Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

shh I got BOTOX!

I am dying to tell someone, but I don't want anyone to know! I am 40 years old and have boys that are 21 and 22. I get complimented that I don't look that old but I have this ugly forhead. I hate it when people at work ask, "are you upset/mad? You look mad."

I'd looked into it a couple of times, but ok, whatever. But then I got an offer from the Dr. that did my boobs, but he's llike a 3 hour drive. I looked for someone closer and of course found one. I emailed, got an appt and got botox on Monday! I'm so excited, but don't want to tell anyone. For 2 reasons.

1. Want to see if anyone notices
  2. don't want to tell, it's my business (seems funny since I feel I'm on here yelling it from the rooftops, lol)

Thanks for letting me share.

That's cool. So you got it for a furry between your brows? I have a farily deep one and I hate it.

You gonna post before and after pics? Are you happy with the results? How long is it supposed to last? Did it hurt?

Sorry to pepper you with questions, but I'm very curious about it myself.

I've tried botox for Migraines, and it didn't work well.

The strange thing is that all that gag stuff in movies is so wrong because it takes up to 1 full week for the botox to take affect! Not exactly the quick fix everyone talks about, lol.

True, it is not immediate. She explained to me that the day after I would wear my bangs over my forhead (that was something I started doing about a year ago). By the second day after it would start to feel...she said she didn't know how to describe it, but I would describe it like a superglue on your skin kinda feeling.

I go back in 10 days and she checks to make sure she got all the areas I requested. So, I won't know if i'll be happy with the results until about then.

I had read up on it and asked if it lasts about 4-6 months. She said the first year, you should expect to do it 4 times. Now she has been doing it for a few years, and she can tell when she needs it-about every 5-6 months.

Yes, I was thinking about posting before and afters. I'm also thinking about some hair removal because she has a flat fee, no matter how many times one has to go back to see her, it's no extra cost and she guarantees it.

How much does it cost? I would be interested in doing that but I am not even sure where I would have to go around here to have that done. I live in the middle of nowhere.

People say I look young for 56 but I have some pretty deep wrinkles that really bug me.

It was $11 per unit. She put in 35 units, or $385

This is how I rationalize it, hubby is a smoker and I am going to spend less annually than he does on ciggarettes. LOL.

I am sooooo jealous. I've been thinking about getting botox myself. I don't have any problem areas -- just starting to get crows feet and laugh lines (no frown lines - my handle is happy girl, after all).

I budget about $5K for personal appearance every year (because I'm worth it), but I've already spent $10K for the lap band surgery this year. Over budget and it's only March. Yipes! Last year I got my eyes lasered. I HIGHLY recommend that, by the way.

I was going to wait until next year to get any cosmetic enhancements that I thought were needed (since I'm over budget). After all, my 40,000 tune up is due.

So, what's the final verdict? Is it worth it? I'm in a carpe diem kinda mood. And I gotta look good for all of these younger men who are all of a sudden showing a whole lot of interest in little ol' me.

That's an excellent idea, a beautification budget! lol

I did have my breasts done in 2005 (always been a "thick" girl with lil itty bitty ones), then the band last year. So, the way I see it, i'm under budget.

I will let you know on Thursday if it's worth it. So far, I do notice a little bit of difference and i like it.

You had your eyes lasered? What is that? What does it do? Thanks to dear ol' mom, I have dark circles under my eyes all the time (suppossedly hereditary)

Speaking of younger men, hubby is 13 years younger than I am. Besides hating what I see in the mirror, I don't want to look like his mom when we are out. LOL

The eyes lasered thing was to correct my vision problems. I was blind was a bat. No more contacts or glasses for me now! Yippie!

I'm thinking about botox and the laser thing that is supposed to stimulate collagen and remove any sun damage (can't remember what it's called - der) this fall.

O, duh, lol, yeah, hubby wants to get his eyes lasered. But I wasn't thinking to better see, I was thinking cosmetic.

Are you thinking microdermabrasion or something more intense?

It's called PhotoFacial. It's supposed to remove fine lines and sun damage - basically sun damage. Oh, it's supposed to shrink your pores, too.

yay for you!!

I am 30 and get botox...yes - but you know what - people tell me I look 22/23 ish all the time so Ill take it. I also get restylane done in my smile lines - those really bother me. I love it all. I talked my mom into and she looks amazing. No one ever believes she is my mom. You know what - if it makes us feel good - who cares.

I am now looking into getting a boob job. I am 15 lbs from goal (surgery Dec 22) and have worked my butt off - so thats why I deserve it!

Ok, it's been more than 10 days, i went in for my checkup, and it's great! She added a couple more units on one side to kinda even it out, but I didn't notice anything different about the two sides.

And tonight, my daughter said, "you look different, but i don't know what it is."

but it's kinda funny, for the after pix, they ask me to frown, i tried as hard as i could and only a tiny little furrow showed up, i kept laughing, because i was trying so hard, but nothing. I am going to try to post the pix. I'm very happy with the results.

How cool!! I want to see before and afters of your forehead! I worked with a couple gals who swore by Botox but I didn;t know them before they had it done. Good for you for doing something all for yourself!

I can't wait to see pics also - I've been thinking about it - giving it to myself for my 40th birthday this year! LOL. I always frown when I'm thinking or concentrating - and I've created some frown lines between my eyebrows.

I have done laser hair removal - full legs, bikini, underarms, chin. I do like it but am surprised that its not 100%. They tell you that - but I still thought I'd never shave again. I do - but only like every few weeks. Before I had to shave everyday! I like having very smooth legs. :crying: