Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am also an April Bandster, my surgery is April 7. I am new to this and excited to be sharing. I am excited and anxious.

want to wish everyone good luck who had there surgery this week on post opt. please let us april bunnys know how you are doing. surgery date april 20th!:welldoneclap: happy and scared!

Dear mlat (Jigglypuff?)

I am excited for you...I read your post about the privacy issue and I feel for you.I think you fam really means well bu they are the skinny clueless. I think my DH is a skinny/clueless but because he's such a great guy and he's also a psychologist I think he kind of gets it. Also I had to just say to myself and to him ,'well its been 20 years that I have been dieting etc and I have only gotten fatter...I must now admit I need help."

My main concern was my DD who is only 14. I thought she might be dissappointed in me that I couldnt do it on my own but she was very happy for me, maybe she just wants a more normal sized mom! At that age they really think primarily of themselves! :welldoneclap: And I swear, there are very few big moms here in sunny California or at least it seems that way to me...maybe they have all had WLS, Lipo, and plastic surgery!! LOL!

I sent you a friend request so I can cheer you on!

PS: I hope you know why I called you Jigglypuff or you might be mad! One friend told me she thought my avatar was a pickle...its Metapod! I'm hoping to come out of that cocoon!!

Cali

Good day

I will be banded on April 17,09 in Ontario and I can tell you I an happy and scared and hungry:rolleyes: as I am on the per op diet. It is day 2 of per-op and I am hungry ,they never send me the meditrim information and I am drinking a shake lower Protein.

I am hope to get some meditrim soon and I hope it will help the hungry

I think of this stage, as "time is ticking for a new life". :welldoneclap:

I love your quote...you should put it in your signature...good luck! Cali

Sorry off topic, but is anyone else having problems going to the blogs? I am just getting a blank page! Help!!

Im getting banded on th 16th also im so nervous and scared of the whole anethesia thing but i kno i really need this. Well best of luck to u.

I was banded on the 1st. I was at the hospital at 5:30am, went into surgery about 7:45am, woke up in recovery about 9:15 and left the hospital at 12. Everything went great. I feel good. So far not hungry AT ALL and am having to be reminded to drink fluids. I was at my nieces' slumber party yesterday and there was food all around me. It was SOOO weird to not care at all about the food, since all of my life I have been a MAJOR food aloholic.

I am gearing up for the hunger though, as I know it is coming. I am scheduled for my first fill on the 30th...

So far I have no complaints about the procecure or the recovery. The worst part has been being uncomfortable from all of the gas they put in to make your stomach bigger during surgery. Its been difficult getting that out, as the muslces I would usually be able to use are not fully in use yet :grouphug:

I am not really used to this site yet, and honestly I don't exactly no how to use it...but if you have surgery coming up and ya wanna ask questions, I am an open book (if I can figure out how to respond :welldoneclap:

Im new to this also! I think im getting the hang of it a little. R u taking anything for the gas pain im really scared having second thoughts about the surgery. Im starting my preop diet Mon.

Hi, I'm going to be banded on the 13th. I'm in the middle of the clear liquid diet now, the first 3 days are the worst, but it gets easier after that. Take your Vitamins, I didn't take the b-1 till the 3rd day and I felt much better after taking it.

Hi everyone. Congratulations to all the newly banded bandsters and best of luck to all of those being banded over the next month. Congrats also to the new members who have just received their surgery dates for April. Don't forget you'll find a whole community of those of us being banded in April HERE

(Bright pink in the list means the person has checked in after surgery)

Wed April 1 = mulderfamily4, Sissyh1006, hhjazzyoo1, kaner, knewme, nataliedg8, Mommad, FDBAGPIPER, spirnat31, Swisskaese, Danielle07, Spinner115, misamae

Thu April 2 = smilan, lingling, healthyme2, kerrischafer1, Poodia, lml32927, jonnycotes

Fri April 3 = super_chilli, tish76, vegas girl, watermelon_1, TxMomof4

Sat April 4 = GoddessNar

Mon April 6 = swishbc, StephOnee, shakia90, Mona40, Crimson Tide, scottyjay, silverstar79, JohnB3465, doodlebug11, cajunmomma

Tue April 7 = hopeful41411, mobetter, Trulyleaves, daner1110, kmg365, lindasqd51, marlina, Healthydiva50, tcbgirl, susanthomas-pate, opalfire9, Kitten123, jbhinla

Wed April 8 = ldeere2005, tstanart, Singer B, BTHIN09, rdoty, HelloSkinny, GitsMardi, MIMA1980, Lapbanded_Paladin

Thu April 9 = txsandy, NYlady, murphy5, gamassagegirl, hopeful60, nurseinem, JWL08, cowboyswife, CelticAngel, LivinWithFaith/KY, BethT1027, mi_illusion_st

Fri April 10 = pdburch, JayTee562, jerseygirl518, sdeale0928, vagwada

Sun April 12 = HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

Mon April 13 = lachdanon, Elayne, babydoll1, 2Legit2Quit, tawandabee, hairnv, memzie, Jeansthings, aris, Taina009

Tue April 14 = Suzdavis, victoria_057, poconomom, carbgrl, tiffalicious81, valjay, trishb13, moonbeam, auntbrat, jukebox81782

Wed April 15 = hannahj914, sylver28, MrsMitch, mec267's wife, kimba74, (sissy's office mate - are you on here yet??)

Thu April 16 = Jenfs5, scoobydoo, rannah12, vayiayia, Allformyson, Abbie-pie, BeefromCalie, contemplating, Sweet68, Stephanie1972, WishUponABand, LDL, loser09

Fri April 17 = lapbandgirl2009, lulululu, MissChristina, terelbel, Carrie_W, Ingrien, Rangergirl

Mon April 20 = sandi1011, Auddie, Carolnpx, 31andnew

Tue April 21 = ThinWithin, bellatrickz, Mand

Wed April 22 = early, KikstersRT, Babygirl_68, April09Bandster, birdbrainzz, mec267, Lisacacb5, , Band_Groupie, dminson, Jackiepurs31, trobison, Bobbie72, funnychik, ladyjp

Thu April 23 = PharmaGirl, Gavroche2004

Fri April 24 = loulou09, hrtgoeson, KMCD, jodimyers, Luckynjun, SHSUSioux

Mon April 27 = boomski, shellynnrn, Shrinkerbell, smiletracy, asaylor2009, VADarlene, mlat1822@live.com

Tue April 28 = rcher, MSan914, chiffani

Wed April 29 = travelgrl

April hopefuls = Kellster, WannaBe1/2TheWoman, daqui26, mandilou, mscarly, MiMi Teapot, mommyofone

Edited by PharmaGirl

Hey. I've had my surgery date for a couple weeks now but I've been waiting on official approval from the insurance company and now I have it. April 27th is my big day. I'm really excited but really nervous too. I've never been on the recieving end of anesthesia before. Still, I can't wait to get started on the path to a new me.

I am going to be banded on April 17th I started the liquid diet three days ago and it has been rough. Since I was coming home from vacation on the 1st day I'll admit I cheated b/c I didn't have the shake stuff to drink but yesterday I did good I did break down and have a pudding cup but today I havn't had anything but liquid. I am supprised at how hard this is I really thought my will was better but I know that it is a process.

J