Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had my surgery on the 3ed....

I came home today the 4th. I'm very weak and sore. My throat is extreamly sore and dry omg it sucks. It's really hard for me to walk and stand up straight feels like I'm pulling something. Gotta a lot of gas pains sometimes. Just comes up in my throat and that hurts a little. Im not eating much Im afraid to eat I dont wanna hurt myself. But I ate some cream of chicken Soup 2 teaspoons and some Water. Everything went down fine. My I can't tell if im full or not so I just stop anyways. Anyone else having these kind of problems. Tomorrow Hopefully I wont be this sore. Also around my incision by my belly button is a little red And they told me to watch my temp if it got above 101 i could have an infection. So Thats worried my a little.

Ashley

Hang in there. I was banded just 2 weeks ago and still have some pain. It is better but the one thing I can tell you for sure is DON'T SNEEZE!! Did that Monday and pulled an internal stitch so back to the beginning. Moving helps and having someone to help you in and out of bed for a few days is a must. Oh, and make sure you take the pain meds. I quitthem too early and paid for it.

I was banded feb26th-09.. I am still on the liquid diet..But yet my weight is still at 194, granted I did the preopdiet I was 207 now after the lapband I am at 194 and it just seems to stay at that weight..Could someone tell me what is going on, and why I dont lose more, I havent has a fill yet doc said it may be 4 weeks before one.. Just curious about other bander and if they went thru this as well..Thks

I came home today the 4th. I'm very weak and sore. My throat is extreamly sore and dry omg it sucks. It's really hard for me to walk and stand up straight feels like I'm pulling something. Gotta a lot of gas pains sometimes. Just comes up in my throat and that hurts a little. Im not eating much Im afraid to eat I dont wanna hurt myself. But I ate some cream of chicken Soup 2 teaspoons and some Water. Everything went down fine. My I can't tell if im full or not so I just stop anyways. Anyone else having these kind of problems. Tomorrow Hopefully I wont be this sore. Also around my incision by my belly button is a little red And they told me to watch my temp if it got above 101 i could have an infection. So Thats worried my a little.

Ashley

I was banded 2/16 and am just starting to not feel sore anymore! I felt the same way you did after surgery and all I can say is take it one day at a time (it does get better!) I also had redness around my belly button and it was hard underneath the incision, I was worried as well but it seems to be normal and I have no other issues w/ it now. And definitly, DONT SNEEZE!!!!

**As far as the not losing weight Sommer. I am too at a standstill. I lost 17lbs the 1st week, weighed myself on Monday (my weigh day) and didn't lose a thing! And now I am teetering between 17 - 19lbs lost. It is aggravating so what I did is upped my Protein and started exercising and I hope that starts to knock off some of this weight as well. I will go for a fill in another 3 weeks.

Hi Ashley,

Hang in there! You will start to feel better eventually.

I was banded on 2/24 and I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. Apart from soreness at the wound sites, I have not really eaten much, had the killer D since the surgery and overall was just feel like I'd been hit by a bus.

Take it one day at a time, even one hour at a time if you have to. Try to stay hydrated, follow your drs recommendations for what you should be eating, walk a bit and rest when you can.

I was banded yesterday 3-4. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. I have not much gas pain to speak of just a little under my left rib. I am sore don't get me wrong from the incisions. Getting up and down is the hardest as that makes my stitches bleeed. I have not had anything but Water since yesterday and I am not hungry at all. I was really scared of having complications but so far so good. 2 of my coworkers also had this done the same day as me. I talked to them last night and they seem to be getting along ok. I do take my pain med every 4 hours. It has really kept the pain under control. I am off until March 11th I hope the incicion on my waist line will not get sore from my pants rubbing on it. I weighed yesterday before going to the hospital I was 213.4 today I weighed and am at 215. How does a person gain weight while only drinking water is what I would like to know. I am bloated a little from the (gas and surgery) I hope when all the swelling goes down I will have lost something!!!!!!!!!!

hi everyone this is day 3 of post op. I do feel better today less pain. I've been farting more, so I am getting the gas off me. I have to cough quite a bit and it really hurts but it's good for your lungs. I put a pillow over my stomach and push and then cough as i need to. I got a lot of stuff outta my throat earlier. Im eating yogurt, cram of Soups, pudding, Jello, applesauce.. there calling these full liquids!! My back is hurting more today. It feels strained. So I will be resting a lot today.

I just had my surgery on 2/25 and i felt like i was dying. i could barely shower or pardon me for being so graffic... wipe myself when i went to the bathroom. everytime i moved i felt like i was ripping my port out. its been over a week and i am just now feeling better.

go to a medical store and buy a stomach support band that will hold you in. it has been a miracle for me. i sleep in it. trust me go get one. it keeps the port in place and you wont feel it ripping. i still wince when i get up off the couch or if i bend over normally. i have to squat down with my back straight.

good luck. it will get better.

You all keep at it, you're doing great!

My doctor said to expect a period after surgery when you would not lose weight. Your metabolism is slowing down because you are not getting as many calories as you were before. This will cause your body to go into the dreaded "starvation mode" which really just means the weight loss gets real slow. Once you are able to consume a more healthy level of calories you will begin to lose weight. Be prepared to get really hungry in the next few weeks before your first fill. Don't worry too much about losing weight right now, focus on following the rules so that your body can heal. Once you are on solids, then the journey really begins. Just be patient.

God Bless!

I had my surgery yesterday (the 4th) the main pain I feel is in my upper left chest when I take a deep breath. Does anyone know about this?

Hi Had my surgery on 02/24. I'm not sore at all just tired of the full liquid diet. I realized this is more of a mental journey than anything. I'm in a house filled with snacks! I have had friends who have gone through this journey and they said the smell of certain foods make them sick so they are not tempted. I have not experienced that yet so I'm afraid of the temptation.

I was banded on 2/25/09. I am still sore, but like the others said before, I am starting to feel like myself again. I still have some pressure around the port area and some occasional gas pains, but feeling better everyday! I had problems with deep breathing and pain in the beginning too, but it has passed. My doctor explained to me that your port is attached to your diaphram wall and that's why it is sore in your shoulder area, as well as in deep breathing. The gas also tends to settle in the shoulders too. In a few weeks, it will all be a faded memory! I am full liquids still, but transitioning to mushy food. I can tolerate mashed potatoes very well. I am ready to start some other foods because my body doesn't react well to the Protein drinks. I go through spells of being hungry, but get full very easy and then other times of foods smells turning me off and making me not want to eat! I hear that eventually your hunger pains will come back...so watch out! In the weeks before your first fill, be careful, as it will be tempting to chow down on some of those foods you missed out on. I agree that is such a mental thing!

Good luck to you all!

You are probably feeling the gas from inflation of the diaphram during surgery. Walk as much as you can stand and it should help.

I am experiencing the same thing. I was banded in 2/19 and haven't lost any weight. Nce people on this web site have assured me that it is because my body is trying to heal. Hang in there, how can we not lose (eventually)?