Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intro & questions

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking here quite some time, so I thought I'd come out. :tt1: I'm so impressed and grateful that so many of you are willing to share the personal details of your experiences, especially since there seems to be such a taboo about talking about cosmetic surgery.

Having lost 110lbs, I've been very interested in getting some work done. Actually, it's a little addictive: At first I just wanted a simple TT. Then a breast lift. Maybe a little Lipo. Okay, my butt could use some help ... and my thighs. And since I'm going under the knife *anyway*, the girls could probably use a little augmentation as well as lifting. And why not a full LBL? :thumbup:

I know I'll get more information when I sit down with a surgeon or three, but I wanted to get an idea of the pros and cons of various surgeries. My areas of concern are my tummy (small-to-medium apron of skin -- any pants that won't slip off will cause a muffin-top) and breasts (small and very deflated -- they hang almost flat against my chest). To a lesser degree, my butt (cellulite and definitely saggy) and thighs (cellulite and a little saggy). My back has a little extra skin, as do my arms, but not enough for me to worry about (okay, yes, I considered getting those done too, but talked myself down...).

Right now I fluctuate between conservative and "in for a penny, in for a pound". Conservative -- I'm considering getting an anchor TT and breast-lift/augmentation and if I'm still unhappy with my butt/thighs later, getting those done separately. On my more ... er...."exuberant" days, I'm considering a LBL (since, if I understand correctly, it will do the tummy and butt and somewhat help the thighs) and then getting the breast lift/augmentation later.

So, my questions:

1. What would make a better impact on my backside: a butt-lift and thigh-lift or an LBL?

2. Can an LBL and breast aug/lift be done at the same time?

3. What looks more natural -- round or tear-drop shaped implants?

4. How do silicon "gummy bear" implants feel? Can you obviously tell they're implants?

5. For small but saggy breasts, would implants alone be sufficient or would a lift be recommended as well?

6. Is there a difference in scars (number/location) for implants alone vs implants+breast lift?

7. I think I've seen where an LBL has a 4-week (or more) recovery period. How about an anchor TT and breast implants/lift?

Anyone who has had any of the above, I would very much love to hear from you!

Wow, 66 views in 3 days and no responses? I'm going to guess this was an inappropriate post. Sorry about that, and please disregard. Thanks,

I don't think that this was an inappropriate post. I just don't think anyone has the answers you are looking for. I just got banded and like to lurk and dream here too. So I can't help you but I wish you well. And don't take the lack of response personal. Maybe in a few days you can bump this post back up and someone may give you feed back.

hey tucsond

i agree with itschoice, not alot of people have answers to your questions i know i dont atleast yet........ones i have lost all my weight i will defenetly be ready for lots of plastic surgery for now all i can say its congratulations on your weight loss and good luck on finding all answers to your questions..... keep us posted on your journey.. LOL

Hi TucsonD,

First off Congratulations on losing 110lbs!!!:w00t:

I can't answer your question pertaining to the LBL as I only had a Full Tummy Tuck with Anchor cut and Breast implants with a small cresent lift over the nipple.

Sre I can use a thigh lift and my arms could use some help, but it was my big ol belly that bothered me the most.

As fopr my implants I had small deflated breasts, never have I had bvery big ones, never bigger then a full C even at my highest weight, so I could have gotten a traditional lift, but really we saw no need for the extra scar. So I opted for a small cresent lift over the aereola.

I had 500CC High profile silicone implants. Under the muscle. I wanted as much volume as possible to fill out my saggy girls, yet didn't want to go TOO big, I wanted to look as natural as possible. The high profile for me filled out my breasts really nice and full without the tupperware bowl look. :thumbup: I am now a D cup and they feel very natural.

As for your scar question regarding a lift and implants , Yes there is a bigger scar with a full lift, basically an anchor scar from the bottom of the aereola down. With implants only, it depends on the PS, there are a few different ways to put them in.

As for the recovery period, this surgery kicked my ass, I also had a wound seperation issue with my TT and that took more time to heal. We are all different and heal different. I didn't have any pain at all from my implants except maybe the first 3 days, after that all was great.

When you go for your consults, and yes you should go to more then 1. Have a list of questions to ask the PS, they shouls answer each and every one of them and explain what they can do for you. Mine asked my what did I want done, what bothered me the most, took the time to listen to me and my concerns, then told me what he could do to help me.

I hope this helps you somewhat. Don't get discourage because you haven't gotten many replies yet, you will.

Good luck,

Kelly

Hey TusconD,

I'm pre plastic myself so I can't answer your questions. It sure is a lot to think about. I'm looking into tummytuck and lift/augmentation. Would love to do arms also, but that would need more time to save up. Darn. Congrats on your weight loss, and hope you get some more answers.

Sam