Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My body has finally figured out, it can let go of the fat!!!!

Hello all, I just had to share my excitement!! After listening to my doctor tell me the first 6 weeks post-op are not for losing, possibly gaining, and reading all the posts (including my own) on how it is frustrating and confusing how you don't lose weight post-op, I've DONE it!! I've turned the page and it feels awesome!

I've been doing everything I'm suppose to do; exercising, eating my full amount of Protein everyday, watching what I eat (few exceptions) and the weight would just NOT come off. I kept telling myself what I knew was true, but I tried SO hard to move that scale everyday and it wouldn't budge!

Well Friday I found my favorite pair of capri jeans (bought 2pr actually I loved them so much) that I have'nt been able to get into since Jan 2007. I found them in my closet and thought, "let me see how much longer it's going to be until these fit". Well, THEY FIT and with room to spare. I literally screamed out loud and was ecstatic! I wore them to work, and FINALLY got comments from nearly everyone about how great I look (NO ONE had said a single word since surgery about my weight loss-except DH of course but he doesn't count :thumbup:).

I got on the scale and had lost 2lbs! I got on the scale today and lost another lb. I FINALLY feel like my body has figured out what I did to it and is adjusting..DOWN. I am so totally thrilled and LOVE my band.

This was my first "mini" goal and it is done! My next goal is to lose 15lbs by May 24th (our DisneyWorld trip) which I believe is totally attainable. I just had to share, thanks for all the support..did I mention, I LOVE MY BAND?!!!:mellow::)

Congrats! You're doing great, and I have no doubt you'll reach that next goal!!

Congratulations on your body responding to all of your hard work!!! You deserve it. Have a wonderful time at Disney and post some pics after the trip. It can be before and halfway pics!:)

CONGRATS!!! I will be banned in the morning:willy_nilly:. I am with you on the WOW! Last weekend I pulled on a pair of 18 jeans that I haven't be able to pull up in over 2 years! On Wed. those same jeans were lose on my legs. I did something to my ankle over the weekend and couldn't exercise all week, so I am extra happy.

great going from Thornton Co.....had my surgery on the 23feb and I am down about 28 lbs and am loving it...have good days and bad days but it sure is nice to get on scale and see some movement for sure...keep it up...

Thanks so much for all the comments, I really appreciate them!!!!! :biggrin: