeth and was informed that they might chip - not comforting, they were megga bucks. Post surgery was very uncomfortable, the pain in my shoulder is awful. Walking helps. I was also very light headed and felt sick. The liquid gravol worked very fast. When I woke up this morning I felt great, but have gone down hill since. My chest is tight and it hurts a bit to breathe. The pain in my shoulder comes and goes. I actually slept on my stomach last night and that was so comfortable. The worst must be over and I am sure by tomorrow things will be better. Today I have had Water, juice, Jello, broth - not at all hungry - am forcing myself to drink so I don't become dehyradated. Thanks to everyone on this post for your ongoing encouragement and support. Good luck to all of you with your upcoming surgery. xox

Hi everyone

Sorry I am so late checking in. I had my surgery yesterday. I ended up very nervous and I think I had a wee panic attack sitting in the lobby waiting and waiting. I was then taken into a wee room with a big fluffy electric heating blanket while they went through the medical questions - it was most comforting. I have veneers on my top teeth and was informed that they might chip - not comforting, they were megga bucks. Post surgery was very uncomfortable, the pain in my shoulder is awful. Walking helps. I was also very light headed and felt sick. The liquid gravol worked very fast. When I woke up this morning I felt great, but have gone down hill since. My chest is tight and it hurts a bit to breathe. The pain in my shoulder comes and goes. I actually slept on my stomach last night and that was so comfortable. The worst must be over and I am sure by tomorrow things will be better. Today I have had Water, juice, Jello, broth - not at all hungry - am forcing myself to drink so I don't become dehyradated. Thanks to everyone on this post for your ongoing encouragement and support. Good luck to all of you with your upcoming surgery. xox

p.s. my veneeers survived aok and I also had to have my hernie repaired

Just wanted to send out my best wishes for tomorrow's line up. super_chilli, tish76, vegas girl, watermelon_1, cajunmomma and TxMomof4. May you have an easy time of it.

Glad to hear good reports from our lead off team.

I had good news today at my pre-op, I only have to do 2 days of liquid before surgery. The bad news is the surgeon won't know if he can do my surgery until he gets in there. I will be devastated if I wake up and he couldn't do it.

Just wanted to send out my best wishes for tomorrow's line up. super_chilli, tish76, vegas girl, watermelon_1, cajunmomma and TxMomof4. May you have an easy time of it.

Glad to hear good reports from our lead off team.

I had good news today at my pre-op, I only have to do 2 days of liquid before surgery. The bad news is the surgeon won't know if he can do my surgery until he gets in there. I will be devastated if I wake up and he couldn't do it.

Why's that Jersey?

4 days down and 10 to go for my liquid diet.

First days were fine but today I feel weak and my teeth want to chew something more substantial than a berry fragment in my Protein smoothie.

10 days until surgery?!?!?

I have sleep apnea and had to get a CPAP ("crap" mask) which I've never used.

My surgeon requires all sleep apnea patients to bring the mask to the hospital.

I guess I'll try out the dang thing sometime next week. :confused:

Why's that Jersey?

LingLing,

I've had 5 hernia surgeries and a gall bladder surgery. He's not sure how much scar tissue he'll find and have to get through. (including another hernia)

VegasGirl,

Where in Kansas

Day 2 post op and this morning I felt like a truck ran over me. Right before I went to bed last night I started feeling pain in my left shoulder and my neck, but it seems to have gone away overnight.

They don't send you home with strong pain medicine here, which is ok with me. But, they told me to buy some over the counter "tylenol-like" drops for the pain. I took some last night and this morning, and the drops seem to help.

I don't feel very hungry, but I am making sure that I get liquids in me all day so I don't feel weak an get dehydrated. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated all day. And, also try to cough every two hours and take some deep breaths from your diaphragm so you won't develop pneumonia. This is what the physiotherapist told me in the hospital.

Am feeling pretty crap. The gas from surgery has gone but the other kind of gas has hit hard! And it hurts SO much to burp! But otherwise it feels like I have a big balloon stuck down there. Is horrible.

Painful at the moment as a friend came round and we had massive giggling fits - so I feel good in myself, but I think I am a bit anxious as it feels sore and I feel bloated and I am worried I have or will damage it by laughing, moving, lifting things, how I get up etc or if I drink my chocolate milk too fast. The only things I have managed to ingest today are

2 cup chocolate milk (low fat)

3 tablespoons of icecream

1/2 cup of pumpkin Soup

How insane. No wonder these bands work!!! ha ha!

Finding it hard to keep Water intake up as I really want the "taste" of food since I haven't had it for so long (with the pre op etc) so I want to drink things that taste nice and Water fills me up too.

How are the others going who are already banded?

Good luck to 3rd of April Bunnies - super_chilli, tish76, vegas girl, watermelon_1, cajunmomma, TxMomof4 - you will be fine!!! The anesthetic is FUN!

Edited by lingling

I am still doing great, no gas pain. I started full liquids today, have had half a cup of Decaf coffee, and now 1/2 of a Protein Shake. All is going down smooth. I am still a bit sore when getting up and down and a couple times have used my adominal muscles more than I should and caused pain at the port site. I am hoping all of you have as easy a time as I am having. Those who are not, I am saying a quick prayer for you.

Good Morning all!!!!

I am new to here so please bare with me while I get use to posting and blogging...lol

I am on my way to a new me I am on my pre-op diet and have lap-band surg scheduled for 4/8( yeah!~!~:confused:).

I have read many of your stories and I am very happy that I found this site because I need all the support and motavation that I can get. I am eager to hear more success stories and i will keep you all updated on mine..

good luck to all you april Bunny bandsters!!!:w00t: