Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

We bandsters need to make a pact never to denigrate ourselves or minimize our accomplishments. Every pill we're taken off of, every size we shrink, every extra step we can now take is a victory. Every time we walk away from a binge and get back on track is a victory. Everytime we log in and receive encouragement, share our successes and our failures, and encourage someone else, is a victory. Keep coming back.

Cheri

Check out my blog at IF YOUR STOMACH OFFENDS YOU, TIE IT OFF

AMEN to that!!

No one has talked about a 4th fill. I had mine a few days ago.

First fill--nothing!

Second fill (2 wks later)--maybe a day or two restriction.

Third fill (2 wks later)--decent restriction for 2 weeks. Actually SAW 239! but had to wait 3 weeks and that last week played the mind game of--eat what you can cuz one more fill you wont be able to--so I gained 10 lbs!

Fourth fill (3 weeks later)--I now know why we have to chew chew chew and sip sip sip! I think I have permanently bruised my esophagus! I have not pb'd or thrown up or even had an episode of getting things stuck for a long period of time BUT I have swallowed many times feeling like a sharp pointy rock is going down my throat and hangs out in my chest for a few minutes! Even my banana at Breakfast did that to me this morning! It's just been a few days and I can't say I'm on the "band wagon" yet but I have lost a few lbs and I actually got on here so that's a start--pray for me please!

spud mama I know its difficult between fills when the restriction is less. I don't necessarily try to lose, but I at least try not to gain. I follow my food protocol but I do allow myself little treats here and there, just not everyday. We have this all or nothing thinking that can really sabotage us. Since our bands will at times let us eat it all we go ahead and eat it all. When our bands are working we're grateful to eat nothing. This head hunger, the emotional eating, and the cravings that just come from being food addicts, still has to be dealt with. That's why I write in my blog as well as post on this and other threads everyday. It keeps me honest and helps me deal with the other issues.

Check out my blog at IF YOUR STOMACH OFFENDS YOU, TIE IT OFF

Edited by ifyourstomachoffendsyou

Hi, I had my second fill on Thursday last and the doc said it was very tight. He was telling the truth. :wub: I am so scared to start solids, I bought prepared baby food for a few days after the 48 hours on clear fluids. Even the fluids hurt as they hit the band. I have to go so gently with this, my mind feels like it's been altered and the gas is a killer. I actually feel slightly insane since this fill. I think I'm now where some people seem to be at their 3rd fill, I have 7mls in a band I don't know the size of but pevious to this fill I was sure it must be a 10 litre band! I'll get on with it regardless and just take it slowly but plan to be chewing by Tuesday. I'm just so scared now.

I've been eating solid food but I still drink a Protein Drink for breakfast cause my bands so tight in the morning. lunch I eat only a little cause my bands so tight. Supper I eat a little more but I just chew everything to death and make sure I'm swallowing only a little at a time. I stop everytime I feel it sticking in my throat or if a burp brings up a little bit. I'm really liking this constant reminder that I can't just keep mindlessly eating.

:thumbup:hi everyone,

have not been around lately so have not posted.

hope all is well with everyone.....

i got my first fill last friday from tthe nurse in regina. wow is she good. maples checked her out and gave us the thumbs up to use her here. now if i can only get maples to throw in the price for the fills. HA HA HA good luck to me but i knew that when i started this thing. i lost 30 pounds before the fill and five so far since.

would like to know how everyone else is doing with their weight loss. how's it going? is everyone exercising? i can't seem to get my ass going. I thought the band was supposed to make you want to work out. My band must be broken then, because i sure AIN'T MOVING......lol just trying to figure out how to eat properly and slow down...

later.

:wub:

I thought the band was supposed to make you want to work out. My band must be broken then, because i sure AIN'T MOVING......lol just trying to figure out how to eat properly and slow down...

later.

:wub:

OMG!!! That is me TOTALLY!!! I seriously thought I'd be more motivated!! But not at ALL!!!

I'm walking a lot more than I used to, which is great, as it used to be so painful to walk before. I can't seem to motivate myself to do more than that, but its a start.

I love walking. Just went for a walk on a bike trail in a forest preserve near my house. My DH went with me. Perfect sunny but cool weather. Just right for walking. Start simple. Park farther away. Use the stairs not the elevator. You know the drill. Pace while you're on the phone. Just start increasing your overall movement. Baby steps.

'IF'...

I think you have it sorted with the Protein Shake for breakfast. I'm trying a banana mashed in yogurt for breakfast right now and it's a killer.I have read that a warm drink opens the band in the morning but it isn't working yet. I do find I have to set a target if I'm walking, set the route and work out the mileage, maybe I compete with myself. And I don't particularly like walking with someone else, it's a selfish streak in me that wants to do it just for me.

Spud and Padanelle,

I got motivated! It started when I spotted the August 2009 challenge thread and I joined in. I set myself a goal of 50 miles for the month which I started logging from about August 5, I passed it last Thursday with time to go. Had my band fill on Thursday pm and haven't 'moved' since apart from pottering about shopping and at home. My personal challenge for September will be 60 miles. I have arthritis in my knees and because of this and the state of my health, before I was recommended for the band, my doc referred me to a gym with my own trainer. He's not actually there with me each time but I see him for reviews and I found a different side of me I never knew existed. I LIKE exercise. When Usain Bolt broke the world record in 19.19 seconds, I was in the gym and exercised for 60 minutes, he's such a lightweight! haha. I walk, use the cross trainer (eliptical) and cycle on a recumbent, laid back, bike. I also do some weight training but very light weights and last week for the first time in many years, I swam. I did 250 metres which after an hour in the gym I was pretty pleased with. I'm itching to go for a walk this morning before the world gets busy here (bank holiday today) but the cup of tea comes first.

Have a good day :)

Elle,

I like the idea of setting a monthly walking goal. I'm going to start small- 20 miles - and work my way up from there.

Joan

Hi everyone,

I was banded 6-29-09:thumbup: I just had my 2nd fill this past friday. Wonderful!!!!I acyually have restriction and know when im done eating, burp/hiccup is my timer..:blushing:..I have been blending 1 banana 1tsp. skippy natural Peanut Butter and some skim milk in my magic bullet for breakfast..very yummy and nutrisious...:tongue_smilie:This keeps me pretty satisfied for atleast 5-6 hours. Since my 2nd fill I lost 4 pounds.

Bike riding has been my choice of exercise...Fun for me and my kids..Now I just need to find an exercise to help with the belly area.

Speaking of "belly"..my belly button started leaking yesterday. Not bright red blood, just the puss clear brownish stuff(YUCK)...and smelly...I did call my dr. they said it was normal. That sometimes there is a "blood pocket" that sometimes pops, but as long as it isn't bright red or pouring out or turning orange then its fine..I thought I had already healed. I was also told the belly button is where they put in the larger cam.

Anyone else have a similar story?

Oh yeah, and up until saturday I have been so constipated. Of course I was back on the good ol' liquid stuff for the weekend. So now I feel like I need to stay on the liquids even longer. Honey that Constipation ain't nothing to play with..:biggrin:....Now I feel a whole lot lighter....:biggrin:..I cannot wait to be in this ONE der LAND that I hear about. 30 pounds 2GO

Start/current/1st goal

251/229/199

Hi Padanelle, does this mean I motivated you? If so it sure feels mighty fine to me! :biggrin: Let us know how you go on.

Goodbyedblchin, I know where you're at with that Constipation, it's murder! Second fill for me last week too and mighty restriction now, in fact I'm haing problems burping. Seems like it can't make it up through the band site. Is it too tight maybe? I hope not.

Elle... you helped motivate me a bit, I like the idea of a mileage challenge for myself, I'll have to check out the august thread.

Hey TooPhat...let's get walking!!! You too padenelle!!

I started taking a Line Dancing class twice a week with my mom. The class is 2 hours and is quite a workout surprisingly, not to mention a lot of fun!!:frown: