Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had a bad day

Well last night I had chicken with a bit of rice. The rice got a bit stuck I think and did not digest well.

Got up this morning and all I wanted was a piece of toast and vegemite and yes it was white bread (toastie size) Well I did not even get 1/2 of it down when I had to run out of the shop and get it out. It got stuck, I did not like this. I spent the next hour walking around trying to get this stuck bread out of me. Worst of all I had just nipped out of work to get the toast. So I went missing for an hour getting this bread out of me.

I have got to say it has scared me and I do not want this to happen again so will not be eating white bread.

I now feel sore and could not go to the gym tonight.

So I am feeling sorry for myself.

Sunshine23:sad:

So sorry to see that you have had a bad day Sunshine. Everything is still so much of a learning curve.

I hope you are feeling better now :lol:

Hey Sunshine,

Not good luvvy!!! Toast is never a good thing - best to steer clear me thinks. My Dr said substitute bread with Rivita crisp bread or Saladas, they dont turn into a doughy ball in your stomach.

I had an 'experience' with sushi a few weeks ago. 3 bites in, 10 minutes of pain and then 'high tide' and it all came gushing out. I dont think i will be going there again.

dont let it depress you though..... just make better choices.

Megs

Thanks for the support.

I am feeling better now. It was a stupid thing to do. The only other thing I can't eat is cold chicken. I am fine with hot chicken its just the cold stuff that affects me.

Hope you are both doing well.

Sunshine:smile2:

You have to look at the time of day as well. Many people are much tighter in the morning than they are later on in the day. Personally I have no problems with toast as long as I eat it slow enough. And there is also no difference for me whether the toast is white, wheat, rye, etc.

Hey Sunshine. sorry to hear about your bad experience but it was a good learning experience, right? You have to keep in mind that if you get stuck or do even a tiny little productive burp or a full blown vomit, for at least 24-48 hours after your little pouch and where the band sits is swollen and you will be tighter than ever and get stuck. You may be fine eating toast another time but after an "episode" its best to steer clear of those known trigger foods especially first thing in the morning. Best to test the situation with liquids and go slowly until you know where your band is at. And yes, I learnt all this by one of those bad experiences! Not pretty! Good luck babe!

I'm getting banded on 17 April and am getting very nervous about it all. Nobody has told me to go on a pre-op diet but I think I'll try Optifast for the next couple of weeks twice a day. I'm very concerned about the food choices post-op because I have a lot of work on and haven't told anyone that I'm having the band so will find it hard to disguise any problems I may have.

Well I had a bad day but for the opposite reason! I had 1/2ml fill last week but can still eat heaps. Am really hungry in the afternoons and evenings. Tonight I ate my son's chocolate easter egg which I'll replace. Ate Beef and Black Bean Sauce with Noodles for lunch no worries. This can't be right. I think I'll phone the Doctor for another fill later this week if possible.

Hey sunshine if you really feel like toast try multi grain, it's way better - or so I've heard lol