Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starving Butterflys In My Belly

So I'm getting a little nervous now starting to think what the hell am I thinking...anyone else have pre-band jitters????

OH YEAH!!! That is quite normal. I never wanted anything so bad in my life and I fought my way through pre-op tests and approval then as the day got closer I started to wuss out. On the day of surgery, I was sitting in the hospital bed with my gown on and I so wanted to just jump up and run out of there, gown and all! But I can't even begin to relay how happy I am that I went through with it.

um yes. i was having meltdowns for the few days before and was seriously petrified. i'm thrilled now that i didn't run out of that hospital but believe me i wanted to. you'll be fine.

Thanks guys the butterflys are still there and still pretty hungry but I'm feeling a little better knowing that there are others out there that felt like running

Yeah I felt that way the night before (thursday) and yesterday before my surgery. Like thinking...WTH am I doing? I can do this on my own. But as the scale tells me, obviously I can't. I am glad that I went through it, the pain isn't too bad and it will all be worth it.

Only 3 more days, Xgrl - how exciting!!! Your feelings of anxiety (and hunger) are totally normal! I too thought about my escape route when in preop before surgery...thank goodness for the Vercid (or however you spell it). You'll do great!

I go from being excited to totally scared sh*t-less (if only) but pretty much on the excited side I keep saying to people when they ask me if I'm excited that I'm just hungry at this point which is true I can't wait to eat food again but they look at me like I'm already kinda failing I just wanna say "Yeah I'll eat food but I can't fit more than 30ml in to the pouch!!!" so it's not like i'll be back to my overeating self again! oh well alot of people have questions I've told everyone at work (I work in a small pharmacy) and they are all really nice and have tried not to eat around me for the past two weeks which i love them for!!! beyond that, I got told that I was gona have a pregnancy test the morning of the surgery and I'm totally freaked there is absolutly NO chance I'm pregnant but the fact that this could totally stop my surgery in it's tracks freaks me out almost to the point of buying a pregnancy test just to ease my nerves lol which to me is just hilarious because there is NO chance it's just nerves I keep telling myself

I'm having a bit of the nerves myself! My surgery is on Tuesday and I really just want it to hurry up and get here already!! I keep thinking I'm going to miss steak, or I can't live without chips and hot sauce one more minute. . . but I come on here, look for those oldies who've been through it and are at their goal. . and it helps!!! Glad to hear I'm not alone!! liquid diets are cruel though. Lol. I like the comparison to asking a cocaine addict to go cold turkey a week before they enter rehab!!!