Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March... our 6 month bandiversary... where are we now?

Well I've been the same weight going on 3 months now. My last fills haven't gone so well. 8cc's in my Realize Band was to much. So I know I'm between 7cc's and 8cc's. However, they take to much out- blah blah blah and don't use fluorscopy so who knows. I'm hoping the next one will do it. (especially for insurance to pay)

I'm ready to get the weight loss going again. 48lbs is great but that was lost starting my pre-op diet and the first three months.

Sandra

Hi, I was banded on 8/29/08 so I am a little over my 7 month bandiversary and I am down 80lbs!!!

I started at 335 8/29/08

current 255 4/21/09

I havent worked out yet but I plan to real soon so that my weight loss doesnt stop. i have currently with 5.6cc's in my band after having .60 removed becasue I was too tight.

I love my band....Best Decision I ever made!!! :crying:

I am half way through the battle. I need to lose 70-75 more!!

-Nicole-

I only have 4 ccs in my band, and I can truthfully say I'm definitely NOT at my sweetspot. I've actually been gaining. I see dr. Bob in two weeks. I don't believe he will see me sooner. According to the upper GI, I should be feeling good restriction. I'm not. Whatever. I've been actually reading about a revision, but not sure I want to go that way. I'm thinking I need to seriously keep trying this.

Teri

I only have 4 ccs in my band, and I can truthfully say I'm definitely NOT at my sweetspot. I've actually been gaining. I see dr. Bob in two weeks. I don't believe he will see me sooner. According to the upper GI, I should be feeling good restriction. I'm not. Whatever. I've been actually reading about a revision, but not sure I want to go that way. I'm thinking I need to seriously keep trying this.

Teri

Hi Teri,

I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling restriction. What are you eating typically in a day?

Denise

Let's see...

Breakfast, 2 energy/protein bars =20 grams protein/ 210 calories.

lunch is generally half a can of tuna or 3 oz with two tbsp of light mayo.

Dinner- last night was 3 ounces of grilled chicken. 3 ounces of peas. And that was it.

Before bed, I got a nasty wicked craving, so I had a 40 calorie ice pop sugar free of course.

Teri

Could it be that you are maybe not eating enough? I know that we aren't going to eat like normal people, but your meals seem extremely small to me.

I finally did it! I didn't think to take a picture until after I had drank 16 oz of coffee!:lol: I won't let that steal my joy! I did it!

post-245219-13813138335224_thumb.jpg

I finally did it! I didn't think to take a picture until after I had drank 16 oz of coffee!:cursing: I won't let that steal my joy! I did it!

Slim

CONGRADULATIONS :woot: :Banane33::Banane01::purplebananna::success1:

ok, these slightly express how happy I am for you. To hit that "magic" number. You are doing fantastic

Keep up the FANTASTIC job, it is slow, but before you know it you will be there.............

Huggs Debbie

I had surgery Sept 18th. Lost very well the first few months, then WHAM nothing November-May. I lost 5 lbs with the fill in March. Total weight loss so far 23lbs. I hope that with the warm weather I will be up and moving. I work in the school system so no more excuses after June 16th. I have lost inches and pant size so I am trying to stay postive. I was hoping to be at goal weight by now, only had to lose 60lbs. I am diabetic and my sugar is getting better. My last A1C was 8.8 from a 12. Normal is 6.5. So that is getting better. Trying to stay positive.:(

I think the blood sugar plays a big part in how well we lose. Just don't give up. 23 pounds down is way better than the alternative. Don't be hard on yourself. Stay strong.

ya know I had a thought last night.... How much would we weight had we not had our surgeries? The way I was gaining I'd be in the 290's by now. Means I'm down 70 pounds + from where I'd be now without wls. :biggrin: Thats a wonderful thought!

I'm stuck, not from eating, on the scale. My body loves the high 220's and low 230's. Plus I'm fighting horrible Constipation issues.

I have picked up a few "sport" related interests. I'm really enjoying riding bike with my oldest son. Can't go far, as the twins can't be with me until I'm a little more secure on the bike :biggrin: It's been seriously 7 yrs since I sat on one, and I'm a bit shaky yet. I do have a seat for Matthew, and a cart for them both. Not sure yet which will work out best.

Teri

ya know I had a thought last night.... How much would we weight had we not had our surgeries? The way I was gaining I'd be in the 290's by now. Means I'm down 70 pounds + from where I'd be now without wls. :) Thats a wonderful thought!

I'm stuck, not from eating, on the scale. My body loves the high 220's and low 230's. Plus I'm fighting horrible Constipation issues.

I have picked up a few "sport" related interests. I'm really enjoying riding bike with my oldest son. Can't go far, as the twins can't be with me until I'm a little more secure on the bike :) It's been seriously 7 yrs since I sat on one, and I'm a bit shaky yet. I do have a seat for Matthew, and a cart for them both. Not sure yet which will work out best.

Teri

Teri, I hear you with the scale being stuck. I am loosing 1 pound a month, so I bought an elipitical. I had heard how wonderful it was and it was easy on the knees. In the store I was a little champ. Now at home - OMG :eek: I did 5 minutes the first day three times. Now two days later, my thighs are burning and my arms are dead. WHAT WAS I THINKING. But then again, I died when I started walking too. The bike, a good thing. And just think, your tushie will now fit on the seat :wink: Also, doing the family thing is perfect exercise. Makes it more fun for all! Keep it up, you are doing fantastic.

Okay, constipation, what are you doing? I have been this way since surgery. Surgeon said one or two bms a week is normal. :eek: I hate this part but I guess when you don't eat very much.......

AND - Not only do I have that, but I started getting gas - very bad, bloating and lets just say you can now call me "stinky". :cursing: It is soooooo embarrassing. I even went to my Dr, I was so humilated. Turns out I am now sensative to animal protien! :sad: GIVE ME A BREAK, I was barely eating animal protien as it was! I am now on SOY milk :frown: , YUCK, no more milk, whey or animal protien. What is up with that? So now I am a vegetarian and I have to take acidoliphis to get my digestive system back in sinc. I do however get to eat lots of tuna and other fish. BTW, chocolate soy milk, light with less sugar and fat, is GOOD! So I am breaking in slowly. Gotta have my chocolate fix, even if it is soy. :wink:

Okay, I will give up meat, just get me regular, please. :lol:

Take care Teri, just hang in there. Oh, and I agree, without the surgery we all would have been a lot more than where we started. I believe I would have topped you, I know I would have been over 300 easy.

and yes, you are right, I cannot spell today//// it has been a long long day and i am tired......

Sounds like I'm not the only one who has been stuck on the scale. I've been bouncing up & down between 172 & 174 for 3 months. :cursing: Exercising 4 times a week at SNAP and riding my bike in between, just can't get the scale to move. Last week I decided to start recording my foods on the Daily Plate every day until my next check up on July 7. It shows me that what I'm eating is balanced & looking good, so it must be my body needing to rest & catch up.

As for Constipation I finally figured out that if I eat 1 slice (toasted) of a good whole grain bread (with lots of seeds, etc.) every day that the constipation has all but gone away. I also added in acidopholus for my digestive track. Has taken care of most of the gas problems. Whew!!!!! Hard to work in a close office with that problem. :sad:

Hard to believe we're closing in on one year of being banded already. It's been a pretty good trip for me.

my surgeon recommended that activia light. So for 70 calories a day I eat one. It's only been 5 days, and I already see a difference. Thank God. Just that crap is expensive. But I'm worth it. I also take acidopolus (gosh I can't spell).

Been crazy busy with potty training and lining the boys up for preschool. Wasn't 100% sure I wanted to go that route, but we are.

Company just pulled in. Must run.

Teri