Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else scheduled for April 16th?

Finally got a call from the surgeons office yesterday and have been approved! SOOO excited, scared, nervous, but very happy to finally have an actual date. This has been quite a journey already with all the insurance hoops to jump through. Now the "real journey" begins! I just can't believe it is happening, finally! Would love to find others with same date so we can support one another along the way.:confused:

Hi Peggy- I just found out yesterday that I am scheduled for April 16th. Trying to get all my ducks in a row now and figure out what I need to have on hand prior to surgery. I love getting organized so this is kinda a fun time for me- plus it keeps me distracted from any fearful thoughts and focused!!!

Hey there I am scheduled for surgery April 16 as well. I am starting to get very nervous and excited. I start my preop diet tommorrow. I just wish it would hurry up and get here.

Hi there... I am getting excited and nervous too...each passing day it is closer! Trying to make a list of stuff to go to the hospital with me. We have a wedding business and unfortunately things are scheduled WAY in advance, so my hubby will have to be at an event the night of surgery, but he will be there in the morning which is the important part! I am sure it will be fine for all of us.

I am not required to have a pre op dier, but I am gonna just watch what I am eating.

What kind of things are you packing to take with you? I have to travel 3 hours to Denver for my surgery so we are driving over the day before and staying in a hotel. My husband got time off from work so he'll be there the whole time. I hope that I took enough time off from work, I am sure I'll be fine. I just wish it were over already.

Hey Scooby and Rannah. Just checking in for the 16th. I too start my pre-op diet tomorrow. I made a last minute trip to Walmart tonight to pick up some lactaid milk, sugarfree popsicles and Jello and some green beans... great combination huh? Well good luck to us we are almost there :wink:

What kind of things are you packing to take with you? I have to travel 3 hours to Denver for my surgery so we are driving over the day before and staying in a hotel.

Hi everyone,

I found a suggested packing list in the book "WLS for Dummies"... and then sort of made my own from that:

1. A pillow from home for the hospital and for using on your ride home from the hospital.

2. Your Journal, so you can record your experience and look back on what you went through and how far you've come.

3. Comfy loose-fitting clothes for the trip home.

4. Lip Balm

5. Camera: If you want a photo record (not sure if I am doing this or not)redface.gif

6. Toiletry Items: Tootbrush, toothpaste, moisturizer, brush, etc.

7. Robe for walking halls

8. Insurance Card

9.Slippers with non-skid soles

10. Any meds that you take regularly, but ask dr. before taking.

I haven't actually packed my bag yet, but have been thinking of it since it is definitely getting closer now.

How are you guys doing? I have had a headache for 2 days now and hoping it is going away soon.

I wouldnt stress too much about what you are taking to the hospital. I packed WAY too much!!

What I did use was

- toothbrush

- facecloth

- facewash/toner mist to freshen up.

- warm socks

- laptop/ipod to watch movies/listen to music

- flipflops so you dont have to bend over to put shoes on when you leave

- cellphone and charger.

:welldoneclap:

:):thumbup::eek:

Finally got a call from the surgeons office yesterday and have been approved! SOOO excited, scared, nervous, but very happy to finally have an actual date. This has been quite a journey already with all the insurance hoops to jump through. Now the "real journey" begins! I just can't believe it is happening, finally! Would love to find others with same date so we can support one another along the way.:)

I am also scheduled for the 16th of April. My surgery will be in Juarez, Mexico with Dr, Rodriquez. I am scared about crossing the border, but it is the only place i can afford. Hope all goes good for the both of us. Good luck!!!

Is anyone else going to Mexico for surgery? Or has anyone already been there for surgery? I would love to hear from anyone who has. I will be going to STAR MEDICA in Juuarez,Mexico on April 16th. I am getting excited.:thumbup:

:wub::smile2::wub:

I am also scheduled for the 16th of April. My surgery will be in Juarez, Mexico with Dr, Rodriquez. I am scared about crossing the border, but it is the only place i can afford. Hope all goes good for the both of us. Good luck!!!

Hi Delacruz, Hope all goes well for you. I have read some really good things about some doctors across the border. As long as you did your research and feel comfortable about where you are going, I am sure you will do fine. If you don't mind me asking, what is the difference in cost? I am lucky my insurance is covering this, but I know that if they didn't I would have gone to Mexico too. Best of luck to you! Keep in touch!:smile:

Welcome delacruz, I am being banded in denver and am a self pay patient as well. I am curious as well how much your paying. My total plus 3 months follow up and fills is 9950.00. Pretty penny but I feel worth my future. Anyways hope everyone is doing well, I booked my hotel so it seems even more real. Good luck all.

Wow, i was going to post and ask what it costs - but I guess self pay in Mexico about $10K US. What does it cost to have it done in the US if it's not under insurance? What are these advertisements on the side of this page saying $6000 band, and $11,000 bypass? I am too scared to click!

In NZ, we have public funded healthcare, but many of us have elective medical insurance to cover procedures in private hospitals or if we don't want to stay on a waiting list. This surgery is not covered by public system, nor is it completely covered by private insurance. I have an insurance policy who make a one off ex gratia payment of $4,500 towards the banding so long as I met the criteria which I did. However, the rest of the bill needed to be footed by myself. The total cost before I get my $4,500 back was $16,200 NZD. Which is a LOT of coin!!!:smile2:

lingling mine is in the US thats Denver Colorado. I guess mexico must be cheaper not sure.

I'm scheduled for the 16th. My self pay is $12,000 including all visits and fills for a year. I'm having it done in Chicago.